Pattaya: Nurse steals dying ICU patient's ATM card and gets his cash out of the machine

webfact

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

Yes, I disagree. The West worships money and those that have it no different than Thailand, and the rich and powerful have a different set of rules and standards than the rest of us.

Do you think people like Harvey Weinstein, Bernie Madoff and similar might have been locked up in Thailand, or free as an ex PM, or Red Bull heir? The differences are stark......

39 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Do you think people like Harvey Weinstein, Bernie Madoff and similar might have been locked up in Thailand, or free as an ex PM, or Red Bull heir? The differences are stark......

I thought we were talking about Thailands worship of money, but there have been plenty of rich and powerful people in the US that got away with serious crimes because of their position, so don't tell me corruption at highest levels doesn't exist elsewhere.  At least Thailand isn't guilty of invading other countries and causing the death of millions.

Edited by giddyup

35 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I thought we were talking about Thailands worship of money, but there have been plenty of rich and powerful people in the US that got away with serious crimes because of their position, so don't tell me corruption at highest levels doesn't exist elsewhere.  At least Thailand isn't guilty of invading other countries and causing the death of millions.

I did not say it did not exist..... Aren't you going somewhat astray?

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I did not say it did not exist..... Aren't you going somewhat astray?

You went astray by introducing crime and corruption into the mix when the subject was Thailands love of money. Do you want to go back and read the posts?

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You went astray by introducing crime and corruption into the mix when the subject was Thailands love of money. Do you want to go back and read the posts?

The subject is actually a thieving Thai nurse/not nurse in Thailand. 

Your first post here was bringing up Dr Shipman

Your second was agreeing Money #1 in Thailand....

Not sure what your argument is.....except distraction and pointing elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The subject is actually a thieving Thai nurse/not nurse in Thailand. 

Your first post here was bringing up Dr Shipman

Your second was agreeing Money #1 in Thailand....

Not sure what your argument is.....except distraction and pointing elsewhere.

My argument was against those who seem to think theft and corruption only exist in Thailand.  I also responded to someone who seemed to think that the love of money only existed in Thailand. Some here are so one-eyed that they seem incapable of recognising that corruption and money worship exists everywhere. What's your excuse for introducing Red Bull?  BTW, I never agreed money was #1 in Thailand, I said it was #1 everywhere. You seem to have a problem with reading posts. I'll leave it there, what do they say about being dragged down to their level?

Edited by giddyup

22 minutes ago, giddyup said:

My argument was against those who seem to think theft and corruption only exist in Thailand.  I also responded to someone who seemed to think that the love of money only existed in Thailand.

This is the Thailand part of the forum so perhaps you should restrict yourself to that.... nobody said those things do not exist in other countries before you started preaching.

Just now, Leaver said:

Sure, but is that a reason to resort to crime?  

I mean, is there a famine here in Thailand?  Do you see malnutrition?  

Perhaps you are just another Thai apologist.    

You "perhaps" is wrong. Thai folk stick together, that's how it's always been, they feed each other or use their heads, Mrs.Trans for instance, as a kid on her way home from school had to scan the hedgerows for edible stuff.

The west probably has more crime than LOS, and the crimes are from people with money, no money but don't want to work and basic ass_oles...... 

As I was mini-cab driver in London from 50 years back, I know....????

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, giddyup said:

They do everywhere. Why do you keep singling Thailand out?

Probably because robbery, theft, cons, scams, deceptions etc here are higher than in poorer countries, much poorer countries, where it possibly could be understandable.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Probably because robbery, theft, cons, scams, deceptions etc here are higher than in poorer countries, much poorer countries, where it possibly could be understandable.

You are an expert on the subject then, I look forward to reading your links on the subject..????

PS. No bar stool recordings, please.....????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

As I have stated in the past, I am here for the sun, sea, sand, seafood, suds, and snatch.  Thailand has an abundance of this, and it's great.  

I am not here to pay a Thai prostitute to marry me, adopt an extended Thai family in Issan, buy a property that I can not truly own, buy a busines and enslave myself to a Thai landlord, and get a Thai tattoo of Buddha to show how Thai I am.  ????

I know this attitude may be difficult for some to accept.  I am the opposite to a Thai apologist.  

Not difficult for me to accept, probably many like that who can't "make it" in their own country..????

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, transam said:

You "perhaps" is wrong. Thai folk stick together, that's how it's always been, they feed each other or use their heads, Mrs.Trans for instance, as a kid on her way home from school had to scan the hedgerows for edible stuff.

The west probably has more crime than LOS, and the crimes are from people with money, no money but don't want to work and basic ass_oles...... 

As I was mini-cab driver in London from 50 years back, I know....????

Interesting background.  Thanks for sharing.

Can I ask, what does Mrs. Trans think about the inequality in Thailand?   Does he view such inequality as a justification for many of her fellow country people to resort to crime?  

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, transam said:

Mrs.Trans for instance, as a kid on her way home from school had to scan the hedgerows for edible stuff.

That's what can be seen daily in every village. And not by poor people, that's their vegetable garden. My wife picks it up occasionally too.

In fact, many years ago there was an action by govt to support special hedges - and provide the seeds for that - for such growing on and around a fence.  Of course, the action was connected with corruption, that was the main purpose, people know how to help themselves.