shoppee versus lazada. do they really deliver? ive never tried , which one is better and reliable

yogi yogi

On 1/31/2022 at 7:37 AM, steven100 said:
On 1/31/2022 at 12:18 AM, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

MOST traders on lazada are honest

I laughed at your comment ........   the problem with these vendors is they are not screened enough prior to joining,  Lazada & Shopee have zero  QA/QC  in process.

Most of their items are junk as the parts inside are all cheap chinese c_rap.   The factories have zero quality checks so your buying junk.

I laughed even more at your comment!  You can buy "cheap, Chinese <deleted>" everywhere, you can also buy good quality. Chinese-made products that are not c_rap on Lazada and Shopee.   

You're saying that, for example, iPhones, Huawei products and other quality manufacturers have no QC and sell junk just because they can be bought on Laz and Shopee?  Really?

On 1/31/2022 at 1:51 PM, Chaichara said:

Always select COD for such items, unpack on delivery and id broken ir incomplete, refused the deliver, even if the van driver says he can't take it back.

You cannot take delivery of COD items without paying first, neither Lazada nor Shopee permit that!   The drivers are not allowed to accept returns, they are delivery drivers.

9 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Make up you mind!  

allow me to explain.

most products there come from china. in china there are few qualities for the same product.

for example watches, there are copy type A , copy type B, C, and so on.

each level will have a different quality, components and finish.

honest chinese traders - and so also thai - will inform you about the quality level. dishonest

will try to sell you the inferior level in same price as the higher level.

what happans on LAZADA and SHOPPEE is that some traders try to sell copies - even high end

phones - as original, or sell low level copies / products as high level quality.

it is the fault of the LAZADA managers (i do not know shoppee) . they do not seperate the good

from the bad and do not impose / punish the cheaters for the wrongdoing, despite the many complaints you can find on the comments. some comments even state clearly that the seller sold

to them fake iphone in the price of an original one (it is ok if they sell fake as fake, advertise

clearly, as some traders do, that it is fake, and price it as fake), curse the seller and his ancestors,

and still management does not do remove the seller  or product.

having said that, i must mention that there are some good traders on lazada, who offer, for me at least, great value for some products. those are products that i know, that i did buy from china in the past, and that i studies their quality levels. and so i can find them on lazada, shipped to me FROM THAILAND, in china price, and in good quality.

On 2/3/2022 at 2:33 PM, BritManToo said:

Tried to buy an item on Shopee ..... 13,400bht, no COD option.

Shoppee Kbank closed for maintenance (14:30 on a Thursday afternoon) .... so I can't pay them.

Can you believe a major online shopping outlet has allowed their banking to close down?

shocking!!!  how long were they down,?   were u able to wait till they went back online?

• Haha 1

in related issue  i just bought some nike shoes on central online.  i think central is a big mall company in bkk?  anways i was shocked on how fast the item arrived. but the question is would a company like central sell a fake nike shoe.??  came in no nike box  but they were sandals..........did come with tags attached,,,,,,,,,,,,,but hey we are in thailand so fake nikes might be around  .  would central sell fake nikes?

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

in related issue  i just bought some nike shoes on central online.  i think central is a big mall company in bkk?  anways i was shocked on how fast the item arrived. but the question is would a company like central sell a fake nike shoe.??  came in no nike box  but they were sandals..........did come with tags attached,,,,,,,,,,,,,but hey we are in thailand so fake nikes might be around  .  would central sell fake nikes?

Could easily be fakes, tags mean nothing, i buy fake Adidas shirts with tags

28 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

More likely a fake store pretending to be Central, than the real Central.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, yogi yogi said:

tags were on the shoes but the plastic string attachement was tied not zip tied on.  someone had put th platstic string in a knot to secure the tag on.  makes me skeptical

5 hours ago, seajae said:

put an order in friday for 3 seperate items on lazada, 2 arrived sunday and the other one today, extremely fast delivery

i know its shocking.  im hooked .  but i see some nike shoes i think might be fakes . if u order cod.  can u open box and look at them before u pay?

12 hours ago, yogi yogi said:

i know its shocking.  im hooked .  but i see some nike shoes i think might be fakes . if u order cod.  can u open box and look at them before u pay?

No ... although I wouldn't recommend buying footwear on a website.  Something you really need to try on before buying.  I've been to the Nike outlets here, and their sizing is not consistent.

At least buy from their 'flagship' store on LAZ.  Inquire about return policy if wrong size.

https://www.lazada.co.th/tag/nike-official-shop/ 

If in Krung Thep area, there's a few of the branded footwear outlet  stores, all at one strip, at Impact arena area, across from the mall (Cosmo Bazaar) there.  Nike store had some very nice bargains.

http://tiny.cc/jnaouz

Can whittle down your choice with reviews, then see what they have available.  If larger size, choice may be limited.  I had a few picks before shopping, and they only had 1 in my size.  Still wear, years after having.

https://runrepeat.com/catalog/nike-running-shoes

Edited by KhunLA

I tried to buy a 70" Hisense TV from Shopee (B20,500) but couldn't find a way to pay.  No COD, the VISA/MC approval system was down as it often seems to be.  Though I have the Bangkok Bank mobile app, I do not have the Bangkok Bank online account and without that, one can not transfer to Shopee.  I even drove a mile to a BKB ATM but no joy there as well as Shopee's ATM payment instructions did not match the ATM menu. A frustrating experience to say the least! (It was an expiring promo price, thus the frantic payment attempts.)

Later, found the same exact TV on Lazada for B400 more but with a Hisense dorm size fridge tossed into the deal. Never knew I needed one but it's turned out to be handy.

My niece was then able to find a further B1000 discount so net 19,900 including fridge. Delivery was free.  Payment was 2 clicks and done.

Delivered by seller to Jomtien the next day. They brought it up to my apartment but no unboxing or set-up. 

Unboxing with 2 people was easy as the carton lifts off rather than having to pull the set out of it. I does leave a LOT of cardboard and styrofoam to dispose of.  Usually, I keep TV boxes but even flattened, this was too large to store anywhere.

Set-up was pretty easy, took about 15 minutes.  If one has a Google account on your mobile, it does practically all of it.

I've had the TV for three months now and I'm very happy with it.  The picture quality with the big display is incredible, great for watching sports and movies.  Sound quality is so-so, not bad but not great either.  No faults yet found.  The Android system is easy to use.

I would never have considered the usual B50,000+++ for a extra large TV but for just shy of 20K, quite an amazing price for the big screen experience.

Edited by dddave

On 1/31/2022 at 9:16 AM, spidermike007 said:

Lazada is way better. And their service is good. Use them alot. I order alot of exotic food, that I cannot find anywhere else, or is too expensive, elsewhere. Like quinoa, whole rye flakes, dates, green tea powder, organic rice cakes, and even some supplements. Have also bought blenders, tech equipment, etc. They are quite good. 

I disagree entirely.  Shopee is by far better if you are looking for parts or hardware in general.  A relevant example is stainless steel nuts and bolts.  I use them both but only to find the best price on specific items.  I made 24 purchases on Shopee last month and 4 on Lazada.  

17 hours ago, dddave said:

I tried to buy a 70" Hisense TV from Shopee (B20,500) but couldn't find a way to pay.  No COD, the VISA/MC approval system was down as it often seems to be.  Though I have the Bangkok Bank mobile app, I do not have the Bangkok Bank online account and without that, one can not transfer to Shopee.  I even drove a mile to a BKB ATM but no joy there as well as Shopee's ATM payment instructions did not match the ATM menu. A frustrating experience to say the least! (It was an expiring promo price, thus the frantic payment attempts.)

Later, found the same exact TV on Lazada for B400 more but with a Hisense dorm size fridge tossed into the deal. Never knew I needed one but it's turned out to be handy.

My niece was then able to find a further B1000 discount so net 19,900 including fridge. Delivery was free.  Payment was 2 clicks and done.

Delivered by seller to Jomtien the next day. They brought it up to my apartment but no unboxing or set-up. 

Unboxing with 2 people was easy as the carton lifts off rather than having to pull the set out of it. I does leave a LOT of cardboard and styrofoam to dispose of.  Usually, I keep TV boxes but even flattened, this was too large to store anywhere.

Set-up was pretty easy, took about 15 minutes.  If one has a Google account on your mobile, it does practically all of it.

I've had the TV for three months now and I'm very happy with it.  The picture quality with the big display is incredible, great for watching sports and movies.  Sound quality is so-so, not bad but not great either.  No faults yet found.  The Android system is easy to use.

I would never have considered the usual B50,000+++ for a extra large TV but for just shy of 20K, quite an amazing price for the big screen experience.

bonus of a refridge.. u cant beat that

On 2/3/2022 at 4:56 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Lazada is easily better, with Shopee even though you select English a lot of the app is still in Thai, even setting up shopee pay was impossible

Actually Google translate provides excellent English on Shopee pages - and find it better than Lazada in English (which still needs translating often).  But with both you will need to find open space and translate at times.  Lazada shipping often faster but Shopee prices often lower.  On both best to have specific make/model to search or expect to spend a lot of time using search.  

2 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

The context of many of the posts where people talk of fakes and then state "Always buy COD" implies that they open the package before paying.

Is that correct?

Nah, you can often just tell by the size and weight of the package.

I once ordered 3x solar panels @20Kg each ...... the delivery driver turned up with a brown envelope.

Delivery refused.

Today I received 4x 200ah Lifepo4 batteries at 5Kg each.

Could hardly lift the box.

Delivery accepted and paid.

• Thanks 1

Ordered from lazada a tap (5,000THB), a plastic bag arrived this morning, with the lazada order number stuck on the outside, got a refund, but until both Lazada and Shoppe get their <deleted> together i'm going to stop using as its every now and again, scammed or fraud.

For the record I've spent 7+ million between them over the past five years for company stuff, but of late its getting worse and worse, the time wasted ringing CS.

• Like 1

If I wan't an item to arrive quickly ( perishables ) I will only use a seller that sends the goods out via FLASH express. For some reason they can deliver to my house in the sticks anywhere from 12 to 36 hours quicker than any of the others.

It doesn't get held up in some sorting facility for 24 hours. They are very efficient.