Will Western tourists ever go off visiting Thailand?

webfact

For me the government can continue the same for another year! Never been a better time for me personally to stay in Thailand! Easy and cheep travelling around, still the best restaurants, and a drink or two have so far not been a problem to find or a place to enjoy! 

But I feel for everyone who suffer because of the restrictions. However I'm one of many who had to close my oversea business during these times, a decision I made in August 2020 and have lost millions in income since that time. But it was my choice to not leave Thailand during this time, so really a luxury problem instead of a real problem.

Still I have enjoyed Thailand Alot more than I had for a long long time.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

This is the bit that will change over the course of this year, some countries will lag by many months

In the UK we already see all restrictions being removed by the end of February which is just 3 weeks away.

For the more backward thinking countries it will take longer but they're not going to want to miss another high season - this is why it ends this year unless a new 'variant' which is measurably far worse.

"In the UK we already see all restrictions being removed by the end of February which is just 3 weeks away".

Do you mean "all" the restrictions? Exactly the way it was before the pandemic started? Again, I hope you are right.

2 hours ago, Mike Galley said:

Declare Covid 19 to be endemic, lift all restrictions and result can be seen.

Make it also easier for expats to stay here and Thailand will be back on the top. 

The soldier posing as a PM and his Junta don't have the education or brains to see that.

As for Chuckle Brother no2, he is properly educated, but in engineering, not qualified to be a Health Minister. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Couldn't find cheap sex as a reason why Thailand is so popular. 

https://www.asiahighlights.com/thailand/why-thailand-is-so-popular

Eric my friend, you gotta read more, here is an article you may trust. I copied relevant section as well.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_tourism

A number of countries have become popular destinations for sex tourism, including Brazil,[4][5] Costa Rica,[6][7][8] the Dominican Republic,[9] the Netherlands (particularly Amsterdam),[10][11] Kenya,[12] Colombia, Thailand,[13] 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, twix38 said:

I am just waiting until I can return without any restrictions except a PCR test to enter without any quarantine for vaccinated folk.

Then I will return to sort out my affairs and complete my relocation back to uk permanently. Far too many downsides to living in Thailand and I did that for 13 years.

Pollution, pesticides, poor air quality, hospitals not actually competent often in my experience, Sun exposure damage build up often under estimated, flipping street dogs, xenophobic population, jumping through immigration hoops, 2 tier pricing and ripoff, dangerous driving, political shambles, exch rate and no longer cheap....so much more, but I'll stop there.

Just waiting to return to leave for good!!

Interesting you have to come back to leave, have fun in the UK.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, RandiRona said:

Eric my friend, you gotta read more, here is an article you may trust. I copied relevant section as well.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_tourism

A number of countries have become popular destinations for sex tourism, including Brazil,[4][5] Costa Rica,[6][7][8] the Dominican Republic,[9] the Netherlands (particularly Amsterdam),[10][11] Kenya,[12] Colombia, Thailand,[13] 

It is an image that the government is trying to re-brand. Fortunately it is not the main reason for many tourists visiting Thailand. Profession is ever evolving but not the world oldest profession. They will always be places for some hanky panky in Thailand. 

• Like 2