World famous Khaosan Road closed temporarily after Covid cases found

webfact

5 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I wonder when they'll twig what's going on in Pattaya. Roughly 10% of the cases reported nationally today were actually in Pattaya, a city with about 0.5% of Thailand's total population, so an infection rate of twenty times the national average. And those are just the ones they tested and caught, from what I hear Khun Omicron is rapidly doing the rounds in the bars (which are all closed, of course, just as Loong Prayut has ordered, lol). 

If going by density, then that makes sense.

;;l.png

8 minutes ago, wombat said:

covid virus mask copy.jpg

The omicron variant is proving to evade 2 shots and 3 shots, because if you watch the latest report from a study in Scotland , that double dosed will catch Omicron and triple dosed have only minor protection.

Those infected with Omicron are only sick for 3/5 days and develop immunity to Delta and Omicron, so I can not say the figures as I am not qualified but Dr Mobeen Sayed has put the study up today and all the links to this study are posted in his presentation.

2 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

So you are OK with the fact that the 'Thais' have closed down a whole sector of its economy, millions are out of work - with zero financial support and little hope on the horizon.

Enjoy your ivory tower.

PS I am less concerned about other parts of the world. I am very concerned about the people in Thailand who are desperate for food.

I doubt you are genuinely concerned  with anything other  than Thai bashing. I reiterate that all round the world countries have made  mistakes. Perhaps you are not concerned  with other countries because you don't wish to compare and contrast medical authorities which demonstrate that in terms of infection rates, death rates, medical support etc Thailand  has done very well. It has been more successful  than many wealthy western countries. It has done  very well compared  to other poorer countries. Do I wish things were better  here? Yes of course I do. You you only concentrate on the negative with no regard  to the positive  efforts  made here. A disinterest in the wider  world stage gives people a very blinkered view, a selective view of Thailand's covid measures allowing  critical  posturing and the usual one sided Thai bashing

• Like 1

so how does this work,, you pay to be tested before flying to thailand, you then pay to stay in an expensive quaranteen  hotel for testing, you are released  covid free and then after paying out all that money .. you get corona, and i am guessing then have to pay again to stay in a quaranteen hotel ..  

Why close it? Don’t close  or restrict anything.  Especially the bar areas . It can be the start of the “herd immunity” some people talk about.  You might get Covid.  But at least you will have a chance to get those cheap drinks.  And maybe a bargirl talking to you acting like she really likes you.  

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

I wonder when they'll twig what's going on in Pattaya. Roughly 10% of the cases reported nationally today were actually in Pattaya, a city with about 0.5% of Thailand's total population, so an infection rate of twenty times the national average. And those are just the ones they tested and caught, from what I hear Khun Omicron is rapidly doing the rounds in the bars (which are all closed, of course, just as Loong Prayut has ordered, lol). 

Bars closed?

14 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

Why close it? Don’t close  or restrict anything.  Especially the bar areas . It can be the start of the “herd immunity” some people talk about.  You might get Covid.  But at least you will have a chance to get those cheap drinks.  And maybe a bargirl talking to you acting like she really likes you.  

Bar girls in the KSR lol

5 hours ago, 2long said:

Well, so much for the 'vaccine proof or ATK' or you don't get in!

I know, I know.... 'vaccination doesn't stop you getting it'.. then why implement this silly protocol if it doesn't stop what they're trying to stop!?

If you are looking for logic in Thailand then madness lays ahead for you.

• Haha 2

This virus is no one's fault.  It is just a molecular bundle that has out-smarted civilization.  It is time for the governments let people live and make their own decisions about COVID.  Get vaccinated, stay at home or take a chance and live normally.  Whatever lockdown imposed will have little impact on the eventual outcome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

The blame game and the scapegoats are all in place.

Prayut will say 'I told you to behave and take care but you ignored me and went drinking! It is your fault khun public.'

Shutdown V3 on the way

So right on!

He's started that blame game in a speech this evening from his subsidized military mansion.

10 hours ago, NicholasTH said:

Many ways to get in not just the main top ends of the streets.. 

Honestly don't think many people were actually going.

The two times I've been dragged down there lately it was pretty slow.

Pretty drastic to close an entire street.

Just now, MrJ2U said:

Honestly don't think many people were actually going.

The two times I've been dragged down there lately it was pretty slow.

Pretty drastic to close an entire street.

Just looking at a livestream now it’s completely dead..  it’s like a ghost town the whole of Bangkok feels like that.?

2 minutes ago, NicholasTH said:

Just looking at a livestream now it’s completely dead..  it’s like a ghost town the whole of Bangkok feels like that.?

Going to Bangkok next week for a booster.

I think it's going to get worse if whats happening in the rest of the world is a gauge.

Hopefully the Hilton's prices may drop.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Going to Bangkok next week for a booster.

I think it's going to get worse if whats happening in the rest of the world is a gauge.

Hopefully the Hilton's prices may drop.

I would stay on the outskirts of Bangkok and travel in via taxi ..

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, NicholasTH said:

I would stay on the outskirts of Bangkok and travel in via taxi ..

I've got a load of Hilton points to use.

We'll play it safe and order room service.

It's only a 20 minutes drive to the hospital from the Millennium.

Its also a nice break for my wife and I.

Stay safe!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

I've got a load of Hilton points to use.

We'll play it safe and order room service.

It's only a 20 minutes drive to the hospital from the Millennium.

Its also a nice break for my wife and I.

Stay safe!

You too pal look after yourself ..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, wombat said:

covid virus mask copy.jpg

"it protects you from having severe symptoms"

?

What about all those vaccinated that the media has been telling us are in hospital? Are they putting people without severe symptoms in hospital now? 15% is not an insignificant number.

IMO the vaccinate vaccinate vaccinate mantra is looking rather threadbare now.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/characteristics-of-vaccinated-patients-hospitalized-with-covid-19-breakthrough-infections/

While people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 have a significantly reduced risk of severe illness, some hospitalizations and deaths have been reported among fully vaccinated people with breakthrough COVID-19 infections.

I was there on NYE, just to walk through and see what it was like now, after my last visit years ago.  Arrived at 8pm and there was a long line to enter (no distancing of course, nobody ever distances in lines anywhere in Thailand or my home country).  Had to show a scan of my vaccination certificate and a scan of my ID to enter, but I don't remember them looking at the photo on my ID, or my face.  The road was reasonably busy but not as much as I remember from normal times.  All the restaurants had turned into clubs blaring music, and touts with masks under their chins showing drink menus.  Nobody inside an establishment was wearing a mask, and many of the places were already crowded (packed, really) at 8pm.  Ratio was about 70:30 Thai:farang.  Most of the foreigners were just sightseers like me, walking down the main road as couples or groups.  There were a lot of younger tourists too in the restaurant-clubs but definitely outnumbered by Thai.  I'd guess that the 10 positives were just a drop in the bucket.

IMG_0492.jpg

• Like 1

The mass slaughter of the golden goose continues. They just do not know any better, one would presume. However, the thought that this is deliberate and well thought out sabotage does come to mind. Little else makes sense anymore. Covid does not live on the pavement, nor does it survive long on a surface. So, why close down an entire area? Where is the science? Madmen, engaging in highly ignorant destruction. 

Edited by spidermike007

17 hours ago, KhunLA said:

If going by density, then that makes sense.

;;l.png

I suspect your quite right, many people in  SA were told not to bother testing just stay home for 5 days and then wear a mask for 3.

It seems to be emerging in Data WW now that many get Omicron and do not know they have it, so your right the actual numbers could be very high but there seems to be mild flue like illness