Health Ministry Requests Time to Assess COVID Situation Before Weighing in on 4th Vaccine Dose

webfact

85f2c4b23f9e50414a48f508c7dd3d63_small.jpg

By: Paul Rujopakarn

BANGKOK (NNT) - Dr Opas Karnkawinpong, director-general of the Department of Disease Control (DDC), Ministry of Public Health, has discussed the possibility of recommending a fourth COVID-19 vaccine dose to the general public and frontline medical personnel.

Current guidelines recommend a fourth dose for members of at-risk groups, with research currently underway to study the effects of boosters on the body’s immune system and to assess the overall Omicron coronavirus situation.

According to Dr Opas, part of this assessment will take into account people who received third-dose vaccinations, particularly in Bangkok and Phuket. Given that fourth doses have yet to be administered, the time required between third and fourth doses remains an open question.

He also warned against people rushing to get followup injections and boosters, noting that receiving too many too soon renders them ineffective. He added that in absence of a major outbreak, the time between vaccinations can be more spaced out while a rapidly spreading disease requires an accelerated innoculation schedule.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

nnt.jpg
  • Haha 1

Seems to me they are just doing this to make it look like they are accomplish something now.  If 3 jabs didn't do it then 4 or more certainly won't.   May as well just start jabbing people with saltwater for all the good it is doing.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

too many too soon renders them ineffective.

Is this true?

Sounds like baloney.

I think there worried about what little they have left and want to stretch it out.

People, in a few weeks will be upset when they realize there aren't any vaccines available to get a booster.

the problem is that the THAILAND PASS does not work properly.

the phones numbers there DO NOT ANSWER.

there is no way to check the status of your application.

no way to update with new required documents (need to start the whole process again...

just because the idiot programmers do not know how to program the updates!!),

and the worst - THEY STOPPED REPLYING THE RESULT !! I AM WAITING MORE THAN

7DAYS NOW FOR MY RESULT - NO REPLY FROM THEM AT ALL !!

what a disgrace. they insist of pre payment of 2 PCR tests, but the web site

to do so DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY !!!

SO for 4200 cost of PCR tests, they propably lost hundreads of millions of baht

in revenues !!!

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Current guidelines recommend a fourth dose for members of at-risk groups, with research currently underway to study the effects of boosters on the body’s immune system and to assess the overall Omicron coronavirus situation.

He has mentioned one of my concerns which is are we damaging our own immune system getting all these booster shots.

2 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

He has mentioned one of my concerns which is are we damaging our own immune system getting all these booster shots.

And do you have evidence that immune systems are indeed 'damaged' by any vaccinations?

9 minutes ago, Morpheus42 said:

Next "conspiracy theory" coming true.

We said there will be more than two vaccines, most likely it will be like a 3 to 6-month subscription. And we got made fun of, our posts got deleted orwe even got banned for that.

Conspiracy theories now simply spoiler alerts....

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ThailandGuy said:

The people do not have a 2nd or 3rd shot yet.... where are the plans for them?  With this low number covid cases a 4th shot for the medical people? Bizar!

Can't see a reason for not having/getting a 2nd shot here, and even 3rd shots are relatively easy to come by, in Bangkok and Pattaya, at least. If people don't come forward and sort out their jabs, what can the government do? Check the vaccine registers and remind the single jabbed to get a 2nd shot? Home visits? There are millions I believe.

"He added that in absence of a major outbreak, the time between vaccinations can be more spaced out while a rapidly spreading disease requires an accelerated innoculation schedule."

Are we not on the brink of a 'rapidly spreading disease' then?

14 minutes ago, bradiston said:

in Bangkok and Pattaya,

In case you were not aware There are other places in Thailand where it maybe  its not so easy!

I spent an hour registering in Prachuap today to be advised i will be told by some  odd  facebook page  when its ready !

Edited by poohy

15 hours ago, shdmn said:

Seems to me they are just doing this to make it look like they are accomplish something now.  If 3 jabs didn't do it then 4 or more certainly won't.   May as well just start jabbing people with saltwater for all the good it is doing.

Your right, we just have to learn to live with this virus. This is the story of never ending jabs and the CCP will never tell us the whole story behind this.

3 hours ago, poohy said:

In case you were not aware There are other places in Thailand where it maybe  its not so easy!

I spent an hour registering in Prachuap today to be advised i will be told by some  odd  facebook page  when its ready !

I'm aware most of Thailand doesn't function as in Bangkok and Pattaya, but living out in the sticks, if that's where we're talking, will always involve travelling to provincial capitals, or wherever the vaccinations are taking place. Maybe a major schlep, but such is life. Here in Pattaya, getting a single jab of Sinovac back in May was a MAJOR hassle. The online registration was a complete disaster. For walk ins, you need an ear to the ground, even here in Pattaya. I went to Bangkok for my first Sinovac (and second) and felt like I'd won the lottery, then a walk-in here in Pattaya for an AZ booster, tipped off by a nice Thai lady. I've been reading the various threads on this forum concerning vaccinations for about 9 months. Plus FB pages like Barrow. Plus googling, visiting and phoning hospitals here in Pattaya and in Bangkok. Not always easy, I agree! But if you can get the first one done, the hospital or Vax centre should let you know when to come back for the second. A lot easier.

Edited by bradiston