What does new Level 4 alert mean for Thailand?

webfact

Thailand-COVID-alert-level_web.png

Rapid antigen testing in January 2022, being conducted by “Zendai” volunteers in Bangkok’s Din Daeng community.

The fifth wave of COVID-19 pushed Thailand’s alert level to 4 in the first week of 2022 as the ultra-transmissible Omicron variant spread nationwide. People across the country are raising their guard to prevent overloading the healthcare system, which would come with lethal consequences.

On January 7, the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) added another 30 provinces to the Orange zone of control, increasing the number to 69 from Jan 9.

What are the restrictions?

Alert Level 4 allows stricter restrictions including a ban on restaurant dining and large gatherings, but the CCSA has so far only closed entertainment venues such as bars, pubs and karaoke joints.

Full story:  https://www.thaipbsworld.com/what-does-new-level-4-alert-mean-for-thailand/

Logo-top-.png

16 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Business as usual in most places I've been.  I think the Thais are  (world is) fed up of this sh*t and have mostly had enough.

I wish our politicians would think like you and truly represent us rather than playing god. 

• Like 1

Best opt for herd immunity with omicron especially with vacs at high levels, couldnt do it with delta because of severity.

Its spreading like wildfire full lockdown or restrictions will barely slow it, has to come to everyone to burn itself out.

Test and go did little to spread rep 2% of cases all vaccinated, borders of mymar would have brought most of the spread its in the community so 10,000x next week with fewer fatalities.

• Like 1

I live in Buriram province and although people often cast aspersions of the competency of the government agencies who govern Buriram and other Isaan regions, the response to the covid-19 problem has been flawless. I don't know anyone where I live who has had covid-19 in my village (and I know a LOT of people) apart from a couple of my mates who contracted it outside of Thailand.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Well, I'm only saying this because the Omicron variant seems to be milder.  It actually seems like at this stage it's a good idea to let it in, allow it to displace Delta and let people build up natural immunity. 

Many countries have already moved towards this stance.

Yep, exactly. The Thai junta requiring "cases" to maintain their ridiculous "state of emergency", and keep on robbing everyone.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Business as usual in most places I've been.  I think the Thais are fed up of this sh*t and have mostly had enough.

It's time to vaccinate/booster and be careful, but pretty much let it happen.

If the government didn't need "zero foreigner covid" for some reason, not much needed to change at all.

Very good observation. You should get the Health Minister's job... ????

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Business as usual in most places I've been.  I think the Thais are fed up of this sh*t and have mostly had enough.

yep ... almost feel sorry for folks that live somewhere where the silliness is enforced ... almost.

21 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Nothing. Very few infections where I live.

That's what we are told by official figures in our area but on a trip to our local hospital last week the  nurses told my wife the numbers are BS and infections are much higher than those given out.