ICE vs EV, the debate thread

KhunLA

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

image.png.57dd4113b5d574a41105b88f29841cbb.png

image.png.afe66ece5b13e6995fa711bce21974c6.png

image.png.24b586b6bee26c1a938a223850a14a48.png

image.png.04dd022e644a3b20ae9b457029a95946.png

"The Chinese automotive assault on Fortress Europe has shifted to the next level with MG’s category win in the German Car of the Year (GCOTY) awards."

image.png.52f8603d63d24f2b72c593823d6d258b.png

Not British then...............🤣

But I am happy you found "something" to make you feel better...🤗

Edited by transam
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

Oil fed idiots cannot see that though. 

I bet you are one of those who sits in the middle of the road in an orange T-shirt, made from oil......😂

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, In the jungle said:

The Chinese will solve this cashflow problem with what they are best at, cost cutting. Quality will follow down, all the way to the gutter. 

Interesting that the click-loving ginger EV uberlord has discovered that he can get more likes by being critical of EVs.

The world 🌎 is fed up with the green propaganda and every nutter on the Internet is jumping on the opportunity. 

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

Oil fed idiots cannot see that though. 

You being one for decades, I assume, till a Chinese bloke found a way to earn a few quid and make you an EV Messiah........:wai:

48 minutes ago, transam said:

Not British then...............🤣

But I am happy you found "something" to make you feel better...🤗

Thankfully ... if it was, I wouldn't even consider it ... :coffee1:

CH.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Thankfully ... if it was, I wouldn't even consider it ... :coffee1:

CH.png

Well, yeh, if that's your political persuasion, coool, and way better than nicking another counties flag, eh...:intheclub:

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Well, yeh, if that's your political persuasion, coool, and way better than nicking another counties flag, eh...:intheclub:

None with me, just happen to have a USA PP.   When shopping, peek at name brands products from TH & CH first, and buy from the manufacturers of.  

Better research = better shopping satisfaction :coffee1:

MG (SAIC)

DECO

Sony

Electrolux

Deye

SunTech

Xiaomi

Mitsubishi 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

On 5/26/2024 at 5:19 PM, transam said:

I bet you are one of those who sits in the middle of the road in an orange T-shirt, made from oil......😂

Oil that was not turned into CO2 and other noxious gases.

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Oil that was not turned into CO2 and other noxious gases.

When they get burned, they do.........But your chums are wearing stuff made from oil that they want stopped.....

I suppose you could all go back to nature and dance around a Maypole....😱...😂

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

What chums are these? Just more ridiculous caricatures from you.

The goal now is to stop using it as a fuel and contributing to global warming. It would be a nice thing if bioscience can come up with a feasible way to replace drilling for the stuff as well. And to replace plastics of which the microparticles are now found in human tissue and even in blood clots. But the technology to achieve those goals isn't there yet.

Blood clots...................🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Would have been informative if they had said what caused the fire. Sabotage? It wouldn’t surprise me, considering how many loonies are out there. My first suspects would be auto mechanics, as their skill set is becoming obsolete :cheesy:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Would have been informative if they had said what caused the fire. Sabotage? It wouldn’t surprise me, considering how many loonies are out there. My first suspects would be auto mechanics, as their skill set is becoming obsolete :cheesy:

It was still burning yesterday, so it will be a while before they know for certain. As I understand it, assuming they have not been mechanically or electrically damaged, they typically just overhead and start gassing off. 

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

It was still burning yesterday, so it will be a while before they know for certain. As I understand it, assuming they have not been mechanically or electrically damaged, they typically just overhead and start gassing off. 

Strange. I’ve owned lots of lithium ion batteries for years, mostly for my power tools but also mobile phones, battery packs and various other rechargeable appliances.

I’m yet to have one gas off at me.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Consumers are being urged to check their solar energy storage systems for unsafe LG solar batteries, after the Assistant Treasurer today issued a proposed recall notice for specified LG solar storage batteries, which can overheat and catch fire without warning.

Across Australia, 13 incidents of property damage have been linked to the affected batteries, including a house in Victoria that was destroyed.

https://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/proposed-compulsory-recall-of-dangerous-lg-solar-storage-batteries

10,000 LG Chem lithium batteries recalled over fire hazard

https://www.batteriesinternational.com/2021/08/12/10000-lg-chem-lithium-batteries-recalled-over-fire-hazard/

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gweiloman said:

Strange. I’ve owned lots of lithium ion batteries for years, mostly for my power tools but also mobile phones, battery packs and various other rechargeable appliances.

Most folk have the same experience, but it does happen......🤗

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

How do you know? 

1 minute ago, HighPriority said:

Thank you for posting this for the attention of LG battery owners, should we also post every ice recall as well…?

Why not........:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

Thank you for posting this for the attention of LG battery owners, should we also post every ice recall as well…?

Both links were related to residential storage system batteries not EV's 

GM battery partner LG Chem forced to recall another 15,000 batteries

GM settles with LG for $1.9 billion BOLT recall + foots $100 million bill

2nd owners don't always get recall information so it would be most welcome if your willing to put time and effort into publishing a list of all recalls both EV's and ICE

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, transam said:

Blood clots...................🤣

Yes blood clots.

Microplastics Found in Blood Clots in Heart, Brain, And Legs

Earlier this year, we got news from a landmark study that microplastics – tiny shards of plastic shed from larger chunks – had been found inside more than 50 percent of fatty deposits from clogged arteries. It was the first data of its kind to draw a link between microplastics and their impact on human health.

Now, a new study from researchers in China reports finding microplastics in blood clots surgically removed from arteries in the heart and brain, and deep veins in the lower legs.

https://www.sciencealert.com/microplastics-found-in-blood-clots-in-heart-brain-and-legs

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, transam said:

Most folk have the same experience, but it does happen......🤗

Yes, one in several tens of million chance events can happen.

Do you own a mobile phone?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Yes, one in several tens of million chance events can happen.

Do you own a mobile phone?

So yes, it can happen, the many videos of Lithium battery explosions on an array of things is a fact.

Yes, I have a mobile phone.........😉

• Haha 1