Woman who robbed dying man in Pattaya is "not a nurse" says hospital director - "she looks after patients"

webfact

11 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

So, you're telling me, that nurse at the Patpong bar the other night was not a real nurse?

She might be an Orderly

an attendant in a hospital responsible for the non-medical care of patients and the maintenance of order and cleanliness.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikebell said:
12 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Such as?

Big Joke - four days ago;

'The case related back to July 2011 when a group of twelve men were facing charges related to taking bribes from a karaoke establishment.' 

Where's the rest of the article for context and relevance?!   

You can't, credibly, just type out one isolated sentence as evidence of the "Thai Justice system being so overworked by VIPs' appeals dating back ten years" as though it's commonplace and preventing the normal operation of the justice system.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where's the rest of the article for context and relevance?!   

You can't, credibly, just type out one isolated sentence as evidence of the "Thai Justice system being so overworked by VIPs' appeals dating back ten years" as though it's commonplace and preventing the normal operation of the justice system.

The rest of the article was published on this site 5 days ago. If it will help free me from your tasks, I accept I generalised about appeals lasting ten years.

Lordy, lordy be.  The  lady??  may lose her job and face  criminal prosecution!!!      How  about they get real  strong and give her a good thrashing with a wet lettuce leaf??...   And no, she is not a nurse, as  has been stated by    the hospital administratiion, shes just a bloody common thief.

32 minutes ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

Lordy, lordy be.  The  lady??  may lose her job and face  criminal prosecution!!!      How  about they get real  strong and give her a good thrashing with a wet lettuce leaf??...   And no, she is not a nurse, as  has been stated by    the hospital administratiion, shes just a bloody common thief.

Reminds me of Puns for Europe many years ago. Lettuce leaf together as my marmite say and I'll betroot to you. I think the show was ' I'm sorry i'll read that again '.

On 2/12/2022 at 4:06 PM, Henryford said:

She looks after patients in an ICU but is not a nurse !!!

That's probably correct. A nurse has a recognised qualification and is trained to carry out medical procedures, and sometimes unqualified people are used to sit and observe the patient or give them a wash. I did that as a student in ICU once- just sat with a dying patient, but I wasn't qualified to do any medical treatments. It would only be a problem if she had been expected to give drugs or carry out a Dr's instructions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leaver said:
On 2/14/2022 at 12:06 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Er, no, the Red Bull case has nothing, whatsoever, to do with "VIP appeals overworking the justice system.

Errr, yes, it does.  

Go on, then, explain specifically, how the Red Bull case is contributing to "VIP appeals overworking the justice system" (to quote some other poster to whom I was responding).

24 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Go on, then, explain specifically, how the Red Bull case is contributing to "VIP appeals overworking the justice system" (to quote some other poster to whom I was responding).

Is the Red Bull heir a VIP?  Yes?

Has his case taken up police and the judicial system's time?  Yes.  

It meets the criteria, does it not?

On 2/13/2022 at 11:39 AM, spidermike007 said:

A society that is so pathologically afraid of losing face, to the point where it will not impose sanctions, or penalties on those found guilty of moral or ethical breaches, is a broken society. A morally bankrupt society. Purification, and homogenization of Thailand is not the answer. Looking within for the source of the problems is. 

Certainly, some aspects of Thai culture are holding back the country's progress, to the point Thailand is slipping behind other nations who it was once leading.  

Without a proper democratically elected government here, and I can't see that happening any time in the near future, the regress will continue to a point that if, or when, change does come, it will take decades to get back to where the country should have been.   

8 years of a military government has probably put Thailand back 20 years, and there's no end in sight.     

• Thanks 1

On 2/18/2022 at 7:32 PM, Leaver said:

Certainly, some aspects of Thai culture are holding back the country's progress, to the point Thailand is slipping behind other nations who it was once leading.  

Without a proper democratically elected government here, and I can't see that happening any time in the near future, the regress will continue to a point that if, or when, change does come, it will take decades to get back to where the country should have been.   

8 years of a military government has probably put Thailand back 20 years, and there's no end in sight.     

how do you come to that conclusion?

Thailand was ruled by the military for a great part of the time since the 1930s, and yet it became the country we all loved anyway.

Perhaps you have an issue with specific people in the government, but IMO just being ruled by the military is no worse than by certain politicians elected by popular vote.

On 2/18/2022 at 7:32 PM, Leaver said:

Without a proper democratically elected government here, and I can't see that happening any time in the near future,

Do you actually believe that a "proper democratically elected government" is possible in Thailand? IMO they may have "democratically elected" but the "proper" is where I have my doubts.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps you have an issue with specific people in the government, but IMO just being ruled by the military is no worse than by certain politicians elected by popular vote.

Although presumably one can get rid of the latter when unhappy. We seem to be stuck with the current 'choice'......

On 2/20/2022 at 3:48 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

how do you come to that conclusion?

Thailand was ruled by the military for a great part of the time since the 1930s, and yet it became the country we all loved anyway.

The problem with being ruled by a military government if the citizens don't have a say in who is governing THEIR country.  Government was taken at the barrel of gun, not at the ballot box.  

Thailand has so much potential, but until there is some type of revolution here to become a proper democracy, it will continue to be a 3rd World Country, thus slipping further and further behind.