Covid latest: Thailand prepares to donate vaccine to six needy countries

webfact

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAivXaZL5jIqpSjt1C94sj8Hv2y03NV6b9QNe3QMl.jpg

Thai PBS reported that Thailand will soon be donating vaccine - Astra Zeneca - to countries in need. 

Myanmar will be getting up to a million doses, Laos and Vietnam 300,000 each, Nepal 400,000, Kenya 550,000 and Ethiopia a million.

In addition 400,140 doses of Pfizer from France and 122,400 doses of Astra Zeneca from Singapore received in reciprocal arrangements will be returned. 

CCSA spokesman Dr Taveesin Visanuyothin said that despite cases being on the rise - particularly in tourist areas where alcohol is allowed - there were no plans to change the color designations yet.

He called on the public to ensure this continued and cases don't spiral into the tens of thousands by adopting the necessary preventive measures to limit spread of the virus. 

Health insurance plans that meet the long stay visa requirements

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-02-14

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bdenner said:

Was wondering what they were going to do with all the unwanted Sinovac they bought last year. Will the commissions go with the "donations"?

Its (Sinovac) expiring in 30 days.

Thailand never gives anything for free.  They'll ask for something.

• Like 2

Beginning to look like a game of hot potato!

Not sure why they are sending to Ethiopia, less than 2 % vaccinated and cases and deaths declining!

I would send them back, they seems to be a direct correlation between number of jabs and number of cases!

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/countries-and-territories/ethiopia/

Edited by ed strong
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

I dont know anyone who had sinovac,even all the Thais we know said no thanks.

Most of us in Phuket were all originally vaccinated with Sinovac ahead of the sandbox opening. And, most of my Thai friends didn't want AZ as a booster as they didn't trust the side effects. Many ended up with Pzier.

11 hours ago, Karma80 said:

Most of us in Phuket were all originally vaccinated with Sinovac ahead of the sandbox opening. And, most of my Thai friends didn't want AZ as a booster as they didn't trust the side effects. Many ended up with Pzier.

Most i know got 2 az and phizer booster

On 2/15/2022 at 8:16 AM, bert bloggs said:

Most i know got 2 az and phizer booster

People with work permits got 2 x Sinovac as the first tranche. The AZ option came later, as I recall, for non-work permit holders. But yes, Pfizer for the booster.

Edited by Karma80

On 2/14/2022 at 3:10 PM, swm59nj said:

Sure donate it to other countries.  While they barely can take care of themselves 

I went for a booster a few days ago, hardly anyone there.

It is up to people to take care of themselves.

Sounds like people would prefer they followed the UK lead, let it expire and throw it away.