Is it really worth the hassle to travel out of Thailand in the next few months?

webfact

21 minutes ago, xenophon said:

Re re-entry, how much can you put in place before leaving rather than dealing with it from overseas.

For example, if the Thailand Pass is reinstated, were you able to get that before leaving (assuming you knew your arrival date, etc.)?

Got my Thailand Pass before I left on 26th Nov., arriving back from Sydney 30th Dec. Yeah, your return date is written in stone!

Impossible for anyone to predict the future.  It's entire possible a new variant will crop up that changes everything.  They are cropping up all the time, like the new one in France.

If you want to travel now, you just have to accept the risks.  Being stuck somewhere, perhaps in a quarantine hospital, losing money on flights, and not being able to get back in the country.

That's what happened to us when we traveled last summer.  Dodging covid restrictions as we cruised around. Not fun.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

I have given up on the idea of travelling anywhere in, or especially out of, Thailand. Thailand changes the rules every 5 minutes so no it's not worth the risk. The world will still be there in 2023 onwards.

I agree, but sadly most business's within the entertainment industry will not be !

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I bet there will be no more lockdowns and restrictions will be eased. There is discussion of returning test and go which which will probably come back in some form.

There maybe some, or at least a bit of truth, in that. So, I may travel to from Buriram to Bangkok next to see my doctors and consulate. But it will be with the lingering fear of ending up in a Covid jail like some other poor sods. I definitely wont be seen getting my nose poked at the entrance of what's left of Soi  cowboy...

For the return flight I'll take a couple of ATKs before I get an "official" test. I'll forget flying and take a taxi if the worst came to the worst.

• Like 2

The Gov't thought the economy could survive without the 20% contribution of tourism and travel. It may have done for 1 year ... but we are entering the 3rd year now and that equates to massive prolonged systemic shock throughout the economy. As inflation looms, we could be heading for darker global days ...... and a longer recovery time. Travel ... its always been a pain in the back side ... its just 10x that now.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Judo said:

The real question is why should I travel to Thailand? For the last two years I’ve considered going back to Thailand but if I go there for a month or two I might gonna be able to go scuba diving? Am I going to be able to walk around outside without wearing a mask in the hot humid weather? I get that indoors I’d probably have to wear a mask but I’ve heard that even driving in a car with more than one person you have to wear a mask. That’s just ridiculous . And then of course once I’m there comes all the questions that you guys raise. If the government shuts down am I gonna be able to get to where I wanna go or even back home

You make good  points. You are happy  being outside Thailand and live in a country where masks are not required.

6 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

I'll be travelling to Australia in March, situations at that time permitting of course.

I would0 hope in 2 months the covid situation will improve to make travel easier....but who knows....another strain could well emerge in the meantime

We are going too on 1st April, I think it will be no problem then

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gandtee said:

Correct. For people like me at 88 years of age, insurance which is required to return to Thailand is impossible to get. My days of visiting my family around the world are over. It sounds dramatic but we are trapped here unless we are prepared to leave our wives and loved ones for ever. I'm certainly not. 

If they really  want to see us so bad they can come here. Our weather here beats most countries hands down!

Sad realality is that Omicron has not yet been fully established in Thailand so that the majority of the population has immunity to Covid. Until this happens it is really not worth the risks of travelling to Thailand and all entry and local restrictions lifted.