Non Imm O Retirement Extension - Jomtien

55 minutes ago, biervoormij said:

I did not receive any paper telling me I needed to return in 3 months with an updated bankbook like I did last year

Good news.

This confirms similar reports..

One guy from forum actually asked io (recently) what are the consequences of not returning after three months and was told point plank..."nothing".

About time that nonsense was dropped. 

BTW doubt if your TM30 and 90 report receipt was required. Surprised it wasn't just handed back. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Update, i did my extension Friday and it was amazingly painless, guy desk 8 was polite and friendly, pragmatic, even replaced a couple of my copies with a copy he took, picked up today. Much smoother than i expected, no issues

So required to return in 3 months time for check of funds in bank account? 

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Update, i did my extension Friday and it was amazingly painless, guy desk 8 was polite and friendly, pragmatic, even replaced a couple of my copies with a copy he took, picked up today. Much smoother than i expected, no issues

What he said. I have many years of very good service at Jomtien desk 8, never a problem if you have your stuff in order. Way to go. Yes I know we have to come back next day to pick up, and yes we have to show 800K in the bank after 90 days, but no big deal in the big scheme of things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes they gave me the form below

About that form. Twice I have not been given the form, and therefore not gone back to show the money. It seems a bit random, like they give out forms sometimes but not always. But if/when I do get the form in my sweaty little hand I will do as told and go to show the money. To be honest, I am pretty sure nothing will happen if we don't go back, but I am not so brave as to test this hypothesis. YMMV.

32 minutes ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

About that form. Twice I have not been given the form, and therefore not gone back to show the money. It seems a bit random, like they give out forms sometimes but not always. But if/when I do get the form in my sweaty little hand I will do as told and go to show the money. To be honest, I am pretty sure nothing will happen if we don't go back, but I am not so brave as to test this hypothesis. YMMV.

Yeah it's not a big deal going, it's not as if we are so so busy we just can't spare the time

13 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Your using a lot of the time you have left in a line doing office visits.

Sure, that extra one hour per year will surely make a big impact in the quality of our lives. But since we have chosen—for whatever reason—to live here, it is not so unreasonable to follow a few simple rules.

12 hours ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

But since we have chosen—for whatever reason—to live here, it is not so unreasonable to follow a few simple rules

Some rules are ridiculous.

Jomtien is one of the few offices that requires this return 90 days later nonsense.

As per past reports .... sometimes the "form" is given out some times not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Some rules are ridiculous.

Jomtien is one of the few offices that requires this return 90 days later nonsense.

As per past reports .... sometimes the "form" is given out some times not.

Sure, I agree, but unless we can get the rules changed, they are what they are. I think most of us can agree that the basic immigration law, rules and regulations are quite easy to comply with in Thailand, but it is the big variations in enforcement between (and even within) offices and over time that is the real problem. If you know the rules and they do not change often (and grandfathering is used where appropriate), it is quite easy to comply. But we live in the real world, not some fantasy world. And it is not a human right to live in Thailand for foreigners. I respect Thailand for enforcing their border protection, unlike what is done in many countries in Europe (and now US), including my own country.

• 1 year later...

Good topic. Just one thing I not understand well.

I do the 800.000 method. some things are payed with the bankaccount it stays on. I NEVER go below 800.000, am comfortably above. 

So could it be accepted, that I just update the bank book, then ask the letter. Make copies then of the bankbook, and go to immigration?  If I ask a statement of a year activity, I only get it a week later, so makes not much sense.

21 minutes ago, indieke said:

Good topic. Just one thing I not understand well.

I do the 800.000 method. some things are payed with the bankaccount it stays on. I NEVER go below 800.000, am comfortably above. 

So could it be accepted, that I just update the bank book, then ask the letter. Make copies then of the bankbook, and go to immigration?  If I ask a statement of a year activity, I only get it a week later, so makes not much sense.

no need for statement of activity, just a letter of balance and updated passbook

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/2/2022 at 1:24 PM, soisanuk said:

It is the 12 months preceding the day you apply for the extension (the day you go to Immigration).   

The bank passbook should be sufficient provided it has been continually updated and does not have any consolidated entries, i.e., showing a net cumulative total for deposits & withdrawals for a period of time.  If it does that, you may need to obtain certified bank statements from you bank for the period.  If your bank is Bangkok Bank, a Branch can only provide statements for the preceding 6 months. For a full 12 months, they will need about one week to provide them as they have to request them from their HQ in Bangkok. 

kasikorn can give the whole year on the spot ?

10 hours ago, indieke said:

If I ask a statement of a year activity, I only get it a week later, so makes not much sense.

A 12-month bank statement ordered two weeks in advance, together with the latest transactions from your bank passbook will be acceptable.

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That is not true is transactions have been aggregated.

Also if no transactions below the 800.000? I have around one mille on the account, and sometimes I get some off and some on. Even without activity, the bank will deduct costs, once and a while. Thing is, you need one week to get th one year statement, is it then up to date, the day you receive it? 

7 hours ago, BritTim said:

A 12-month bank statement ordered two weeks in advance, together with the latest transactions from your bank passbook will be acceptable.

2 weeks is very long, and could get some in trouble, to renew in time. I am Flemish, what you exactly mean by aggregated

21 minutes ago, indieke said:

I am Flemish, what you exactly mean by aggregated

When there are many transactions in a particular month they can be "consolidated" 

Totalled up so not every transaction is entered into bank book.

Unrelated : I had trouble at CW using money in bank method for retirement extension.

I use a dedicated bank account and maintain 800k all year round.

No consolidated entries.

All good one would imagine.

NO .....they were not happy that some months had zero entries.

You can't win with immigration 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1