Security chief at Bangkok condo hired after raping a minor in 2013

webfact

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

It appears that the head of security at a condominium in Thonburi's Petchkasem jurisdiction who raped a resident had already raped a youth nine years ago.

The Royal Thai Police want to know how Montree Yaikrathoke managed to get a job not just as a security guard responsible for protecting people but as the head of a team.

Montree was arrested on Thursday afternoon after a massive manhunt.

Earlier in the week he went to a woman's room late at night, handcuffed and raped her then fled. 

Now it has emerged that he did the same in 2013, reported Thai Rath.

Police spokesman Maj-Gen Yingyot Thepjamnong said that RTP chief Gen Suwat Chaengyodsuk has ordered an investigation.

They want to know if any background checks were done by the company that hired Montree. 

And if so were police departments involved in covering up his past.

The Criminal Division North, Police Forensics Service Center and the Metropolitan Police are all coming under scrutiny for possible illegality in connection with the case. 

Health insurance plans that meet the long stay visa requirements

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-01-08

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The Royal Thai Police want to know how Montree Yaikrathoke managed to get a job not just as a security guard responsible for protecting people but as the head of a team.

No background test would be my guess.

Safe trusted Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Because his application for the RTP was rejected?

• Haha 1

How do Thai felons manage to get visas to enter UK, Australia and New Zealand?

How do foreign criminals manage to remain in Thailand for extended periods despite warrants and Interpol red notices out for their arrest?

How do rich Thai criminals that flee abroad manage to live and return after the statute of limitation on their crimes expires?

Answers on a postcard please.

On 1/8/2022 at 2:01 PM, giddyup said:

You can still get a job in parliament even though you've been convicted for drug smuggling, so what checks were done there? If you're rich and powerful enough all prior convictions are ignored.

The Thai politician you're referring to didn't have a police record in Thailand which is where background checks on a Thai would, obviously, be made so there was nothing to be ignored!   

If the Thai guard in the OP had convictions only in Australia his background check would come up clear also! 

23 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The Thai politician you're referring to didn't have a police record in Thailand which is where background checks on a Thai would, obviously, be made so there was nothing to be ignored!   

If the Thai guard in the OP had convictions only in Australia his background check would come up clear also! 

I imagine it was pretty much public knowledge that he had a drug conviction in Australia, and I would think members of parliament would be scrutinised for convictions other than just for Thailand. Even after it was made public re his Australian conviction nothing was done. Can you imagine that happening in the UK, US or Australia?

11 hours ago, giddyup said:
12 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

I imagine it was pretty much public knowledge that he had a drug conviction in Australia, and I would think members of parliament would be scrutinised for convictions other than just for Thailand. Even after it was made public re his Australian conviction nothing was done. Can you imagine that happening in the UK, US or Australia?

"I would think members of parliament would be scrutinised for convictions other than just for Thailand".

I would think not, how could they?   Background checks always relate to the subject's own country.  How can one country poke around in the data held in other countries, do you think that they're going to be requesting (personal, confidential) criminal record checks from every one of the worlds 195 countries?

"Even after it was made public re his Australian conviction nothing was done..."

Nothing was done because he has no criminal record in Thailand.  That's the law.

"The [Constitutional] court said it did not recognise Mr Thammanat's conviction because the verdict was delivered in Australia, a foreign country. "The verdict of any state only has effect in that state," the court said. Therefore, Mr Thammanat "is not prohibited from holding office" under Thailand's constitution, the court said".   https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-57001674

Edited by Liverpool Lou

7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"I would think members of parliament would be scrutinised for convictions other than just for Thailand".

I would think not, how could they?   Background checks always relate to the subject's own country.  How can one country poke around in the data held in other countries, do you think that they're going to be requesting (personal, confidential) criminal record checks from every one of the worlds 195 countries?

"Even after it was made public re his Australian conviction nothing was done..."

Nothing was done because he has no criminal record in Thailand.  That's the law.

"The [Constitutional] court said it did not recognise Mr Thammanat's conviction because the verdict was delivered in Australia, a foreign country. "The verdict of any state only has effect in that state," the court said. Therefore, Mr Thammanat "is not prohibited from holding office" under Thailand's constitution, the court said".   https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-57001674

I stand corrected.