With the Thailand Pass dead, now what do we use to get approved to enter the LOS?

cheapcanuck

I was one of the unlucky ones not to get my application in to get a Thailand Pass before it was shut down. Now what do I use to gain access to Thailand?  Is the Certificate of Entry (COE) back in use? What do we use to get approved to enter the LOS? Anyone know?

now the thailand pass works only for entry via phuket, it is built in the system.

than you have to stay 7days in phuket before you can travel elsewhere in thailand.

problem is that the THAILANDPASS system does not function properly.

i am still waiting for an answer for an appliation from 8 days ago.

than it might be rejected for reasons you can predict.

they ask you to pay in advance for PCR tests on web site which does not work properly.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, bbko said:

Stay home and stock up on hand lotion? Seriously how desperate are you to see another countries tourist's attractions in these covid times?

I totally agree with u.Seems like some is desperate.Maybe the gf have switch off the phone for some days now and the guys get crazy jealous.he-he

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

There was a rule that if you left Thailand and returned within 21 days you didn't need to jump through so many hoops. Can't remember now what the requirements were. Is that cancelled?

You still had to jump through the same hoops (i.e., applying for Thailand Pass and satisfying all of its requirements), but that provision allowed you to meet the Test & Go requirement of having been in qualifying countries for at least 21 days even if you were only taking a brief trip abroad. Since Test & Go is currently on hiatus, I don't think that the rule provides any benefit at the moment.

• Thanks 2

I’m a British citizen,and I want to come to Thailand for 30 days on the no visa entry system…I’m aware of the requirements re testing ect,but am confused re 20 or 10 or 7 days quarantine. The Thai embassy info is not clear?  Also I want to do the quarantine in Hua HIN if possible,or Bangkok if necessary. I do not want to go to Phuket. 
 Any help would be gratefully received. Thank you…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flyfish said:

I’m a British citizen,and I want to come to Thailand for 30 days on the no visa entry system…I’m aware of the requirements re testing ect,but am confused re 20 or 10 or 7 days quarantine. The Thai embassy info is not clear?  Also I want to do the quarantine in Hua HIN if possible,or Bangkok if necessary. I do not want to go to Phuket. 
 Any help would be gratefully received. Thank you…

Hi, you can’t do it in Hua Hin. Only real quarantine in Bangkok .7…days in room, testing etc. There are Quarantine packages online with everything included, airport transfer/ AQ hotel/ tests etc  if you are fully vaccinated . Otherwise it’s 10 days I think.

Otherwise it’s Phuket Sandbox program. Also 7 days/ 2 PCR tests; etc, if you are fully vaccinated. But… you can go out in the daytime if you have tested negative on arrival at Phuket airport . You are confined to your room until results come, another test on day 6. After, if all negative you are allowed to travel elsewhere. There are good packages online too , all included, if you want a good address message me. 
The problem is getting to Hua Hin, you really don’t want to take a bus, no social’distancing on a long ride. You could hire a private taxi. Same problem from bangkok too, tho the ride is shorter, but you are locked up’10 days. Not a big price difference for the 2 programs.