Thailand’s Minister of Public Health officially proposes to Covid-Center to postpone resuming “Test and Go” until at least the end of January

webfact

Sorry, seems like some very weak excuses for the " I have not seem my family in 2 years I won't do quarantine".  Hey, look at me I am standing my ground against Thailand and their rules. 

If I had family here I would do what ever it took to see them.  Just lame and sad your family is not worth one or even 2 weeks of time in a hotel.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

What is Thailand going to do now that Israel has found its first double case of Flu and Covid or FLURONA.  Guess we need to completely start PPE wearing and sleeping in bubbles....Sarcasm, but yes Flurona is real.  The Flu never left us it was just squelched by social distancing, and mask wearing.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/flurona-israel-records-its-first-case-of-patient-with-covid-and-flu-at-same-time/

Thailand and the rest of the world can not keep starting, shutting, starting, shutting because we have a different virus pop up on the scene.  Yes certain restrictions can be undertaken, but when is enough enough.

• Like 2

COVID-19: Concern as number of over-50s in hospital rises - but 'data does not support more restrictions'

Nadhim Zahawi has told Sky News that if more people aged over 50 get infected with Omicron it is more likely they will end up in hospital, whereas the variant up until now has seen more people under 50 being infected.

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-19-concern-over-rise-in-over-50s-admitted-to-hospital-with-covid-education-secretary-says-12508086

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, stigar said:

Today my lady birthday.I just talked with her and her family.Everybody wearing masks outside.In her party JUST nearest family.Parents and kids.Inside the home.

My mate in Pattaya says he counted at least 50 farangs and one had a mask on. Another under his chin.  Reckless and yet now i maybe will need to quarantine yet again after 3 vax shots and pcr tests. Not fair

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Sorry, seems like some very weak excuses for the " I have not seem my family in 2 years I won't do quarantine".  Hey, look at me I am standing my ground against Thailand and their rules. 

If I had family here I would do what ever it took to see them.  Just lame and sad your family is not worth one or even 2 weeks of time in a hotel.

Where are you ??? How many times have you quarantined how many pcr tests have you taken ? ….no one ever answers or has WEAK EXCUSES  but are quick to doomsday and put down those that want to come after taking all precautions 

I have now entered on T&G twice since November. Currently in Thailand and my wife was going back to the U.S. with me in a few weeks as we are buying a house there. Now need to rethink or gamble on what entry restrictions will be like at the end of February. They certainly don't make advance planning easy.

I had covid for the second time 12 days ago, must have been Omicron, felt bad for about 18 hours then fine. Managed to test negative 6 days later to fly to Thailand and tested negative again under T&G. Heading for the second PCR test on Wednesday.

This madness needs to end not only in Thailand but worldwide.

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

A lot of people should be very worried now. Many people were booked to go on the test and go after 10th January. These people will now be cancelling flights like mad, and in all probability the airlines will now start cancelling flights due to mass cancellations - you may book you phuket sandbox, but you may not be able to get there potentially !

Rather like BA have already cancelled all flights to BKK until much later this year. I agree that others will follow, not wishing to be constantly "messed about" - and can you blame them!

4 minutes ago, Bkktodd said:

My mate in Pattaya says he counted at least 50 farangs and one had a mask on. Another under his chin.  Reckless and yet now i maybe will need to quarantine yet again after 3 vax shots and pcr tests. Not fair

Gonna file this under things that never happened.  I'm getting sick of the couple guys who have gone local and decided to simply castigate foreigners in some sort of misguided attempt to endear themselves to Thai folks.  The people I see out and about, Thai and foreign, have for the most part been wearing their masks.

But sure chief, tell us more of your imaginary friend and the piles of  foreigners he's witnessed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, david555 said:

But in Europe and U.K. they are speed jabbing boosters , and Thailand even  not yet prepared enough with vaccinations alone  ....a big difference for judgment in Omicron being dangerous or mild ....is the booster factor  that is  why his decision is good to prepare mean time for boosters .

I havent followed the news about Thailand i thought everyone was double jabbed. You only need boosters if your last jab has been a while ago. Given the fact that Thailand was late with jabbing would there not still be protection ?. 

3 minutes ago, JRG23 said:

The best Thailand could do would be to let omicron in. Build immunity (omicron immunity also provides delta immunity but not the other way round) and start living normal lives again. Omicron is much much milder than delta (I am speaking from experience) and therefore at-risk groups would basically be the same at-risk flu groups. Live with omicron, manage the lower risk, and build the economy and people's lives.

Of course, this could never happen in Thailand. The army-like need to control everyone and (laughably) to try to control the virus will remain a priority here.

This regimental approach will provide plenty face for the army leaders - but it will devastate the local economy and normal people's lives. 

And of course in our western country's the governments don't do like to control everyone and try to control the virus ....? ???? 

Only Thailand is to blame by us  ....a country that is even not ours ????

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I would be amenable to that if they would allow that as an option.  The cash layout would be about the same as a flight to Phuket and the added hotel expenses.  The Suite at the Banyan Tree is large and has a relaxed atmosphere along with a view.  I can just fill up the jacuzzi tub and lounge in it.....

one-bedroom-suite_bathroom.jpg

And how about the pennis elbow?

• Confused 1

Ok, so here’s an update… I had a Thai friend calling the Thailand Pass hotline just now, it is confirmed that travelers must not move the flight forward. This is not permitted.

However, the traveler is allowed to push the flight back up to 72 hours of the original arrival time stated in the approved Thailand Pass certificate.

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

And just like that trips scheduled and time off from work to travel have been obliterated.  No one schedules a trip last minute. Ergo why i scheduled my trip to the US for January in November with a return in February and had it all approved and paid for along with the TestNGo for my return to home in BKK.  Looks like a trip through the Sandbox will be my return.

Always said bla bla..... American say always please.... even dont mean nothing! Other say only when they mean what they say! American say hope you have...... hope you dont have more than me! Other want happy to other! 

• Haha 1

Just now, robblok said:

I havent followed the news about Thailand i thought everyone was double jabbed. You only need boosters if your last jab has been a while ago. Given the fact that Thailand was late with jabbing would there not still be protection ?. 

"Given the fact that Thailand was late with jabbing would there not still be protection ?. "

Better some as nothing ...., but then why the booster race in the west....?  ????

Do not compare Thailand's social / medical security with our western safety net , when things get sour here it is worse than in our 2 " low lands nanny states " 

15 minutes ago, Bkktodd said:

It's not only foreigners.

When I had lunch yesterday in Pattaya, I sat outisde and watched people passing by.

I did not count,  but to me the percentage of "no mask" or "under the chin" seemed 50/50 between Thais and others

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Benmart said:

What is the research and science to support all this? Well why not expand this insanity to include no leaving your abode except for two hours per day, and only within a 2 km radius? It's all knee jerk governing by decree, slowly eroding civil liberties based on pseudo-science and star-studded whim.

The UK Govt did that in 2020 - only supposed to go out for exercise once a day - total bollo!! Even giving them (UK) the benefit of the doubt because Covid was new at the time, it still didn't make sense! 

1 minute ago, david555 said:

"Given the fact that Thailand was late with jabbing would there not still be protection ?. "

Better some as nothing ...., but then why the booster race in the west....?  ????

Do not compare Thailand's social / medical security with our western safety net , when things get sour here it is worse than in our 2 " low lands nanny states " 

One of us misunderstands what boosters do either you or me. 

It could be me, so just to be sure i thought we booster because after the second shot the protection slowly goes down. So we booster after 6 months as the protection has gone down a lot. Now Thailand has been slow so many have recently received their last shot and don't need a booster. In Europe they started early so now its time for a booster.

That is what i understand about boosters, so is my understanding of boosters and logic flawed or what ?

6 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Always said bla bla..... American say always please.... even dont mean nothing! Other say only when they mean what they say! American say hope you have...... hope you dont have more than me! Other want happy to other! 

Do you actually understand English? If you do what has your reply to do with his post? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, poohy said:

nothing to do with covid denying,or accessing its been done in UK and south africa already

i am vaccinated no problems with that

But in UK out of 10 friends since christmas 8 have had omicron

Results all indicate 2/3 day miserable cold symptom's bit of headache feel weak

Thats it, so sooner we all get the better

And in UK......  Hospitalisations in London have 'dropped significantly' - health boss

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Looks like Israel is now reporting it's first case of someone with the Flu and Covid. not that it has not happened already in the US, but now we enter the truly "We need to learn to live with it" stage and stop this merry go round.  Are we now going to test everyone for the Flu and close the borders because of it as well.  Time to move onward and put two years of wasted time behind us. Vaccinate those that need to be vaccinated like we have for all other illnesses and viruses and set up annual boosters or such like we already do for the Flu, Hepatitis, Tetanus etc....

Yes, yes and........YES! ????

And while we're doing it, formulate a standard "proof of vaccination" document that all airlines and Immigration authorities recognise  - like the old "Yellow Book"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Anyone read Thai? Barrow says it's now locked out after 10 Jan

???? BREAKING: The Ministry of Public Health is now recommending extending the suspension of new applications for Test & Go until the end of the month and they also propose, those who already have a Thailand Pass for Test & Go, must enter before 10 January. Follow @ThaiNewsReports on Twitter for regular updates.

Source: ด่วน! 'อนุทิน' สั่งสธ. ชงศบค.เลื่อนเปิด 'Test and go' ถึง 31 ม.ค. หลังโอมิครอนพุ่ง https://www.matichon.co.th/covid19/news_3114611

The virus is already here so locking out isn't going to help much. It's just like the Delta variant which started in April 2021. That wave never stopped.

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

One of us misunderstands what boosters do either you or me. 

It could be me, so just to be sure i thought we booster because after the second shot the protection slowly goes down. So we booster after 6 months as the protection has gone down a lot. Now Thailand has been slow so many have recently received their last shot and don't need a booster. In Europe they started early so now its time for a booster.

That is what i understand about boosters, so is my understanding of boosters and logic flawed or what ?

"Now Thailand has been slow so many have recently received their last shot and don't need a booster."

Well i got my 2 Pfizers Aug. & Sept. ..... so i would need the booster by end March .... so it is very welcome to me that a minister at least take a reflection month on this Omicron ....trying to  keeping the population  in one way or another safe as possible ....

I live now 2 months almost whole time in quarantine , just going Lotus & Big C by opening time  out for shopping or needed I.O. things ...., so another 6 to 8  months i can do also for sure until i fly out Thailand  for always ,..... i consider that last days would be the most dangerous ones to get a infection , even a non symptomatic  because all the needed doc. and tests  

1 hour ago, david555 said:

But in Europe and U.K. they are speed jabbing boosters , and Thailand even  not yet prepared enough with vaccinations alone  ....a big difference for judgment in Omicron being dangerous or mild ....is the booster factor  that is  why his decision is good to prepare mean time for boosters .

Spot on! ????

The Thai govt sat with its thumb up its posterior while other people understood the criticality of vaccination. This ongoing "cluster-fornication"  is the result!

Edited by VBF

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

"Now Thailand has been slow so many have recently received their last shot and don't need a booster."

Well i got my 2 Pfizers Aug. & Sept. ..... so i would need the booster by end March .... so it is very welcome to me that a minister at least take a reflection month on this Omicron ....trying to  keeping the population  in one way or another safe as possible ....

I live now 2 months almost whole time in quarantine , just going Lotus & Big C by opening time  out for shopping or needed I.O. things ...., so another 6 to 8  months i can do also for sure until i fly out Thailand  for always ,..... i consider that last days would be the most dangerous ones to get a infection , even a non symptomatic  because all the needed doc. and tests  

You seem really worried even though vaxxed and recently too. Do you have a lot of underlying health problems ? I am double vaxxed I don't want to get it but on the other hand im not as worried as you.