Former boxer beats his mother to death after he's told not to go out on a motorcycle - all caught on CCTV

webfact

8 hours ago, realfunster said:

Tragic case, she was just trying to take care of her boy.

That is, at a minimum, 2 mental illness related killings in the last fortnight. Kanchanaburi attack being the other.

Do you reckon it’s time for Thailand to up their game on mental health services ?

They're, sadly almost non existent. And as a retired mental health professional I can tell you they're still in the totally underfunded and dark Freudian ages here. 

53 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I have to disagree with this one.  Telling individual boys that they are trash in order to counter balance the men that are will just damage that child.  You're drifting into revenge feminism then.

Raise young men to believe that they are no more special than anyone else, but don't try to make them feel that they are inferior to women just because you don't like how Thai men behave generally.

Male or female, children are innocent.  Don't punish them for the crimes of their gender.

Nope. It is about speaking truth. Leave the part out about the sisters, though it is total truth. 

Ask the boys to man up. Stop telling them how special they are, due to being born a boy. That stuff has to stop. Earn the praise. Show us something. Nothing to do with feminism, as I am not into me too at all. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Would this have happened if he has been raised to be a real man, instead of an over grown child? 

Some Thai men represent an overly entitled gender here in the LOS. Boys from an early age are told they are special. What parents need to start doing is to tell their sons:

1. You are nothing special. You become special when you prove yourself to be a worthy person. An exemplary character. A cut above the rest. Someone who gives and does not just take.

2. Your sister is special. She works hard, she is ambitious, and she is not lazy. Prove yourself to be at least equal to her. Women run this country.

3. Respect is not freely given. It must be earned. Go out into the world and earn respect.

4. Make your mark on the world. And pay your own way. All Thai men should be asked to leave home by the age of 20. Unless they are severely handicapped, or have real, true, special needs. 

I don't think you know what you're talking about. You keep posting these cut and paste posts repeating totally erroneous clichés about how Thai men are coddled by their mothers. I have seen almost zero evidence of this in the decades I have been visiting Thailand. I have lived in a village for almost twenty years, and have had a chance to observe close-up how children are raised. I have also taught many years, and in this capacity had a chance to observe the behavior of Thai children. 

Having read on another thread that by your own admission your Thai is rudimentary at best, I have to ask on what basis you have developed your opinionated views on this subject? I would also like to challenge the usual 'Thai-male-bashing' suspects on threads such as this, how they have become such authorities on Thai males, when it is quite apparent that many of them also have limited Thai language skills, and often proudly proclaim that they studiously avoid contact with Thai males whenever possible.

The Thai male bashing on this forum is an embarrassment. In my opinion, it's driven by foreign men seeking to rationalize and justify their sexual exploitation of Thai women (whether you're talking about holiday-makers or long-stay visitors). This needs to stop.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

absolutely agree .....  I would haze at a guess he's a ya ba addict,   not too mental to learn Muay Thai,  not too mental to join the army,     but to mental to ride the motorbike and not heed his mums advice ....  remove him from society

I would have thought that being mentally handicapped was a prerequisite to join the army.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Jeesuz there is a new one of these stories every day...

yes ,  seems to be a lot of mama killings and girlfriend killings lately .....       thais are ' ya ba ' addicts and they are crazy sob's when they get drunk ...  most are POS imo,   you only have to walk a soi with food and the odd bar and you will soon see the lunatics. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, steven100 said:

yes ,  seems to be a lot of mama killings and girlfriend killings lately .....       thais are ' ya ba ' addicts and they are crazy sob's when they get drunk ...  most are POS imo,   you only have to walk a soi with food and the odd bar and you will soon see the lunatics. 

What countries have you lived in?

In my experience, Scots, English, Finnish, and Germans are much crazier than Thais.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, jaiyenyen said:

I would agree with this. Wife's son was introduced to Yaba at age 16. By 18, his brain was fried. Extreme paranoia, hearing voices 24 hrs a day. talking and laughing to himself. We got him to a doctor who prescribed some pretty strong meds for him. The problem is that no-one knows what mood he's going to be in. I know this will sound dramatic, but it's absolutely true, sometimes one look into his eyes is enough to tell you to avoid him completely.

He sees a psychiatrist every 2 weeks and we've  pleaded with her to hospitalise him but there's nothing available. Just keep taking the meds...........For the rest of his life.

Should have got him to an NA meeting instead of a Doctor.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

The Thai male bashing on this forum is an embarrassment. In my opinion, it's driven by foreign men seeking to rationalize and justify their sexual exploitation of Thai women (whether you're talking about holiday-makers or long-stay visitors). This needs to stop.

You win the post of the day.

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

1, What makes you think that there is any sexual exploitation taking place and 2, What makes you think that supposed "Thai bashing" is being used to justify this sexual exploitation?

The men have women that they'd never have a hope of getting in their own countries.

They bash Thai men to justify their insane belief that their women prefers farang.

Thai women prefer Thai men.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, connda said:

Another brutal murder which is passed off by the BIB as a case of a mentally disturbed young man who, no doubt, probably needs love and compassion and hugs and should probably never need to be put in prison - heavens no - but release when he Wais and apologizes and becomes a monk for a few days.  Oh my goodness, the poor young man.  Oh my.  ????

He obviously is mentally disturbed.

You have no idea of the justice system if you think this guy will be released.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alextrat1966 said:

It's funny you preach this, cuz as far as I can see you would fail point 1 already ????

Ridiculous bashing, based on jealous and superiority complex.

Take a deep good look at yourself.

You got it

37 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Should have got him to an NA meeting instead of a Doctor.

It was already too late by the time we found out what was going on.

He tested negative on his first visit to the doctor. The damage had already been done.

He was never the sharpest tool in the box but when they gave him an IQ test, he scored 69. I believe this officially classes him as an idiot. He's unable to do even the simplest of tasks.

In many other countries the government would supply him and the family some kind of help and support but here................The family are left to try and deal with it.

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

They bash Thai men to justify their insane belief that their women prefers farang.

I'm sure some do.  Still more seem only too well aware of the situation.

And what about sexual exploitation?  You buy that?  Mutual exploitation, perhaps.  Certainly both partners seem to be informed and consenting.