Politicians outraged over kindergarten that deduct marks for children that cry during tests

webfact

pp.jpg

By Natcha Patanasophon

Politicians expressed concern on Friday over news that a kindergarten was lowering the test scores of students who cry during tests.

According to documents released by the school in question, the school said it would take points off from the test scores of kindergarten students who cry during the tests.

Nattawut Buaprathum, the deputy party leader of the Move Forward Party, told Thai Enquirer that the school’s new regulations were a violation of children’s rights.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/37249/politicians-outraged-over-kindergarten-that-deduct-marks-for-children-that-cry-during-tests/

ti.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Enquirer 2022-02-04

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, zyphodb said:

I think it's a too literal translation of the Thai word Anuban. I work at an Anuban which does have a actual kindergarten of 3-5 year olds but by far the biggest part of it teaches Prathom 1 - 6 which is 6 - 12 year olds. I do agree that they're test crazy, about the only good thing of these online lessons is the fact that they've done away with all the tests...

No the letter in Thai from the Mahasarakham University Demonstration School, Primary Division, clearly states that the policy applies to children in Anuban 1, Anuban 2, Anuban 3. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Puwa said:

the policy applies to children in Anuban 1, Anuban 2, Anuban 3. 

For those of us not involved/understand the Thai school stucture what does Anuban 1-3 mean and what should happen there?

Edited by DezLez
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, zyphodb said:

I think it's a too literal translation of the Thai word Anuban. I work at an Anuban which does have a actual kindergarten of 3-5 year olds but by far the biggest part of it teaches Prathom 1 - 6 which is 6 - 12 year olds. I do agree that they're test crazy, about the only good thing of these online lessons is the fact that they've done away with all the tests...

My kid goes to an Anubaan like this. 

What does Anubaan mean literally? It's used for kindy, a school, a medical clinic, a midwife (I think)...

P1 up is a bit old for tears during a test though.

My nieces and nephews just take the test days off (with full support from parents). Saves tears I guess? Poor little didums. (They're P6 and highschool, not kindy).

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, brianthainess said:

This is just MAD !Why not just ;

"Give them broth, without any bread,

Whip them soundly, and send them to bed'' ????

Now you're talking!

8 hours ago, DezLez said:

For those of us not involved/understand the Thai school stucture what does Anuban 1-3 mean and what should happen there?

About same as kindergarten but for older kids than my country. Anubaan 3 up to about 6-7 yo. Just realised it was called primmers when I was a kid. So older than kindy is right.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kiwithl said:

So older than kindy is right.

When I taught my P1s were 6 yrs old.  A1 -A3  were 4 and 5 yr olds and we had one 3 yr old. 

As someone else mentioned they test test test in Thailand, and then fudge all the marks. Whats the point! 

6 minutes ago, marcusb said:

When I taught my P1s were 6 yrs old.  A1 -A3  were 4 and 5 yr olds and we had one 3 yr old. 

As someone else mentioned they test test test in Thailand, and then fudge all the marks. Whats the point! 

Everybody gets a gold star and a balloon.

• Like 1