'You joking?': UK woman's Thailand holiday turns to quarantine horror

webfact

On a serious note, why is she blaming Thailand?

By that I mean, why does she realise that Thailand is the same as everywhere else?

If you test positive in any country in the world (that I'm aware of), you have to quarantine.

She would have been in the same situation in most foreign countries.

As for no one being able to speak English, don't make me laugh.

You even state on your video about the conversations that you had with the hotel staff and maybe more but I couldn't be bothered to watch the full video.

How did you speak to these people and get understandable answers if they could speak no English?

Have you been learning Thai (very quickly) during quarantine?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, tomyami said:

And if you test positive while on your holiday from the many test stations even to go eat in a resturant if positive you can be whisked away to quarrantine its a new 72 hour directive from chon buri chief thief, cruel but Its a real money spinner.

Avoid thailand the trusted destination

Never let the truth get in the way of an anti-Thai rant, eh?  You have first hand evidence that a positive test from one of the pop-up stations means an immediate detention?  Though not. 

On the other hand I got tested last night and (after getting my negative result) askled what would happen if I had been positive...would have been adi=vised to go home and self isolate and retest in three days.  If feeling very unwell to contact hospital (several numbers given so I could easily do so). 

I hope you take your own advice and avoid Thailand.  Preferably forever.

PH

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ThaIrish Sean said:

Have I missed something here?

Not sure that is the correct word?

I understood besotted to mean infatuated with someone.

For example, I was besotted with my geography teacher ???? 

How did he feel about you?

'Circle the best meaning of the bolded word.'  Is there such a word as 'bolded?'

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Of course ..... The tourist again.. Thailand want that tourists come to visit, but putting them in quarantine will damage the image much more . Better close the borders again.  Of course you can test negative but in 72 hours much can happen, but take care of your guests and at least give answers and use qualified personnel to explain things instead of only Thai speaking people.. there are English speaking Thais too

There are far more English speaking Thais than there are Thai speaking English....in Thailand, perhaps it is you who should make the effort (just a little bit) to understand them rather tham the entitled BS of expecting them to understand you. 

Reminds me of the stiry of the Amrican woman yelling at an airport employee "If you don't understand English why are you working here?".  In Singapore.

PH

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I've never done any research about a holiday trip.

Would suggest the lady was behaving entirely normally to just pay for a holiday and expect to have it.

It's a product currently being sold to the unwary in their home countries.

Maybe some of you should be examining your nasty reactions to innocent holidaymakers.

I didn't have you down as being so naive. These are not normal times, but even in normal times I would read government travel advisories.

1 hour ago, FarmerJoe said:

So the mandatory insurance they make you buy is worthless? With all the tourists getting thrown into hospitals on arrival and getting billed for, it seems a little ridiculous to go there knowing the insurance companies won't pay up. So what is the insurance for actually?

How do you know the insurance she (and others) have will not pay up?  Or is this just another chance for some trouble free Thai bashing?

PH

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I'm sorry, regardless of whether this woman makes a TikTock living out outta this stuff it's stupid.

Who in their corn fed mind gets on a long haul flight to any tin pot third world country without knowing the risks that rules will change on a dime, and you risk either deportation or your two week vacation holed up somewhere in quarantine.

No sympathy sorry to say 

10 days not two weeks

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Then to them I say: "Google is your friend". :wai:

Reminds me of a question on an O-NET test:

"John was besotted for not listening to his father before jumping into the water."

Circle the best meaning of the bolded word.

A. Made to feel ashamed

B. Made to feel hurt

C. Made to feel foolish

D. Made to feel ignorant

????

Was "none of the above" omitted?

• Haha 1

Anybody that comes to Thailand from abroad is a stinking fool.  There are decent places to go without being jailed because you got sick.  Just wait until these people get their extortionate bill!

"I've asked them a couple of times how much [hotel quarantine] is going to cost and they just laugh and walk away," 

Yeah, real funny.  Only in Thailand!!!!

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Well using English, to be precise, you’re quarantining because you returned a positive covid test-somehow.

Not sure how to explain that in tik tok though.  

I think you have to wave your arms around a lot and do an interpretive dance

• Haha 2

Coming to Thailand as a regular tourist from a country where the virus runs rampant is nuts, and this case exemplifies why: The chance of testing positive upon arrival isn't negligible, and if one does, it's going to be a costly and uncomfortable mess. For anyone who doesn't have a compelling reason to return to Thailand, it simply isn't worth the risk.

• Like 2