Thai hotel threatens customer with ฿3m lawsuit over bad review

webfact

47 minutes ago, Stargeezr said:

I stayed in a place in Khao Yai and had a great weekend. It was individual cabins, and was

quiet and a good clean place to stay. My Thai relatives had booked it and my wife paid for our cabin

which was a great price.  We ate at a hotel in the area that had a fancy restaurant, and the food was delicious as well,

it looked like the rooms would be expensive, but I cannot remember the name.

Great scenery in that area. well worth the drive out of Bangkok for the weekend.

pretty irrelevant 

A post with a link to the Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEANNOW.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

On 1/7/2022 at 6:21 PM, LennyW said:

Whats the point of having a review facility on booking platforms if you are not allowed to point out the failings, the hotels should learn from it and improve?

Not allowed to report, from where on earth did they learn this from??????????????!??????

The tourism promotion clowns will just love it and non-Thai tour operators are to follow. 

Next to sue will be Agoda, Booking.com and any other hotel booking site where customers are encouraged to leave a review after not only having booked/paid the room but also used the room.

Good luck to Thailand - the failed state which destructed and destroyed itself by its gifted leadership! 

The hotel Facebook site is being carpet bombed with Angry and Sad emojis and sarcastic comments ????

But I don't think we have the full story.  There were already several 1 star, critical reviews on Google, but no reaction from the hotel.  Then we get this crazy OTT reaction to an average review.

On 1/7/2022 at 12:36 PM, rbkk said:

The last time it was Agoda and the hotel in Koh Chang ( Farang manager!). The news was internationally reported at the time. The name and location of the hotel was soon uncovered. Just waiting for the same to happen here so we all know where to avoid. Any more clues anyone?

Update: This story is also now international and is today on the front pages of msn.com and the dailymail online. As I'm based in Thailand I have to choose not to post a link due to local laws. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 1/7/2022 at 4:41 PM, ourmanflint said:

This is quite apt for me and the mrs, we checked into a hotel booked through agoda yesterday in chiang mai, but checked out after an hour as hotel was nothing like the one promised in photos, in fact it was a dump, no food at all, no restaurant only ay to get food was by grab and this was rated as 4* on Agoda

I was furious as we paid for 4 nights, but they had a no refund policy, so only thing left is to leave a stinking review. 

Will wait until I’m out of the country though! ????????????

Complain to Agoda not the hotel.

On 1/7/2022 at 1:00 PM, Denim said:

I just want to state for the record , Prayuth is a great guy and military coups are awesome and perfectly acceptable.

I would second that, but it might cost me.

On 1/7/2022 at 12:21 PM, LennyW said:

Whats the point of having a review facility on booking platforms if you are not allowed to point out the failings, the hotels should learn from it and improve?

Indeed.  The websites should remove the facility for any places in Thailand.  People can then factor that into when they decide where to stay.