TOT , True or 3BB

NE1

I have TOT Fibre 2 U.  Over the last month it has seriously gone downhill , dropping out probably half a dozen times a day ,  and the other day it was down for 4 hours.

1100 customer service press 9 for English would not work , tried another number , got told to dial 1100 and press 9 for English , kept tyrying to explain that the option did not work and the nice lady hung up on me.

Now over the last Two days we have had True and 3BB round our area with offers that are better than my present TOT package.

Is anyone of these better than the others , or do people have problems like I do with other providers.

Location , Sticks Ratchaburi .

Been on the Fibre 1000/200 for a while . Had a red light appear on my router about 2 months ago .

We also have the friendly tech's phone number and after an hour in the house and swapping routers out and several phone calls he gave up.

Said somebody else will come in the morning .

20 mins later the Red light went off and the internet was back , but since then.......Not good.

2 hours ago, NE1 said:

Location , Sticks Ratchaburi

As suggested talk to your neighbours, and possibly opt for two suppliers.

My happy experience with TOT in Hat Yai is of zero help to you.

• Like 1

Not True :biggrin:

Haven't read much good about them here.

I had ToT for a couple of years with a special installation limited to 100 Mbit/s which was great at the time.

Some three years ago 3BB came in (now even AIS).

I decided to drop ToT and let 3BB install.

1000/500 for some 7xx Baht.

Works flawlessly.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

No need to ask neighbours. Thai use youtube and facebook only (and line). You won't get any valid feedback regarding international connectivity. 3BB should be good no matter what the location. True started to offer 2gbps internet packages in 24 cities. 

I, like the majority of people who have replied to the OP so far, would recommend 3BB. I was initially on ToT ADSL which wasn't very fast or reliable (no experience of ToT fibre). I switched to 3BB in May 2017 and I'm currently on the 1000/500 package for 749 baht a month. Not interested in their TV option. Overall the availability and reliability has been excellent. The technicians respond quickly after I place a call (think I've only placed 2 calls in nearly 5 years). This is semi-rural Buriram. Very good comment from @Stocky"depends where you live". 

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1

I was with TOT with inet and IPTV - the TV content gradually went down but not the price. Couldn't fault the TOT support but I was paying 1200 baht a month. I had been with 3BB before with no complaints but I moved to "the sticks" and they couldn't supply - now they can - paying 738 baht including TV with channels I can watch in English. I feel sorry for TOT  staff - the techies are fine but the marketing/sales senior management appear to have no idea of (or don't care about) farang customer needs.

• Like 2

A few years back AIS offered 50% discount for 12 months to move from another provider. 3BB offered 50% for 6 months. Only needed to show your current provider bill. Not sure if they stiff offer discounts, but worth asking. I run both AIS and 3BB, load balanced using my own router and their PONs only. Both work well in my experience. The idea of "it depends on your location" is far less a problem if you're on an optical network. It was far more prevalent in the DSL days.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...