'You joking?': UK woman's Thailand holiday turns to quarantine horror

webfact

22 minutes ago, petedk said:

I think you have hit the nail on the head here. 

The authorities publish all the rules about being tested and so on, but there is nothing about being quarantined in hotels and having to foot the bill. Likewise, if they are admitted to hospital after testing positive, but showing no symptoms, or because they sat next to a positive case on the plane, the insurance companies are not likely to pay out.

This should be stated clearer on the various websites.

It won't be long before many of these cases hit the social media and news media and people will be cancelling their trips to Thailand.

Do you have any evidence that your assertions  are true?

3 hours ago, ThaIrish Sean said:

Have I missed something here?

Not sure that is the correct word?

I understood besotted to mean infatuated with someone.

For example, I was besotted with my geography teacher ???? 

I was, too.  She was one hot babe, that one.  Remember her well.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jeff Olssson said:

It is really saddening to read these stories again and again. The other day was a Norwegian family which had ended up in quarantine hospital because a family member had tested positive for Covid-19.

Imagine being in their place and all the hopes of being in a nice and relaxing holidays turns into a nightmare of quarantine and isolation in a second when your test shows positive. It is not really worth all the risks of traveling at this point of time IMHO and I don’t think most people are aware of those risks.  

It's 'good news'. Their infection  was detected  and help was available. Yes its bad that people get infected but good that they are quarantined  so they don't infect people.

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 2

No sympathy for this lady.

No one speaks English. I wonder if she speaks Thai !!

Who else has she infected on the plane?

Why did she bother to leave Omicron infested England in the first instance?

A story for her social media I am sure but otherwise I hope a lesson has been learnt the hard way.

Congratulations to Thailand for catching these irresponsible morons.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, gim12 said:

she earns a living documenting her travels on the  the internet and yet she sounds completely clueless-has no cash and asks, "what is happening?"    either a complete twit or wants drama for her future  postings

It is her lucky day on tik tok, what a live story she got? International publicity and fame! If she have to got to trial for imposing bad reputation against Thailand, even better

I thought everyone had to have valid covid insurance, so she should be fine, or? Great if she also find out the insurance is a big hoax to!

13 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

It's 'good news'. Their infection  was detected  and help was available. Yes its bad that people get infected but good that they are quarantined  so they don't infect people.

Well said.

Your post was clear as a bell, I'm confused why you got a few 'sad' smileys.

Mind you, one of those 'sad' posters gets sad (or confused) over many posts without clear reason. ????

1. edited for a correction.
Edited by Bert got kinky

It's no different, other than the travel and cost, than the numpties in Pattaya complaining about taking a ATK test prior to being allowed into a 'restaurant'.

Brandishing vaccine certificates or passports.

These aren't real vaccines, you can still have the virus and get the virus and spread the virus.

The inoculation significantly reduces your chance of severe illness, ICU admission and being put on a ventilator.

Real vaccines prevent you ever getting a disease, polio etc.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

There are far more English speaking Thais than there are Thai speaking English....in Thailand, perhaps it is you who should make the effort (just a little bit) to understand them rather tham the entitled BS of expecting them to understand you. 

Reminds me of the stiry of the Amrican woman yelling at an airport employee "If you don't understand English why are you working here?".  In Singapore.

PH

THai is a very difficult language because it is tone language. For foreigners difficult to learn as we are not used to use the different tones.. Besides that the English don't need to speak Thai. Thai is only spoken ikn THailand, while with English language you can go around the world.  Thai people don't think about that and don't put any effort in learning English.. some exceptions of course. I know it because I a long time in Thailand and be honest there is no or little effort even to try to speak English, because as you say foreigners have to do a little effort to understand. I can put you in the Netherlands/France or Germany and only talk Dutch/French/German to you and you do an effort to understand, but I am sure you will give up. That is the same here.. Unfortunately Thai is only for Thailand

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, NobbyClarke said:

No one speaks English. I wonder if she speaks Thai !!

Probably not.... should not be expected of tourists recently arriving, possibly for the first time. What are you expecting, saturation courses on the plane?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThaIrish Sean said:

Have I missed something here?

Not sure that is the correct word?

I understood besotted to mean infatuated with someone.

For example, I was besotted with my geography teacher ???? 

Oh, and there was I thinking "besotted" was  French  for completely bladdered !????

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jeff Olssson said:

It is really saddening to read these stories again and again. The other day was a Norwegian family which had ended up in quarantine hospital because a family member had tested positive for Covid-19.

Imagine being in their place and all the hopes of being in a nice and relaxing holidays turns into a nightmare of quarantine and isolation in a second when your test shows positive. It is not really worth all the risks of traveling at this point of time IMHO and I don’t think most people are aware of those risks.  

Thats another interesting point - the norwegian family you reffered to chose to book their entire stay in the quarantine hotel this to dont risk to pay for another hotel they couldnt do the quarantine in if they tested positive, but they were moved to a hospital quarantine for an additional cost without the need of medical care ... This UK woman could make the 10 days quarantine in a hotel. Not easy to make plans to reduce risk of extra cost when you anyway seems to end up making the quarantine where you not already have paid in advance ....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

It's no different, other than the travel and cost, than the numpties in Pattaya complaining about taking a ATK test prior to being allowed into a 'restaurant'.

Brandishing vaccine certificates or passports.

These aren't real vaccines, you can still have the virus and get the virus and spread the virus.

The inoculation significantly reduces your chance of severe illness, ICU admission and being put on a ventilator.

Real vaccines prevent you ever getting a disease, polio etc.

Wrong on so many levels.  I am not 100% sure, but believe there have never been ANY vaccines that give 100% protection against getting a disease.  All (AFAIA) vastly reduce the chance of getting the targetted disease, and also reduce the effects if it is contracted.  But none eradicate the risk entirely.

PH

6 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

The only place in the world that speaks Thai apart from a few Thai restaurants around the world

I tried that in the UK restaurants and had a 50:50 success rate........ although one Thai man was very pleased to hear me.....hmmm

2 hours ago, Isaanlife said:

Can you explain how everyone gets on an aircraft with a negative test and then hours later landing in Thailand test positive?

And the miraculous thing is after spending 50,000 baht the quarantine hotel actually cures your positive test?

What garbage, try sticking to facts enough misinformation around as it is.