Is it really worth the hassle to travel out of Thailand in the next few months?

webfact

Don't know if I'm wrongly informed or just confused. Saw two comments about not being able to travel because of being "too old" to get the necessary insurance. 

But I remembered seeing the following link on the Thai Consulate, Los Angeles, website, where they refer people to buy the appropriate travel-to-Thailand insurance.

This site says eligibility is up to 99 years. Is this wrong? Is it old news? Or does it turn out there IS a place where "oldsters" can buy the insurance they need, if they wanted?

Glad to have helped, if it does. If not, my apologies for getting it wrong!

-- KG

2 hours ago, sambum said:

"Let us know if you think it's worth it"

That is the question asked at the end of the article we are responding to.

I got half way through your post and the answer was blatantly obvious - NO!

read full post and conclusion is opposite to yours.

It does not cost more to travel now then before covid - I save some 10k on airfare each time.

Had to upgrade health insurance below 10k.

3pcr - some $60 plus 2x2200b in thailand

5 hours ago, Screaming said:

I would say that it is not safe to travel to Thailand during this time. I know many Thai people that have caught the new strain of the virus. My doctor called  me and told me to postpone my visit to him at a Thai hospital because of all the new covid patients coming into the hospital. I also have Thai friends who have been told to stay home from work because their place of employment is infected.

covid death.jpg

as much safe as going to hospital, going to workplace (even more so using public transport).

Plenty people travel internationally, some air planes are full, same as BTS, metro, offices and factory floors

10 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I bet there will be no more lockdowns and restrictions will be eased. There is discussion of returning test and go which which will probably come back in some form.

?? Drinking isn't banned many bars are packed booze flowing just need to close by 9 pm.

Everybody knows that COVID comes out after 9:00PM

9 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

flights are the cheapest i've ever seen at the moment

depends how you search for them..

Why didn't you just tell people how you searched for these "cheap" fares?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I know someone, with over 35 years of (temporary) residence in Thailand, who decided not to travel to the recent funeral of his mother in the UK. 

The uncertainty about being able to return to his Thai family was the reason.

Sadly, I know someone in exactly the same position and ironically, he himself died a few months later with none of us (friends) or family able to travel to Thailand for his funeral. "Zoom" funerals are not good but that was what we had to accept.

• Like 1

Guest Isaanlife
12 hours ago, Gandtee said:

Correct. For people like me at 88 years of age, insurance which is required to return to Thailand is impossible to get. My days of visiting my family around the world are over. It sounds dramatic but we are trapped here unless we are prepared to leave our wives and loved ones for ever. I'm certainly not. 

Sorry to hear that.

Guest Isaanlife
11 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

It's getting easier and easier to travel by the weak, restrictions are now finally starting to be reduced throughout the world.

The end is in sight IMO.

Not true at all.

The US has been cancelling flights by the 1000's a day.

Guest Isaanlife

One issue is if you have a family, the whole family COULD possibly end up in quarantine and that would be pretty damn expensive for 4 or 5 people

Guest Isaanlife
3 hours ago, dutchweller said:

For me and my family.

We are absolutely delighted we are finally leaving Thailand at the end of this month PERMANENTLY!

Where are you moving to?

28 minutes ago, Isaanlife said:

Not true at all.

The US has been cancelling flights by the 1000's a day.

Are you American? If so you can be forgiven for thinking that's the only country on the planet...

And it's totally true, less restrictions, less and easier testing options, more flights, cheaper flights, promotions for holidaying ( in some countries ), should i continue?

You can say what you wish, it's a fact things are getting easier.

• Haha 2