Horror story of my THAILAND PASS application

12 hours ago, Tango777 said:

I have my ThaiPass since back in early December. I arrive in BKK - Sun, 9 Jan, 2022, 23:00. 

I think that Test & Go with 1 night ASQ is good through Jan 10 ? I sure hope so. Also 2 Thai citizens are traveling with me under the same arrangements. 

ASQ hotel is in Pattaya and I  know people who have done it there. 

I am looking for where I saw the Jan 10.

The Jan 10 deadline is a proposal, decision will be made Friday.

In any case as you are arriving on the 9th not an issue for you.

As long as you all have QR codes and all required documents are in order (vaccination record, insurance, pre-departure CO ID test, T&G hotel booking -- have it all printed out), should be no problem. Note that you will be require to have a second PCR test on day 5-7.

5 hours ago, Dave G said:

I applied today from the UK for myself and Thai wife. ASQ (I didn't add QR codes for our vacations)

I got acknowledgements within a couple of minutes with reference number. My wife's application was approved within 10 minutes and mine within 2 hours. 

Based on the above, I would suggest if anyone is having problems after a few days, they resubmit an application. 

ASQ Submissions seem to be met with a very quick response, more reliably.

Back in November when we (Wife, Son & I) were unsure whether we’d receive our Thailand Pass in time we made a handful of applications.

One of those ‘extra’ applications was for Alternative Quarantine - using exactly the same documentation (i.e. 1 night Test & Go booking) the response was immediate, we had a QR code in our hands.

That was enough to get us past airline check-in, on a plane and into Thailand where there are humans to speak with who can exercise discretion. 

We did receive our Test & Go QR code (2 days before travel) thus never relied upon the AQ QR codes, however, as a Plan B they get you in the door.

Obviously, some will argue that they don’t want to ’take the chance’ with an imperfect arrival documentation but if the alternative is missing your flight at the cost of £1000’s.... then the AQ Plan be becomes a more viable option to get you into Thailand and in front of a human being.

Feel for ya, the system is pretty low grade.

I did mine 2 days ago, got approved QR back in <12hrs, i paid particular attention to type of attachments ie jpeg and used my gmail and spent a lot of time working out how to get a snip of my vax cert QR into correct box...fortunately have some young tech whiz with me on nightshift lol.

BTW that was for 1wk hotel ASQ in Bangkok, getting the pre-flight PCR for transit thru Singapore will be my last hurdle to jump.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 1:27 AM, timendres said:

The Thailand Pass was suspended. Those who had already received a QR Code were allowed to enter, but new applications were dead on arrival. Here is one (of many) article about it:

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/12/thailand-pass-temporarily-suspended-those-received-qr-code-can-enter/

That's incorrect.  Thailand Pass continued but with seven days quarantine required.  I personally know two people who applied the day after the changes and got their entry passes.  

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Feel your pain op whether you have gone about it incorrectly or not. Trust Thailand to put up all sorts of barriers and make a mountain out of a molehill. I hear getting to Cambodia is a doddle. 

All the other people who are not complaining and made their application in time and with the correct documentation found no barriers, molehills or mountains!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, vandeventer said:

This is so sad, you know right after your flight leaves you will get the code. Maybe they will do it right next time.

Maybe the OP will "do it right" next time, apparently he submitted incomplete documentation.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

17 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

maybe they did it because they want me to use an agent, who propably share with them

Maybe they "did it" for the reason that has been explained, you didn't submit a complete application!   And you, obviously, knew that but continue to rant about their failings!

17 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

there might be many reasons for an application to get rejected, but there is absolutely

NO REASON IN THE WORLD to give NO ANSWER AT ALL.

There is no reason in the world to submit a knowingly incomplete application and then expect a positive reaction.  Did you complete the application with half of it shouting in all caps, by any chance?!

• Haha 1

great news from the international front: UK cancel the requirement for PCR for all incoming

vaccinated travellers.

guess thailand will follow suit soon because, well...this is what thailand do and did - just

follow the british.

https://www.skyscanner.net/news/travel-briefing?utm_content=article1of1&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=your-world_UK_2022-01-06&utm_term=flighthotel

• Haha 1

On 1/5/2022 at 11:07 AM, Enoon said:

Next time use an agent.

That's what I did.............after working out how to create good quality jpegs from other formats/sources (and having already suffered enough anxiety using the e-visa site).

It cost about 3000baht but their website was really, really, really easy/simple to use, they communicated very well with me and it took just over 6 hours to get it after I finalised the application........by paying for it.

I "pressed the button" and went to bed........it was in my email when I woke up next morning.

https://asq.in.th/thailand-pass?tpOpen=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxarogN-Z9QIVx4NLBR3JRgqKEAAYAiAAEgJPzvD_BwE

Very interesting: Agents to deal with/ handle current travel issues. Is there one to sort  out all the paperwork for flying from Thailand  to Europe?

9 hours ago, UbonEagle said:

1wk hotel ASQ in Bangkok,

ASQ is no problem because all your PCR is included in the price, and all the ASQ are

confirmed very quickly.

our complains here are only about the PHUKET SANDBOX . the problem is with the PSAS site to pay for 2 PCR tests, and from what i hear now agents will not help with that, they will want

to see the PCR receipts before trying to "help" YOU.

llrd059w.bmp

9 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

great news from the international front: UK cancel the requirement for PCR for all incoming

vaccinated travellers.

guess thailand will follow suit soon because, well...this is what thailand do and did - just

follow the british.

https://www.skyscanner.net/news/travel-briefing?utm_content=article1of1&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=your-world_UK_2022-01-06&utm_term=flighthotel

But is there an Airline requirement  for a PCR test to fly to UK?

Guest Isaanlife
On 1/4/2022 at 10:08 PM, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

TOO late for me because my flight leaves in  2 hours.

thing is that this PASS is connected to many bookings. flight hotel ext.

so i cannot change them according to their craze. that is why THE WORST thing they

can do is GIVE NO ANSWER AT ALL. that is because they just waste people;s time until

their flight is coming. they know when the date of my flight. why can't they say something

even a say or two before the flight date? they just do not care.

The worst thing that can happen is positive covid test in Bangkok, rushed off to quarantine and your wallet 50,000 thb lighter.

34 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

ASQ is no problem because all your PCR is included in the price, and all the ASQ are

confirmed very quickly.

our complains here are only about the PHUKET SANDBOX . the problem is with the PSAS site to pay for 2 PCR tests, and from what i hear now agents will not help with that, they will want

to see the PCR receipts before trying to "help" YOU.

llrd059w.bmpUnavailable

Scott...    Please be clear. 

Have you attempted to make any payment on the PSAS site at any point since you had problems submitting your Thailand Pass application over two weeks ago ?????

I know you want this thread to be about your anger at the Thailand Pass system and how they did not communicate to inform you your Thailand Pass was not going to be approved because it was incomplete, however......  It would be useful for some to know if those difficulties you encountered with payment have continued.... i.e. have you tried in the past few days and continue to face payment issues with the PSAS site ?

The reason I ask - the PSAS payment issue was documented at the time, it was temporary and has since been resolved (as of 12 days ago) - thus have you tried to make a payment on the PSAS site since then. 

I know you want to help and warn people - but we (all) should be warning people and advising people to the best of our knowledge with the most accurate and up to date of information. 

30 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:
34 minutes ago, Isaanlife said:

The worst thing that can happen is positive covid test in Bangkok, rushed off to quarantine and your wallet 50,000 thb lighter.

not really, if he paid for one week ASQ, than he can stay in the hotel and hopefully recover within few days...i think

Agreed.... Additionally, the insurance requirement is to cover this very scenario.

And don't rely on 'agent'.

I had a chat with such agent today on their facebook aq.in.th and asked to provide their PASS service and handle PCR tests payment on my behalf.

They refused to do it. They need ALL documents in good standing to start PASS process.

The PSAS payment system accepts only credit card with 3D-Secure feature and my US cards do not have it yet.

Well, lesson learned. Stay home during pandemic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:
4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Additionally, the insurance requirement is to cover this very scenario.

are you sure about it? is this a new requirement? i never heard about it

You’ve not heard about the current insurance requirement for travel to Thailand ???

I hope proof of insurance was not also missing from your Thailand Pass application, Scott !! ???

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Scott...    Please be clear. 

Have you attempted to make any payment on the PSAS site at any point since you had problems submitting your Thailand Pass application over two weeks ago ?????

I know you want this thread to be about your anger at the Thailand Pass system and how they did not communicate to inform you your Thailand Pass was not going to be approved because it was incomplete, however......  It would be useful for some to know if those difficulties you encountered with payment have continued.... i.e. have you tried in the past few days and continue to face payment issues with the PSAS site ?

The reason I ask - the PSAS payment issue was documented at the time, it was temporary and has since been resolved (as of 12 days ago) - thus have you tried to make a payment on the PSAS site since then. 

I know you want to help and warn people - but we (all) should be warning people and advising people to the best of our knowledge with the most accurate and up to date of information. 

i did not try again after my failed attempts. i asked the hotel i booked to try it for me and they aggreed, but it did not work also from them from THAILAND !!

i saw few comments here of people who tried AND FAILED to do the payment on the

PSAS site, one of them is from today. i sent screenshots of those compaints to the support

of the PSAS site, and clarified to them that the problem still exist.

hereby some of those posts:

mfcb1niy.bmp 8twzp097.bmp 2rwljw9i.bmp

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

You’ve not heard about the current insurance requirement for travel to Thailand ???

I hope proof of insurance was not also missing from your Thailand Pass application, Scott !! ???

as i told you, i got APPROVED ONCE, so it means that my insurance was ok.

but now this poster says there is  a new requirement, that the insurance will cover assymptomatic quarantine, that is new to me, and i do not want to wait again until my flight is lost to hear about this or any other new requirment