Virology expert says cross-vaccination in booster dose produces very high immunity against Covid

snoop1130

53 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Pfizer is offered for free since quite a while. Even here in the sticks. Moderna? Not that I know. I paid for it at a private hospital. Got it as 3rd shot on December 17.

I had an "IgG" antibody test done on Jan 3 and had a tremendous value of 8000.

It's "fascinating" to read how the forum Covid experts axe a Thai doctor citing studies and proven results from reputable sources.

What else do you think a German health minister (calling himself a medical expert) does all day?

Unfortunately the outcome is panic and confusion.

The IgG antibody is a specialized antibody and is one of the longest lasting antibody.  It hangs around for a lot longer than some of the other antibodies.   

On 1/26/2022 at 10:07 AM, snoop1130 said:

The head of Chulalongkorn University’s Center of Excellence in Clinical Virology also cited a study in Chile that sought to determine the efficacy of boosters doses which are administered to people inoculated with 2 doses of the CoronaVac (Sinovac) inactivated vaccine. In the study, the third doses comprised the CoronaVac, the AstraZeneca virus vector vaccine, and the Pfizer mRNA vaccine. The boosters were 78.8%, 93.2%, and 96.5% effective in preventing symptoms, respectively. They were 86.7%, 98.1%, and 96.8% effective in preventing deaths, respectively. Dr. Yong said this study was presented as a ’pre-print’ article in The Lancet.

'pre-print' means it has not had credible peer reviews.

Therefore this article may be misleading and should not be published on this forum.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheScience said:

Or just let your body provide the antibodies...

It doesn't.  It won't until there is an active infection.  The immune system usually gets rid of antibodies that are no longer useful and they aren't useful unless there is an active infection.  The production of new antibodies come after you are infected.   A vaccine acts a little like an actual infection and signals the body to make the antibodies.  On its own, the body won't produce them unless they are needed.   

So, if you want a high level of Covid antibodies that would require periodic boosters.   Other than those who have an immunocompromising condition or some other serious health problem, probably do not need the additional protection of continuous antibodies.  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, chilli42 said:

Sceptical.  Science has become a servant of the narrative.

Pre-social media it was easier when advances in science and medicine were published by a much smaller number of 'experts'. 

Platforms like facebook etc seem to have produced a huge number of experts in all fields.

You never seem to hear or read 'I'm not sure about that, I've read conflicting reports'.

Lots of people believe that thousands of 'likes' promotes them into the expert bracket.

Perhaps we're heading into a time when school and university will no longer be needed, a good series of social media posts and the correct number of likes will determine your 'expert' rating.

????

• Like 2

14 hours ago, EricTh said:

Not this Dr Yong again.... Doesn't Thailand have other experts besides him who can challenge what he said?

Why would there be? What he said has already been established by other researchers elsewhere. There's nothing in what he said that should be controversial.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Pfizer is offered for free since quite a while. Even here in the sticks. Moderna? Not that I know. I paid for it at a private hospital. Got it as 3rd shot on December 17.

I had an "IgG" antibody test done on Jan 3 and had a tremendous value of 8000.

It's "fascinating" to read how the forum Covid experts axe a Thai doctor citing studies and proven results from reputable sources.

What else do you think a German health minister (calling himself a medical expert) does all day?

Unfortunately the outcome is panic and confusion.

There are no covid experts here even you!  Yes it is fascinating that you basically was in such in a hurry to criticize me when I said pretty much exactly the same " I did say he was citing from other studies " 

A bit of correction yes I know Pfizer has been offer for free for some time thanks to the U.S. government. I got both my shots late last year but it isn't as far as I know in Bangkok and Chon Buri as a Booster!  for one people like myself it is only available as a booster to those who had the Sino or AZ. If you know this not to be true then let us all know!

The remaining stock of Pfizer have been saved for front line workers as booster!  Late last year Pfizer was being offered to kids Thai or foreigners 12-18, both my brother kids were given the Pfizer, recently his 3rd kid 11 was given the Pfizer. As for pure Thais in my village and surrounding Nongprue I've not heard of Thais kids 5-11 being given Pfizer yet?  My daugther in law brother Thai 11 hasn't be to school for 2 years and hasn't even been offered the Pfizer as of yet!

Moderna, my wife, son, and daughter in law are schedule Feb 2nd for their paid Moderna shots, I will see if I can get a Moderna booster I heard rumors that it might be 1400 baht?  which I would gladly pay since I unless you do even in the sticks know when I might be getting a booster Pfizer?

On 1/28/2022 at 12:29 AM, pedro01 said:

No more of these vaccines for me. I've had the 2 they told me to get. 

For me to have another one - I need some evidence that it is going to be beneficial to me. 

Three makes most over 60s up to  50 times less likely to die or become seriously ill.  That's good enough for me.  What more do you want?  This is an evolving situation.  That means that we continue to develop new data and improve things.  You need to watch the movie "Don't look up.!"

On 1/27/2022 at 10:47 PM, talahtnut said:

'pre-print' means it has not had credible peer reviews.

Therefore this article may be misleading and should not be published on this forum.

Is putting it out there not a way to get those peer reviews?

On 1/27/2022 at 11:02 AM, placeholder said:

Your allegation about diminishing effectiveness of repeated vaccinations is apparently false:

Israeli study reports fivefold jump in antibodies with 4th Pfizer vaccine shot

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/01/04/israel-fourth-shot-booster/

As for natural immunity being superior to immunity acquired through vaccination, the situation is not nearly as clear cut as you make it out to be:

https://www.dw.com/en/omicron-is-natural-immunity-better-than-a-vaccine/a-60425426

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/covid-natural-immunity-what-you-need-to-know

Ironically the CDC were the publishers of the information I posted and they now state almost the opposite so I guess its which week you research this type of data which makes the difference. Sadly there will be a monetary factor here!