Are we just going to have to live with unvaccinated people across Thailand?

webfact

54 minutes ago, connda said:

This makes things interesting.  For those with Life Insurance, it's best to check your policy to see if they cover post Covid vaccination adverse reactions leading to death.  Unlike those who will dismiss Covid vaccination related death, the insurance companies see an avenue now where they can reject claims.
So when insurance companies start hiring independent doctors to perform autopsies on those recently vaccinated, like young, healthy professional athlete who die on the pitch.
Some people will scream - "Coincidence!"
The insurance company won't scream at all.  They'll hire an independent forensic physician.

Once this becomes a legal precedent?  Oh! Ouch.

https://principia-scientific.com/coronavirus-vaccine-deaths-not-covered-by-life-insurance/

The stories of healthy athletes dying "on the pitch" following a Covid vaccination are lies put out by fringe anti-vax groups.

Its up to Thailand to demand vaccines for its citizens or not, not expatriates.  They will do as they do.

One thing that I can assure you is if you want to travel to Thailand and are not vaccinated I highly doubt that they will ever let you in.  IT doesn't matter how you feel about it, that's just the way it will be.  

I've travelled for 33 years all around this planet and I'll tell you that you cannot get into south america without a yellow fever vaccine.  And that's that.  

We all have choices to make and are all free to exercise them accordingly.  

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

They do, they are just not 100% effective. Seat belts save lives, just not all lives. You would have it that if one vaccinated person gets an infection then the vaccines don't stop infections. How ridiculous.

https://www.wionews.com/world/one-in-5000-the-real-chances-of-a-breakthrough-infection-411455

That is the current story though, right?

I get believing the 1st and even 2nd story about these crappy vaccines but I am not daft enough to keep believing.

They are selling it just a bit too hard. I'm done at 2 vaccines and a sebsequent dose of COVID

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

I posted that the unvaccinated in the study were one and a half times more likely to catch Covid.  That is factually correct and informative.  It is not misleading in any way.

It's maybe informative for you and me. But people who have no understanding of statistics are surprised when they see a big number, or when someone says "it's 150% more effective." The reality is that the study says: 25% of vaccinated got infected, and 38% of unvaccinated got infected

Also, if you don't mention the data of which that percentage is based on, it is misleading and disingenuous. 

Edited by ThLT

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Same distortion. 4th vaccination, not 4th booster.

That's correct, 2nd booster. And Biontech guy said they will have an Omicron vaccine by March which will require 3 jabs which brings you to 7 however you want to call it

55 minutes ago, heybruce said:

The vaccinated are less likely to catch and spread the virus.  That's a good thing.  Risk reduction in general is a good thing.  Don't you agree?

Not always unvaxxed with previous infection have less chance than those vaxxed without a previous infection and getting vaxxed after an infection provides little to no extra protection according to a study released by the CDC in the US.

FIGURE. Incident laboratory-confirmed COVID-19-associated hospitalizations among immunologic cohorts defined by vaccination and previous diagnosis histories — California, May 30–November 13, 2021*,†
The figure is a line chart showing incident laboratory-confirmed COVID-19-associated hospitalizations among immunologic cohorts defined by vaccination and previous diagnosis histories in California during May 30–November 20, 2021.

• Thanks 1

I don't mind.  It's free, it only takes a short while, and it protects me from a disease that, according to friends and family who have had it, is best avoided.

If you want to be required to get boosted every 9 months, feel free to do so. Don't expect everyone to follow along with you in your enthusiasm. 

And no, you're wrong, it's not free. It's paid for using taxes paid by Thai people.

Edited by ThLT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, pikao said:

That's correct, 2nd booster. And Biontech guy said they will have an Omicron vaccine by March which will require 3 jabs which brings you to 7 however you want to call it

Does an 80 year old whinge about having had 20 flu vaccines?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ThLT said:

If you want to be required to get boosted every 9 months, feel free to do so. Don't expect everyone to follow along with you in your enthusiasm. 

And no, you're wrong, it's not free. It's paid for using taxes paid for by Thai people.

Who said it would be every 9 months?

1 minute ago, AndyFoxy said:

The vaccinated are less likely to catch and spread the virus.  That's a good thing.  Risk reduction in general is a good thing.  Don't you agree?

Show me the data on that one thanks.

Also waiting for numbers for your claim.

The Lancet study I posted shows that: 25% of vaccinated got infected, in contrast to 38% of unvaccinated.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Does an 80 year old whinge about having had 20 flu vaccines?

Don't know, you obviously don't

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Who said it would be every 9 months?

It's every 6 months (in some countries) already and they are talking about 3 or 4 months

18 minutes ago, pikao said:

And then one for the next variant and the next and the one after that.

Its a boondoggle for the drug firms, who pay lobbyists, who tell politicians which side their bread is buttered.

I got a delivery this am from the Thai govt of Bromhexine & Favipiravir, an anti viral. A nurse brought it round ti the house.

Vaccines for those at risk, treatment for thise that get it. A 2 pronged approach.

But the money is in vaccines. Not much money in Favipiravir...

1 minute ago, pedro01 said:

And then one for the next variant and the next and the one after that.

Its a boondoggle for the drug firms, who pay lobbyists, who tell politicians which side their bread is buttered.

I got a delivery this am from the Thai govt of Bromhexine & Favipiravir, an anti viral. A nurse brought it round ti the house.

Vaccines for those at risk, treatment for thise that get it. A 2 pronged approach.

But the money is in vaccines. Not much money in Favipiravir...

A pity people didn't complain with the same fervour about the money tobacco companies made from cigarettes, the massive profits from beer or junk food.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

A pity people didn't complain with the same fervour about the money tobacco companies made from cigarettes, the massive profits from beer or junk food.

These are vices, vaccines are not.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Scandinavian countries are  pretty much claiming the end of the pandemic and all restrictions and regulations......so 3 examples to the contrary back at you!

And why do you think we here in Scandinavia are able to return to normal once again.

A combo of vaccinations  boosters and omicron.

Without vaccinations and boosters we would still have restrictions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

That was a very low total, and most only required it flying from the US to Canada.

When it comes to Air Asia, I have just checked, and they have lifted some restrictions. This list is from September last year.

All in all, this shows as I suspected, the main rule is that you can fly without vaccination, but with a few exceptions.

But thank you for the list. Well provided.

Edited by thaibreaker