Stricter Disease Controls Expected on Omicron Outbreaks

snoop1130

01.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 5 (TNA) – The operations committee of the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration discussed the situation of spreading Omicron infections and was likely to propose the indefinite suspension of the Test & Go entry scheme, stricter disease controls and travel restriction.

Gen Supot Malaniyom, secretary-general of the National Security Council and director of the CCSA’s operations committee, chaired the first meeting of the panel this year. The meeting was expected to discuss the increase in Omicron cases over the past week.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-855764

tnalogo.jpg
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bang saen guy said:

What a joke. What about closing the 1200 km border with Myanmar? More cross there every day than the airport.

People aren't crossing at a border, they cross iligealy,impossible to stop them all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daithi85 said:

People aren't crossing at a border, they cross iligealy,impossible to stop them all. 

Definitely at a border. How else would they cross? Illegally, I agree, but they do. If they can not be stopped, why make it difficult for legit tourists?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, bang saen guy said:

Definitely at a border. How else would they cross? Illegally, I agree, but they do. If they can not be stopped, why make it difficult for legit tourists?

How else would they cross? Pretty easily I'd say. You see on the new's every day that their crossing tru the rivers, and coming tru the jungle. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

"likely to propose the indefinite suspension of the Test & Go entry scheme, stricter disease controls and travel restriction."

Be ready for borders closed, all flights cancelled, restaurants closed, lockdowns and alcohol sales bans.

I wonder how long they can keep doing this?

Until they are re-elected, probably. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Letseng said:

A 70% vax rate isn't enough.

Apart from this, get the tourists to wear masks like everybody else does. 

I'm not there but when I was most people seemed to wear masks inside but in the market I was often one amongst just a few. The rest were wearing them under their chin on hanging from one ear. Where my wife works many had to be told to wear them and even then people 'higher up' were hanging them on one ear. One decided to wear a hard hat instead. No I've no idea what the thinking was behind that either. Sometimes you just have to accept 'you just don't understand'.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NicholasTH said:

Here in the UK basically they said let it run it’s course and the airlines are tired of the restrictions now..

Yep, they have to let it run it's course with some restrictions.  Unless you want the unvaccinated dying in the streets that is.  (some anyways)

We are taking a somewhat similar course here - minimal restrictions, stay at home if you're sick, etc.  WE will be herd immunity from this or pretty close in a month or less.  IT's a fire that blew up.  It will not be stopped.

You ain't seen nothing yet!

1 minute ago, Blumpie said:

Yep, they have to let it run it's course with some restrictions.  Unless you want the unvaccinated dying in the streets that is.  (some anyways)

We are taking a somewhat similar course here - minimal restrictions, stay at home if you're sick, etc.  WE will be herd immunity from this or pretty close in a month or less.  IT's a fire that blew up.  It will not be stopped.

You ain't seen nothing yet!

I know I was studying infectious diseases people need to wait it out now it’s the only choice for this now..