Would you vaccinate your child aged 5-11 (with Pfizer)?

Would you vaccinate your child aged 5-11 (with Pfizer)?  

130 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

What a ridiculous comment. Ultimately, no government provided service is free. But the fact is it's a government provided service and no charges are levied on those being vaccinated. You can be destitute and still get vaccinated.

It was geff who said they were free. I disagreed. 

Spending my tax money on making big pharma even richer isn't my idea of a good was of spending it. 

Sure vax the at risk with something properly tested but the government should not be working as an advertising firm for these companies. 

We pay for the product and then get threatened and coercion used to try to get us to take it. 

If you want it fine.. Fill your boots as another poster has stated pro choice. Leave me and the kids out of it please. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, LA8RAT said:

They arnt free..  They are bought out of out taxes.. Do you think big pharmaceutical companies are these great benevolent entries that do everything for free and only care about the good of mankind? 

And how much in taxes do the poor here pay?  Right....

Thanks to big pharma, millions of lives have been saved.  Great job.

15 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Next thing you know, the government will be demanding that you better have a driver's license if you want to drive a car.. If they think they can push me around like that, they got another thing coming!

And wear seat belts!  And not drive drunk!  And get vaccines before attending school when you're a child.  Amazing!????

8 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

And how much in taxes do the poor here pay?  Right....

Thanks to big pharma, millions of lives have been saved.  Great job.

Not wanting to stray to far off topic but millions? Really? 

A recent freedom of information request to the the office of national statistics here in the UK asked. How many people have died purely from covid with no other factors on the death certificate.. The answer was 17,500. When the government has  been touting figures of nearer 200,000. So I doubt world wide the number is anywhere near millions

Edit to correct some typos

Edited by LA8RAT
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, LA8RAT said:

They arnt free..  They are bought out of out taxes.. Do you think big pharmaceutical companies are these great benevolent entries that do everything for free and only care about the good of mankind? 

Got mine free in LOS, I have never paid taxes here either.  ????

Our lad's biological father is now in ICU with Covid, his father's brother is dead via Covid, both in there 50's...

Oh, his mum and I are still breathing thanks to our jabs and being careful though.....????

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LA8RAT said:

A recent freedom of information request to the the office of national statistics here in the UK asked. How many people have died purely from covid with no other factors on the death certificate.. The answer was 17,500. When the government has  been touting figures of nearer 200,000. So I doubt world wide the number is anywhere near millions

You'll have to put up a credible link to prove this. Otherwise....

Most put the numbers near 10MM.  Especially considering most countries don't count properly, some don't count at all.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/dashboards/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

3 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

You'll have to put up a credible link to prove this. Otherwise....

Most put the numbers near 10MM.  Especially considering most countries don't count properly, some don't count at all.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/dashboards/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

As requested 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/covid19alonewithnounderlininghealthissuesnovemeber2019todecember2021

3 minutes ago, LA8RAT said:

Ummm...did you read the title?  Or understand what it means? LOL

COVID-19 alone with no underlining health issues November 2019 to December 2021

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

Edited by Jeffr2

2 minutes ago, LA8RAT said:

Yes.. Those are covid alone death figures.. Its incredibly simple.. What's confusing you Jeff? 

Not sure why you're focusing on only deaths with no underlying factors.  Doesn't make sense.  What's important is total deaths. 

Deaths:

Edited by Jeffr2

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

Not sure why you're focusing on only deaths with no underlying factors.  Doesn't make sense.  What's important is total deaths. 

Deaths:

The total deaths that count any deaths from any cause as long as they had covid within a month? You mean those nice scary and totally bogus figures Jeff?

I am not going to fall out with any of you over your beliefs

all i ak of you, is too keep you're minds open

We are all in this together,and we will always remain the same.

what will be will be.And no matter what we will still be together x

6 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Deaths:

Perhaps one's lifestyle has an important role in covid deaths. If you're a lard ass who smokes, eats fast food daily, has high blood pressure, diabetes then your chance of surviving covid diminishes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LA8RAT said:

The total deaths that count any deaths from any cause as long as they had covid within a month? You mean those nice scary and totally bogus figures Jeff?

Right...a typical statement from a covid denier.  Which you are known to be.  Ignore social media.  It's filled with misinformation.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-data-idUSKBN29J2TH

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/16/what-do-we-know-about-people-who-died-covid-uk

2 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Perhaps one's lifestyle has an important role in covid deaths. If you're a lard ass who smokes, eats fast food daily, has high blood pressure, diabetes then your chance of surviving covid diminishes.

Which it would without Covid...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Right...a typical statement from a covid denier.  Which you are known to be.  Ignore social media.  It's filled with misinformation.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-data-idUSKBN29J2TH

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/16/what-do-we-know-about-people-who-died-covid-uk

How can I be a covid denier when I've just given you cast iron proof of 17,500 covid deaths Jeff? 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

Thank you for your reply but I do not trust the CDC, their "data" and their "science" as nothing they have said in the past couple of years has been true.

I get real tired of people trotting out those kinds of anti-science / anti-medicine / anti-facts cliches...

The fact is, the virus has changed, from the original one to Delta and now to Omicron. Each with very different characteristics as it turned out. And there was NO WAY anyone could have predicted ahead of time exactly how the virus would mutate and change through the months and years.

Science and medicine can only deal with what's before them, and make the best predictions, responses and treatments to what's actually occurring. And then if things and the virus changes, they have to change their predictions, responses and treatments.

It really shouldn't be so hard to understand all that. But instead, you're railing against COVID vaccines that literally have saved probably millions of lives around the world during the past year.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, LA8RAT said:

Before you get too carried away, have you considered the fact that most people who die have comorbidities listed? The statistic to concentrate on is excess deaths. How many more people died than would have done had there been no pandemic.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, placeholder said:
6 hours ago, LA8RAT said:

Before you get too carried away, have you considered the fact that most people who die have comorbidities listed? The statistic to concentrate on is excess deaths. How many more people died than would have done had there been no pandemic.

The Raw Data from the Office of National Statistics (data for England and Wales).

The average yearly deaths for England & Wales from 2015-2019 = 531,129

The average yearly deaths for England & Wales from 2020 = 614,114 (82,985 excess deaths)

The average yearly deaths for England & Wales from 2021 = 585,899 (54,770 excess deaths)

Over 2020 and 2022 there were 137,775 more deaths in England and Wales than the recorded year average over the previous 5 years. 

i.e. 137,775 more people died than should have, or would be expected to have. 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsregisteredweeklyinenglandandwalesprovisional/weekending7january2022

To make this relevant to Children: 

Deaths of children age 0-14 for England & Wales in 2015: 3757

Deaths of children age 0-14 for England & Wales in 2016: 3750

Deaths of children age 0-14 for England & Wales in 2017: 3674

Deaths of children age 0-14 for England & Wales in 2018: 3549

Deaths of children age 0-14 for England & Wales in 2018: 3501

Average death per year of children age 0-14 for England & Wales in 2015-2019: 3646

Deaths of children age 0-14 for England & Wales in 2020: 3231

Deaths of children age 0-14 for England & Wales in 2021: 3318

The death rate in children took a  ± 10% drop during the Covid-19 outbreak.

Stats of course don’t tell the whole story as there may well be social factors involved in the reduction of deaths, such as children being off-school, in lockdown etc, catching fewer other illnesses, less accidents etc… 

But, it definitely would appear that Children were unaffected by Covid-19. 

That said: I’m still vaccinating my Son, as I have no idea how this virus will develop and whether or not the next variant will be of concern for children.

I don’t want to be in a situation where there is a global panic for child vaccinations and my Son can’t get one. 

Is this ‘Covid-19’ paranoia drummed up by the media, perhaps, however, I believe it sensible to be cautious, I don’t believe there is any risk with taking a vaccine vs the potential risk of the virus evolving again. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thanks 1