Over a hundred customers reportedly flee during late night Pattaya police raid on alleged entertainment venue posing as an “art gallery” in Jomtien

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The raid took place at 1030 PM last night, January 13th, 2022,

This was well after the mandatory 9PM closing time.

I've literally had longer poos than that overstep. Going to be a realife Thai version of Broadwalk Empire and a Thai Knucky Thompson soon 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goatfarmer said:

Is there an idiot trophy we can select? If the writer thinks that police enforcing the law is a police state then every country where there are police would be a police state. The Lives of Others would educate him.

Nice movie, and closer to the real meaning of police state.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Midwit said:

If they are jabbed and boosted can you please tell me when a more appropriate time is?  We have been doing the same thing for 2 years now. At some point you need to shut up, man up and live your life. If you think everyone should stay at home afraid of the sniffles I say go pound sand. 

If you are jabbed and boosted, do all the things you desire mate but don't patronized knowingly club that broke the law and endangered yourself surrounded by intoxicated people who are not following covid rules. Really a small and smart sacrifice to make. I am jabbed waiting for booster end month and there have been no change in my day's routine. I end my day with a drink at home. Sure not pounding sand as you hyperbole. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

If you are jabbed and boosted, do all the things you desire mate but don't patronized knowingly club that broke the law and endangered yourself surrounded by intoxicated people who are not following covid rules. Really a small and smart sacrifice to make. I am jabbed waiting for booster end month and there have been no change in my day's routine. I end my day with a drink at home. Sure not pounding sand as you hyperbole. 

Be careful it seems that this does not prevent you getting Omikron. I know quite a few people here fully vaccianated and with a booster shot who got Omikrin and did test positive. The good news is that Omikron seems to be mild.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Cats and mice, catch me if you can games... CAN IT BE more ridiculous than this i wonder? has the police nothing better to do? no pride?... guess not...

the people are the ones doing the damage breaking the rules  . have u no pride 

The issue with many of these regulations and rules is that they do not really make sense. As some other replies did suggest the Virus can read the clock and only comes out after 9 PM if you drinking. Then it also can distinguish, if you walk to the table or sit and would not attack you sitting.

Since this really is not logic, people do start disobeying the rules put into place.

Please do me a favor and do not call this laws this would be diminishing the laws which are in place where really many of them make sense. 

Then furthermore as suggested also earlier there are areas which are packed, nothing is enforced and this is happening not even hidden but some establishments are singled-out and punished - we could speculate about the reasons.

So either these new regulations apply everywhere or they should not apply at all.

I don't think it fundamentally wrong to enforce COVID rules.

There has been little or no outcry when it has happened in the UK. 

Examples such as this have been many:

Covid: North Devon pub fined £4000 for multiple breaches

Eight fined after police called to fight at lockdown birthday party

But in the UK considerably more effort has been given over to compensating business losses suffered as a result of restrictions, with something approaching a comprehensive, all encompassing plan to deal with the financial difficulties endured by employees and employers.

In Thailand everything from generally random business shutdowns to severe financial hardship among the lowest paid appears as just one unholy mess.

But that's Thailand.........innit?

We can sit back, laugh if we choose, and "surf it out".

But the Thai people can't.

The silver lining might be the forceful confirmation, for the Thai people, of the venal incompetence of their overlords.

"There is no civil solution".

Edited by Enoon

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

Walk past this place often. Daytime always quiet and closed. Gonna have to start going later! ????

Looking at their Facebook page it seems they are big on Techno/Electro dance music, have fun.

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Perhaps you can explain to us why drinking is safe at 9pm but not safe at 10.30. I can't think if any other country where such a ridiculous rule exists. Can you? Anywhere else, where places are allowed to open, which is almost everywhere, they are also allowed to operate normal hours, not close at some time picked out of the air.

Here in the UK they tried the closing early deal.. Total disaster. All the pubs and bars emptied onto the street at exactly the same time causing huge crowds huddled together. 

It didn't last long. 

2 hours ago, WorldTravellerMUC said:

Be careful it seems that this does not prevent you getting Omikron. I know quite a few people here fully vaccianated and with a booster shot who got Omikrin and did test positive. The good news is that Omikron seems to be mild.

It's never been stated that the vaccines will definitely prevent you from getting Covid however they do drastically reduce the chance of serious illness. At the end of the day zero Covid isn't going to happen and so its inevitable that all of us will get Covid at some stage and if you're young enough you will get it multiple times in your life.

As with other respiratory illnesses eg influenza some years it's mild while other years it can be nasty, it will be the same with Covid. In fact its better that once you are fully jabbed your body then meets a mild variant like Omicron for the first time and not some later more lethal variant.

Edited by Yewbzee
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WorldTravellerMUC said:

The issue with many of these regulations and rules is that they do not really make sense.

It isn't only the Covid rules. Many laws in Thailand are illogical and make no sense, which is why they are largely ignored and not enforced. The problem is, ignoring laws then becomes the norm, including the ones that do make sense and should be enforced. It's like a cancer that works its way through society, so you end up with a kind of anarchy. The majority have no respect for the law, nor its non-enforcers, and that is a dangerous thing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yewbzee said:

and so its inevitable that all of us will get Covid at some stage and if you're young enough you will get it multiple times in your life.

I'm 55 I've never to my knowledge had flu.. So nothing is inevitable apart from we will all die at some. Point. 

2 minutes ago, LA8RAT said:

I'm 55 I've never to my knowledge had flu.. So nothing is inevitable apart from we will all die at some. Point. 

Sorry but I very much doubt that you haven't had flu. It's one of the most successful viruses ever to evolve and can be as mild as a cold and unless you have taken and analysed swabs with every illness you have ever had I can guarantee you have had it.

4 minutes ago, Yewbzee said:

Sorry but I very much doubt that you haven't had flu. It's one of the most successful viruses ever to evolve and can be as mild as a cold and unless you have taken and analysed swabs with every illness you have ever had I can guarantee you have had it.

Sure I get the odd cold,  my understanding of flu and as described by friends and family who have had it is.. Your feeling so bad on the sofa or In bed that if someone said there's £50 outside.. If you get up and go get it it's yours. And the flu victim would not go get it. 

I've never been that sick from anything. Except maybe a really bad asthma attack 

3 hours ago, bbko said:

In the link it says the same place was raided for the exact same thing late last month, I say shut them down before this happens:

What was that place at the South end of Walking St that was raided 6 times? Seriously expect that is still open.

3 hours ago, bbko said:
4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Perhaps you can explain to us why drinking is safe at 9pm but not safe at 10.30. I can't think if any other country where such a ridiculous rule exists. Can you?

I never said drinking is safer before 9, this is about following rules/laws.  Customers & businesses shouldn't do the crime if they can't do the time, and you can take dat to da bank.

You didn't answer my question, so I'll take that as a no ????

• Haha 1