Is it really worth the hassle to travel out of Thailand in the next few months?

webfact

On 1/19/2022 at 7:15 AM, Thaiophil said:

I have not left the LoS for 15 months and will not do so anytime soon.  Sky high airfares, tedious quarantines and a huge hassle if you test positive and can’t travel are major deterrents

Yet 15 months ago, mid-pandemic you did leave? That was pre-vax days. How did you get on last time?

I travelled 2 Europe for 2 weeks. I had the Vaccine Passport but still encountered sole minor inconveniences along the way. Getting the Thailand Pass wasn't difficult, but you need to be prepared with correct documents in jpg and pdf format. Takes about 30 mins. And finally the clear PCR, with results dated within 72 hours of departure.

For a 2 week trip this wasn't too much trouble. For a trip of less than a week, I'm not sure I would want all the hassle.

Then you also have to consider if you have the time and money should you test positive and be whisked away into quarantine once you arrive back in Thailand. If not, definitely don't go.

9 hours ago, sambum said:

"I met over 90 girls during this time."

No comment necessary!

That's why he posted here. He couldn't wait to tell everyone how popular he is LOL. All these girls with no business during covid willing to drop their standards....

18 hours ago, Judo said:

The real question is why should I travel to Thailand? For the last two years I’ve considered going back to Thailand but if I go there for a month or two I might gonna be able to go scuba diving? Am I going to be able to walk around outside without wearing a mask in the hot humid weather? I get that indoors I’d probably have to wear a mask but I’ve heard that even driving in a car with more than one person you have to wear a mask. That’s just ridiculous . And then of course once I’m there comes all the questions that you guys raise. If the government shuts down am I gonna be able to get to where I wanna go or even back home

Indeed. So let's go skiing, in Val Thorens most pistes are between 2200m and 3400m, the mask will do great. But if for the young'uns there will be some good p...y get geezers can for get it, but if they are loaded they can find Russian meat nearby, in Courchevel.

9 hours ago, Sheryl said:

There are no such exclusions for the COVID only policies listed on the tgia site. Which are accepted for entry to Thailand.

Are there any Covid only policies that cover "Contact case, to mild disease" only, for residents. I am asking because in the Thai [con]text these situations can cost a lot, while any bad Covid would be fully refunded by my insurance.

I have a ticket to Singapore. I wish I could have stayed a week. I have all the vaccines and international certificates, but NO I will not go.
I used to have a beer in Phnom Penh, but NO I won't go

the fear is that of being stuck in some quarantine

22 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

There maybe some, or at least a bit of truth, in that. So, I may travel to from Buriram to Bangkok next to see my doctors and consulate. But it will be with the lingering fear of ending up in a Covid jail like some other poor sods. I definitely wont be seen getting my nose poked at the entrance of what's left of Soi  cowboy...

For the return flight I'll take a couple of ATKs before I get an "official" test. I'll forget flying and take a taxi if the worst came to the worst.

Me too .Just done a 7 day quarantine in Bangkok and my initial plan was to fly back to      Buriram but after consideration that I would have to mingle with many people inside of the Don Muang airport and then on a flight for 1 hour with untested passengers ,   I decided that a taxi ride would be safer . So direct from hotel ( door to door ) and no taxi from hotel to the airport nor a taxi from Buriram airport to final destination . Working out the cost and time there was not much in it and the taxi is sanitised . Taxi 4000 baht

On 1/19/2022 at 7:16 AM, tonray said:

I've instructed all family members and close friends not to die during the travel restrictions as it would be a great inconvenience to me to attend their funerals.

If someone has to travel to the UK for a funeral with 3 or 4 days notice, will it be possible?

Could someone please answer this?

On 1/19/2022 at 7:38 AM, sirineou said:

If it was not for the fact that we are getting older and don't know how many ore trips we might have left, we would not go but...

In April we are having a bit of a family reunion with family members coming together for Easter from four different countries. We have not seen each other for over two years ,and enough is enough, non f us is getting any younger, My older brother is 75 , how many more summers together do we have left? 

We plan to stay in in Greece until August , by that time hopefully this covid restrictions in Thailand will be settled, While there we will look into changing our base to Greece, 

As long as this soldier posing as a PM or the other Chuckle Brother (Anutin) is in power, the Cvirus restrictions involving flying into Thailand IMO, will not change much, there will always be the incentive to make more money.

In the event of this pandemic changing to an endemic all over the world, just watch and see what I mean.

21 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I'm planning to visit my family in the UK in July. But I won't be booking anything until the last minute. Too much chance of another variant sending the world into mass hysteria again.

Best to wait and see the situation a few days before the trip and then deciding whether to go or not. I work here so the last thing I need is to get locked out due to some new strain while I'm overseas.

IMHO we are over the worst of it now and things will get easier from here on, but I'm not prepared to put several thousands of pounds on it by booking now and then sweating on it for 6 months.

I agree that waiting until the last minute but we do not know if the same requirements to enter Thailand will still be in place i.e. Thai Pass . Plus of course when the Thai government said it would honour all approved Test & Go applications but within a week or so postponed them by initially stating you must arrive by the 10th of January and then pushed it back to the 15th which messed up a lot of peoples travel plans . Hopefully all these hurdles will be removed soon especially for fully vaccinated folk .

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

to apply for non-O does NOT require any insurance

For new visa issuance abroad, most Embassies are now requiring it.

For in-country extensions of stay and for conversions in-country form visa exempt or TR to non-O, nto required.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, khunpa said:

I have been traveling domestically lately. First Phuket and now in Bangkok, heading back home to Chiang Mai next week. Will keep traveling internally in Thailand as long as it is easy and possible.

Internationally is a total different issue. Not leaving before I am 100% sure I can get back in without quarantine.

That won't happen for a long long time, the soldiers reign.

On 12/17/2021 at 6:45 AM, LarrySR said:

From the FBI Report

Washington, D.C.
FBI National Press Office

55.1% offenders were white, and 21.2% were Black or African American.

Now you know.

https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/fbi-releases-updated-2020-hate-crime-statistics

Definatly not worth it for me to tavel

Back to america, have to go through the Thai pass process and pay a ridiculous amount of money for insurance to cover the remainder of my retirement visa, it’d be the same traveling to Vietnam or anywhere else, they need to scrap the insurance and thai pass.

1 hour ago, superal said:

Me too .Just done a 7 day quarantine in Bangkok and my initial plan was to fly back to      Buriram but after consideration that I would have to mingle with many people inside of the Don Muang airport and then on a flight for 1 hour with untested passengers ,   I decided that a taxi ride would be safer . So direct from hotel ( door to door ) and no taxi from hotel to the airport nor a taxi from Buriram airport to final destination . Working out the cost and time there was not much in it and the taxi is sanitised . Taxi 4000 baht

Your taxi journey to Buriram is a waste of time unless you plan to lock yourself in a sanitized room for your entire stay once in Buriram.

If you think you can avoid Omicron, it's very naive.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, stigar said:

A british man get fined 4000 bath for overstay because he had to do 10 days quaranene.The confirmation from hospial didnt help at all.Good luck folks.

I knew the soldiers government were bad, but surely this is going too far. The protesters will surely get them out eventually.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Don't know if I'm wrongly informed or just confused. Saw two comments about not being able to travel because of being "too old" to get the necessary insurance. 

But I remembered seeing the following link on the Thai Consulate, Los Angeles, website, where they refer people to buy the appropriate travel-to-Thailand insurance.

This site says eligibility is up to 99 years. Is this wrong? Is it old news? Or does it turn out there IS a place where "oldsters" can buy the insurance they need, if they wanted?

Glad to have helped, if it does. If not, my apologies for getting it wrong!

-- KG

Is it not the very high cost of insurance that is the problem?

According to this, Test and go starts again 1st Feb:

Thai News Reports: According to the government spokesperson, the CCSA agreed to re-open Test & Go registrations for Thailand Pass, for both Thais & foreigners, starting from 1st February. They can come from any country. It becomes official once published in the royal gazette.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1484031269743005699

15 hours ago, LarsBKK said:

I thought so too until I had to book a flight to Europe. Now almost all fares include carry-on luggage only. So you have to add between 4000 - 7000 baht per checked bag. Pre Covid the prices were a bit higher than now but the main airlines included at least one checked bag. So right now it is not really cheaper to fly (at least to Europe).

Point taken, any dirty trick to part you from your money.

• Like 1