Two young teenagers injured after “popping a wheelie” on their motorbike and colliding with a sedan in Pattaya

webfact

31 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

An this folks is why Dash-Cams are so very very important here in Thailand. 

.... Just imagine...  No cam, no witnesses and the boys claim they were just stopped on the side of the road and you hit them... etc etc...   ok far fetched example, but you get my point.

Pretty sure tire marks would rule that out,

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Both are well known to this ol' pop.....????

I've done wheelies, seen people doing wheelies but never seen popping and I ain't sure what a sedan is doing on the road these days? 'Sedan'?

sedan chair: [noun] a covered chair that is carried on poles by two people and that was used in the past for carrying a passenger through the streets of a city.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

i saw a video a few weeks ago of a kid in Russia doing a wheelie, hit a lorry head on, helmet and head came clean off, think he died

Remember the one on Jomtien 2nd who hit a road sign and ended up cut into 2?

• Thanks 1

reminds me when I got my first mc back in early 1960s, made a date with a gal and picked her up at her house, as we took off on my mc I accidently "popped a wheelie" and about 100 yards up the road I turned around to say something and she wasn't there, she was sitting on her ass in the road way back out front her house. Fortunately it was a very quiet street and she wasn't hurt, but from memory the relationship didn't blossom past that one date.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, grain said:

reminds me when I got my first mc back in early 1960s, made a date with a gal and picked her up at her house, as we took off on my mc I accidently "popped a wheelie" and about 100 yards up the road I turned around to say something and she wasn't there, she was sitting on her ass in the road way back out front her house.

https://www.amazon.com/Read-This-Bitch-Fell-T-Shirt/dp/B000100IA6

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I've done wheelies, seen people doing wheelies but never seen popping and I ain't sure what a sedan is doing on the road these days? 'Sedan'?

sedan chair: [noun] a covered chair that is carried on poles by two people and that was used in the past for carrying a passenger through the streets of a city.

I never said popping, and this may help your Sedan thingy......????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedan_(automobile)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

I never said popping, and this may help your Sedan thingy......????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedan_(automobile)

Yes I know about sedan/automobile but it is not common  usage. Its obscure and like 'popping' its somewhat  arcane for 'headline English' I envisage an old balding writer/hack completely out of touch with the modern world but trying to be trendy thus putting 'sedan' and 'popping' in an English  language  headline. Its very entertaining!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

In America, 'sedan' is the commonly used name for what we in the UK would call a saloon. And, of course if you were to ask an American what a saloon was he would inevitably tell you it's somewhere you go for a drink. ????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

In America, 'sedan' is the commonly used name for what we in the UK would call a saloon. And, of course if you were to ask an American what a saloon was he would inevitably tell you it's somewhere you go for a drink. ????

Or haircut?

Both Sedan and Saloon just seem incredibly  old fashioned  terms to describe  cars. I can't imagine  people under 60 using such terms

7 minutes ago, transam said:

My grandfather, a Londoner, was also referred to as Pop. In London, we also say, "Just pop down the shops". If you have a nasty spot on your face, we pop it, you see, there are many uses for a simple word.

????

And I drank pop as a kid..I understand  the multiplicity of uses of the word pop especially  as phrasal verbs but in a head line some English  words don't seem appropriate but I like this noun phrase lol Arizona-otter-pop

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/arizona-otter-pop

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1