Gunmen who assassinated "Jimi Singh" in Phuket have got away - they fled Thailand two days after attack

webfact

Brings to memory the hit on a Dutch criminal in Pattaya in 2005. He thought he was safe in Thailand, so far away from The Netherlands, and he even started a business in Pattaya. He was assassinated, though, and the guy who shot him was never caught, as far as I know. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Agree that it was a happier, "funner", more carefree place which never took itself too seriously...or seriously at all back then, really. Unlike now. But on The ???? stage, always been a minor bit player or stand-in. Never played a relevant, serious or major role in any Big Show. IMO...never will either. Need mature adults for that and this place is severely lacking in that department! ????

Largely true. But, unlike in the West some of the youth here seem to be better versions, than their folks. Less conventional (despite all odds), more curious, more progressive, and more creative.

The youth here are Thailand's only hope. The dinosaur leaders are very narrow in their focus. Money and power. They seem to care not one iota for their people, nor for the future of the nation. A very sad and pathetic lot. Money, money, money. No values, no morals, no integrity. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andycoops said:

What was it that top cop said just a few days ago, you can trust us and other mumbo jumbo and yet the keystone cops perform to type yet again.

Where is BJ?

He would have shut down the borders tighter than a nuns knickers.

He is a total fraud. A press monger. He was sent into exile for good reason, way back when. Why he was allowed back into a high profile position is anyone's guess. A huge mistake. 

3 hours ago, connda said:

Put out an Interpol Red Notice! They work great.  Just ask the Red Bull "Boss!"  :thumbsup:

Interpol red notices frequently work well. When they are requested by a nation that commands respect and has credibility. What little Thailand may have once had is gone, baby gone. Why would they bother to send him back, knowing he is totally above the law here? 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Brings to memory the hit on a Dutch criminal in Pattaya in 2005. He thought he was safe in Thailand, so far away from The Netherlands, and he even started a business in Pattaya. He was assassinated, though, and the guy who shot him was never caught, as far as I know. 

Do you mean the guy with the Red Porsche? 

Can't trust  fiefdoms or mafias. The best way to deflect is to "officially shutdown" an investigation. Who are you going to appeal to? Incompetence, lack of critical thinking skills, complicity, bowing to power, and corrupt interests are another name for a pourous border. Funny that they can spot an hour overstay if you are an ordinary foreigner. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Suwat said that the RTP know the identity of the assassins and are preparing the paperwork to have them arrested abroad and brought back to Thailand. 

Why bother. The 'paperwork' failed to turn up even the slightest information as to the whereabouts of the Krating Daeng scion.

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

They seem to care not one iota for their people, nor for the future of the nation.

I think it’s safe to drop the word ‘seem’ there. It’s glaringly obvious that Dear Leader and his cronies don’t give two hoots about their people, or the future of the nation. But unless there is some kind of revolution, I don’t see any big changes on the horizon any time soon.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SbuxPlease said:

Isn't this kind of best case scenario for the RTP? I mean, now they don't need to investigate anything, nor solve any crimes. The dead guy is a foreigner. The criminals are now outside Thailand. It's someone else's problem now, as they say.

But they've still got the small matter of the estate of the deceased chap to account for/dispose of.????

13 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

They surely never came in with guns or left with guns. So there must be a third party in Thailand that supplied, and disposed, of them guns. The police need to concentrate on who the third party was. Catch them/him and the house of cards will tumble. 

If you have money you can procure guns in every country in the world. The sellers may have no association with the buyers, but as you say they can try. 

1 hour ago, rudi49jr said:

I think it’s safe to drop the word ‘seem’ there. It’s glaringly obvious that Dear Leader and his cronies don’t give two hoots about their people, or the future of the nation. But unless there is some kind of revolution, I don’t see any big changes on the horizon any time soon.

Why are you people even in Thailand if wherever you come from is a utopia? There are no gangs or murders in your perfect homeland? 

9 hours ago, SbuxPlease said:

Isn't this kind of best case scenario for the RTP? I mean, now they don't need to investigate anything, nor solve any crimes. The dead guy is a foreigner. The criminals are now outside Thailand. It's someone else's problem now, as they say.

I was just thinking the RTP should track down the hitmen's address just to send a thank you card. How efficient, no stand offs, no shoot outs, they should welcome this kind of service, like having a foreigner take the trash out for free????

All foreigners enter here are fingerprinted. Canada still require a PCR test, and most airlines still do, even if the country does not. If accurate reporting that they left, these killers sure had their escaped planned.

If something look like a fish, and smells like a fish, it is .........

Edited by node
Typo

4 hours ago, SteveAZ said:

Why are you people even in Thailand if wherever you come from is a utopia? There are no gangs or murders in your perfect homeland? 

Where did I mention gangs and murders? All I stated is that it’s quite obvious that the Thai junta doesn’t care about its people or the future of the nation. It’s all about money and power and protecting the interests of the powers that be.