Sending a passport, which courier?

Hi all, I guess this is visa related, as I need to send my passport from Phuket to Bangkok to make a visa, but Kerry refused according to their policy. Any recommendations on other domestic couriers (or EMS) from any of you guys who did it before? Thanks!

2 minutes ago, BritTim said:

My experience with Thai Post EMS have always been fine. Going back 20 years or so, there were cases of pilfering from parcels sent via Thailand Post, but I have seen no reports of this in recent years, especially when using EMS.

I wish i could say the same about the Thai Post .My experience has not been good over the seven years i have lived here in Thailand .

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Never a problem with ThaiPost EMS

DHL & FedEx, I personally would avoid, and they probably use ThaiPost anyway to ship things, so 1 or 2 people less to handle your PP.

Anyone notice any inter-province DHL or FedEx trucks or planes ? ????

I used to drive / truck 'air freight' every day, from Philly to Harrisburg PA, USA.  Even did special runs, air freight again, from Philly to Miami.  It isn't always what you think.  And at that express AF premium price ????.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, itsari said:

Kerry sent my passport from Chiang Mai to Bangkok with no questions asked for a price of 25 baht . 

I have faith in Kerry but not with Thai Post 

25 baht is cheap. I think I will use Kerry in the future.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

25 baht is cheap. I think I will use Kerry in the future.

I was asking for the price a second time as I was surprised at the price . The passport was sent back using Kerry and I took notice that the price was 35 baht . 

I never thought that I'd entrust my passport with any delivery services. But my agent has been sending it back through EMS and Kerry Express. Both worked perfectly. EMS took 1 day while Kerry Express delivered on the same day (Bkk to Bkk).

I won't lie, I was always nervous for something to go wrong though.. Although I never had issues with any delivery services yet for 14 years in Thailand now.

• Like 2

Kerry. Trusted and reliable. Used them to send important documents from Phuket to BKK. Sent without fuss. Arrived without fuss. I also used Kerry in Cambodia and they didn't disappoint.

DHL too. Was a bit apprehensive initially as I was sending irreplaceable documents to Germany but they delivered as promised with flying colours.  

16 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

If cheap is the criteria for sending valuable documents be happy with it.

Kerry usually does not even find my house without doing a phone call which I direct to the daughter.

Kerry always finds my house, whereas Thai post can not, nothing delivered for 2 years ! plus. Kerry always phone before, IMO just to check I'm in.

2 hours ago, robertson468 said:

You don't say why, or do you just dislike things Thai?

Kerry is a Thai company , so why are you asking if I like things Thai ?

Why i do not use the Thai post is because they fail to deliver the goods and the people working in the post office where i live need a lesson in how to treat a customer . Like most Government run businesses around the world .

2 hours ago, itsari said:

Kerry is a Thai company , so why are you asking if I like things Thai ?

Why i do not use the Thai post is because they fail to deliver the goods and the people working in the post office where i live need a lesson in how to treat a customer . Like most Government run businesses around the world .

I agree with the government run businesses, although I must say the Post offices in my area (Kata & Karon, Phuket) are reliable and efficient, and staff were always delightful (from my personal experience), especially EMS.

Kerry always gets my vote for receiving the goods, because they always call before delivery.

For sending, I prefer EMS because Post office is 1 minute from my condo... One time I tried Kerry app for pickup booking, they absolutely failed on all levels (I called their CS, which is abroad, they even couldn't see confirmed booking in the system, then local CS called me and we canceled the booking, and then 3 hours later Kerry guy was in my lobby to pick up the 'canceled' shipment (which I've sent with EMS 3 hours ago, eh...), I uninstalled the app...

Kerry is Chinese now, SF bought them, not to say their service will get worse, because SF is actually pretty efficient in HK & China, but... that Belt and Road thingy is creeping in, slowly and everywhere... (Darth Vader 'Imperial March' theme now playing in the background, lol)

• Thanks 1

Just now, sallecc said:

I agree with the government run businesses, although I must say the Post offices in my area (Kata & Karon, Phuket) are reliable and efficient, and staff were always delightful (from my personal experience), especially EMS.

Kerry always gets my vote for receiving the goods, because they always call before delivery.

For sending, I prefer EMS because Post office is 1 minute from my condo... One time I tried Kerry app for pickup booking, they absolutely failed on all levels (I called their CS, which is abroad, they even couldn't see confirmed booking in the system, then local CS called me and we canceled the booking, and then 3 hours later Kerry guy was in my lobby to pick up the 'canceled' shipment (which I've sent with EMS 3 hours ago, eh...), I uninstalled the app...

Kerry is Chinese now, SF bought them, not to say their service will get worse, because SF is actually pretty efficient in HK & China, but... that Belt and Road thingy is creeping in, slowly and everywhere... (Darth Vader 'Imperial March' theme now playing in the background, lol)

Sorry I really have no idea why AseanNow is doing these bold font paragraphs on it's own, looks ugly and they should fix that, I saw it in other people's messages too... (in this quoted text it's not bold, but if you look at my original message you'll see my meaning.