Forza Battery.

NoshowJones

My Forza is nearly 7 years old, it had to get the battery changed at about 12000 Ks, now bike has done about 45 Ks and battery still working fine.

Should I just renew it now as it has had more than a good innings, to save any hassle of it giving up at an awkward time, or is there still a chance it could last for a few thousand more Ks?

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Does it have a kick start? my Click battery after 4 years\36km suddenly died last week, no real warning apart from slight flickery speedo.

If you have a kick start or battery charge reading no need to replace, if not maybe replace when due

No kickstart, sometimes bike left for up to a week without using, and always starts very quickly.

I am just worried that the battery might let me down at an awkward time.

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

No kickstart, sometimes bike left for up to a week without using, and always starts very quickly.

I am just worried that the battery might let me down at an awkward time.

no battery charge readout on screen? i imagine a battery dying will go down low and not be recharging

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

no battery charge readout on screen? i imagine a battery dying will go down low and not be recharging

I can't see one, unless a Forza owner can say, It would be really handy if there was.

You might be able to squeeze so more life out it by doing some minor maintenance, clean the posts & connectors, top up with distilled water, or even test it with a multimeter (or have a batter shop check) to see if the volts are good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, London Lowf said:

In my experience automotive batteries tend to degrade gradually rather than catastrophically 

My experience is entirely the opposite. Walk out one morning , nothing. No warning just dead.

7 years is pretty good. Simply go to Honda and get another. Good for another 7 years. 

If you must buy a cheap multimeter and measure the voltage in the morning. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

Forza doesn't have a kick start, best to take it to local kids at your corner shop and ask them to check the voltage (if they have a working voltmeter), when engine Off and when switched On, then let us know and maybe we can help more... ,

I had batteries didn't last 2 years and others that go on and on for years ...! 

(Bike is 7 years, how old it the battery...!? Mentioned km, but years is more important...)

Edited by Agusts

16 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Forza doesn't have a kick start, best to take it to local kids at your corner shop and ask them to check the voltage (if they have a working voltmeter), when engine Off and when switched On, then let us know and maybe we can help more... ,

I had batteries didn't last 2 years and others that go on and on for years ...! 

(Bike is 7 years, how old it the battery...!? Mentioned km, but years is more important.)

The battery is about 5 years old.

Milage of the bike has not much to do with battery health. Much more important are long periods of sitting without usage, high temperatures etc. As said if it fires up quickly even after a week of not being used then why replace it? A battery will most likely show signs of weakness before it completely craps out. And it's easy to source a new one.

If you want to, you can also go to one of the common battery shops and let them measure the CCA (Cold Cranking Amps).

1 hour ago, eisfeld said:

Milage of the bike has not much to do with battery health. Much more important are long periods of sitting without usage, high temperatures etc. As said if it fires up quickly even after a week of not being used then why replace it? A battery will most likely show signs of weakness before it completely craps out. And it's easy to source a new one.

If you want to, you can also go to one of the common battery shops and let them measure the CCA (Cold Cranking Amps).

Does go a few days without usage, always kept in the shade. no long road trips in the past year because of the Cvirus.

I take what you said about CCA, though I'm confused about the common battery shops and where they are.

5 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

When I bought the bike new in 1916, the original battery only lasted 12.000Ks, the replacement bought from a Honda agent cost around 5000Bt and has lasted about 33.000Ks and still going strong.

I am assuming one of these 1450Bt batteries was on the bike when I bought it, so I expect to pay about 5000Bt rather than one from Lazada's dodgy sellers. But Thanks anyway.

6 hours ago, Agusts said:

How about Lithium battery...! ? They all raving about it , last longer and better voltage stability AND smaller and weigh less  ... , not sure how much they go for nowadays...

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

• Haha 1