Pattaya hotels to open as isolation facilities for COVID-19 patients

snoop1130

Thai-PBS-World-logo-30.png

The administration of Bang Lamung district in Thailand’s Chon Buri province, which includes Pattaya, is making preparations to convert hotels into “hospitels” with a capacity to accommodate 2,500 COVID-19 patients initially, if daily infections continue to rise steadily.

Chon Buri province may also be declared a COVID-19 “red zone” again, as the province saw 769 new COVID-19 infections in the past 24 hours. The daily infection rate has overtaken Bangkok’s top spot since Sunday.

Cumulative infections in the province, since last April, have soared to 115,902, with more than 4,000 people still being treated in hospitals. The death toll is 794, according to the provincial health office.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pattaya-hotels-to-open-as-isolation-facilities-for-covid-19-patients/

Logo-top-.png

33 minutes ago, ukrules said:

The official regulations will be ignored when the country is overwhelmed with cases.

I'm sure they will still be locking up foreigners but for the vast majority of the population nothing will happen - it will be ignored and allowed to play out.

Remember, they said it's 'under control' - believe those words because they are the truth, nothing is happening that's not allowed to happen, perhaps not officially according to the law but it's allowed all the same.

They can't open the floodgates and deliberately welcome Omicron with open arms, but they sure could have kept it out for months by cancelling the arrival of all the 'test and go' tourists which they chose not to do. There's a reason for that.

As covid cases diminish so do the rules  and regulations in Thailand  and elsewhere. The opposite  hold true. Interestingly. The OP talks  about rules and regulations  but the article  was not about new rules but simple the  enlarged availability of medical  facilities due to crowded hospitals  I live near such a quarantine  hospital. There were nine others. They were exclusively  for Thais not paranoid farang. Some people might think your comment to be a  long winded rant, littered with contradictions, innacuracies and suppositions  ranging over a wide range of subjects not related to the article  and serving no real purpose.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gsxrnz said:

In the same way you can't be called a "guest" at a hospital, you can't be a "patient" at a hotel.

However you can now be called an internee at both establishments...

Not with any degree of accuracy  given what real internment camps are. It's a very good  idea for the authorities  to prepare  sanctuaries with medical  support staff available  to take care of people. They are not places of internment at all. To suggest so is delusional and offensive.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

How do you get out of one of these hotels? Mandatory 14 days or what ?  Geting serious when you are swept up on the street by authorities and held against your will for who knows how long. Scary days, especially if it is to control Omicron.

• Like 1

If they had cancelled Countdown like Bangkok then Bangkok bar flies wouldn't have flocked into Pattaya bringing a spike much higher than Bangkok. Own goal I think. Can't fix stupid! (Did look like Pattaya expats also took advantage of such lassitude and pub crawls were the name of the game. Chickens coming home to roost- sorry for the bird flu parody) 

I spent 2 weeks in one of these covid “hospitels” back in July after testing positive for covid during ASQ. They moved me from ASQ and transferred me by ambulance to the “hospitel” which was the  Citrus Grand Hotel in south Pattaya. My insurance covered it. I was sick for a week and recovered but they made everyone stay 2 weeks. I was the only foreigner in there. All the other patients were Thai. Its not a very comfortable place to be in and it makes having covid worse and more stressful than it needs to be. Every meal was terrible and cold, a few times I could not identify what the meat even was, you’re only allowed to drink water. Nobody spoke english except the doctor who I never actually saw, only spoke to him on the phone. No special amenities, deliveries or anything like that. They let me out of the room a few times to get chest x rays on site and have blood drawn. Overall a very bad experience that I’ll likely never forget.

• Like 2