Thai parliament to meet this week, even though 12 MPs have COVID-19

webfact

Thai-PBS-World-logo-40-2.jpg

House Speaker Chuan Leekpai wants the scheduled parliamentary meetings this Wednesday and Friday to go ahead, despite 12 MPs and 13 parliamentary officials having COVID-19, because “the House must be able to function”, said Dr. Sukit Atthopakorn, advisor to the House Speaker, Sunday.

He added that Chuan had suggested that preventive measures could be stepped up in parliament, in accordance with COVID-19 situation.

Recent reports show eight Bhumjaithai MPs and one MP from the Palang Pracharat party have been confirmed to be infected by the virus, said Dr. Sukit, adding that the House Speaker has asked the two parties to make sure that their MPs, especially those considered as high risk, take proper care of themselves.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-parliament-to-meet-this-week-even-though-12-mps-have-covid-19/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-01-31

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

the House Speaker has asked the two parties to make sure that their MPs, especially those considered as high risk, take proper care of themselves.

Lol... the issue is the people taking care of them should be monitored a little more closely.

Honestly, does anyone care? During normal days I saw news on the Thai telly showing ranks of empty chairs. 
Were they all on sick leave or had bigger fish to fry outside the parliament - I do not know.

So, go ahead and book the missing fellows as "excused, on sick leave" - next please! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

House Speaker Chuan Leekpai wants the scheduled parliamentary meetings this Wednesday and Friday to go ahead, despite 12 MPs and 13 parliamentary officials having COVID-19

Was this caused by MP's gathering at a private club ................LOL

• Haha 2

Let me read that correct .... In Thailand , latest numbers .... +/- 8000 covid cases a day . Not bad for a population of 65 million . I mean , looking at western countries and you see 10s of times more cases , even countries with much less people inside .

Here i read

12 MPs and 13 parliamentary officials having COVID-19,

... damn they must be very very unlucky there in parliament ....

PS in Belgium , my country , heavy infected for last few weeks by Omicron , with +50k of infected daily ( positivity rate +40% so many many more undetected ), and 6!! governments ... for a country with 11mill people , there are only 1-3 people in government confirmed positive at certain point in time . Idk who is lying , i just make observation .