How many forms and copies (How many pieces of paper) was required of me for 90 day Non-O Visa??

i didn't have to produce much to change my visa exempt entry to a non O 'retirement' at CW in bkk.  i had to copy my lease, my bank book, and a few pages of my passport.  i had originals of my rental receipts for the previous 3 months.  and original bank letter.  and a printout from my apt mgr showing my status in the TM30 system.  my landlord gave me the copy of the lease so i didn't really have to do anything on that.  and i used the copy services at CW for the bank book and passport.  i didn't count the pages of all this but it didn't feel like 'stack' of papers.  i don't understand the handrawn map thing, is that to prove i know where i live ?  they asked me to do that along with fill in some other forms and i forgot to do the map.  and they forgot to ask for it again so i was able to skip that one.  but i got to draw it when i did the 12 month extension a couple months later.

31 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

You probably mean "Extension of stay" and not the 90 days report.

How many forms and copies (How many pieces of paper) was required of me for 90 day Non-O Visa??

90 day Non O Visa, next I'll do the 12 mos extension. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

90 day Non O Visa, next I'll do the 12 mos extension. 

Here is what I provided at CW for extension. May be of assistance when you apply. 

Money in bank method.

1. Bank letter and photocopies bankbook pages.

2. Photocopies of required pages from passport and TM6 (well covered in many threads.

3. Map of my condo location (not hand drawn)

4. Copy first page of lease. (not looked at and I doubt if was required).

NOT required:

1. I did not provide a TM30.

Note you may need one as it's your first extension. 

2. I had original of my last 90 report and she started typing info from it into computer as it was 3 days past due date.

I pointed out that I had posted (mail) for current 90 report already. She stopped and pushed the report receipt back to me.

90 report not required.

Only photocopies of bank pages required not statements. 

Note only one set of copies provided. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Here is what I provided at CW for extension. May be of assistance when you apply. 

Money in bank method.

1. Bank letter and photocopies bankbook pages.

2. Photocopies of required pages from passport and TM6 (well covered in many threads.

3. Map of my condo location (not hand drawn)

4. Copy first page of lease. (not looked at and I doubt if was required).

NOT required:

1. I did not provide a TM30.

Note you may need one as it's your first extension. 

2. I had original of my last 90 report and she started typing info from it into computer as it was 3 days past due date.

I pointed out that I had posted (mail) for current 90 report already. She stopped and pushed the report receipt back to me.

90 report not required.

Only photocopies of bank pages required not statements. 

Note only one set of copies provided. 

Thanks, I'm going the 65K deposit route for extension, I have the TM 30 stapled in passport along with depart card. I have to call back in 2 weeks to see if 90 Non O is approved, already paid.

5 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Thanks, I'm going the 65K deposit route for extension, I have the TM 30 stapled in passport along with depart card. I have to call back in 2 weeks to see if 90 Non O is approved, already paid.

It's approved already.

Your returning just for stamp. 

Does your embassy provide income letter? 

Edited by DrJack54

6 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

So glad I have a Certificate of Residence (PR), issued 24 years ago. Never ever have to visit an immigration office nor supply bank letters, lease agreements, nor do 90 day reports etc.

(Never even have to visit an immigration office; except to get an exit & re-entry stamp as needed, all very mechanical, no 'approvals or interviews' of any sort, all completed very quickly.)

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It's approved already.

It is sent to the division headquarters for approval. The local office only accepts the application.

Unlike extension applications there is no under consideration period for visa applications.

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

No

He already tried to use one year of the transfers to apply for the non-o visa.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

It is sent to the division headquarters for approval. The local office only accepts the application.

Has an application ever been accepted by local office and forwarded and subsequently rejected at division headquarters? 

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It's approved already.

Your returning just for stamp. 

US doesn't. But that would be a pain in the ass as well going to Bangkok for income letter.

I'm assuming it's been approved, I paid for it already. I'll get it done, just saying the agent for those with money to burn is good alternative.

4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I'm assuming it's been approved, I paid for it already. I'll get it done, just saying the agent for those with money to burn is good alternative.

I wrote this earlier. It is similar to getting a extension based upon marriage approved.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Unlike extension applications there is no under consideration period for visa applications.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Nope, 800K in bank. I even had to draw a map to my house. Something I've been chuckling about when I read about guys with marriage visa.

I can't say I've ever had to draw a map for my visa based on marriage. I know where I live and I could probably do a map although it might depend on how detailed they want it.

4 minutes ago, kimamey said:

I can't say I've ever had to draw a map for my visa based on marriage. I know where I live and I could probably do a map although it might depend on how detailed they want it.

You would if you applied for a non-o visa at immigration.

"Other Relevant Documents such as; Rental Agreement between the Applicant and The Landlord. With a copy of ID card and House Registration of the Landlord (certified true copy by the Landlord) : Condo or House purchase agreement ; Location the house or condo map and a rental receipt Past three months."

Source:  https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/6-สมรส-รหัสO.pdf

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Makes my decision to obtain a 90 day Non O at home country Thai Embassy for my return here easier.....

I had a 90 day Non O visa the last time I travelled to Thailand in December 2019. My financial situation was a bit complicated so I couldn't show the financial requirements at the time although it was all sorted in January. I was advised on here to to use the consulate in Cardiff in the UK to get a 90 day Non Imm O visa as that didn't have financial requirements. A long drive but a nice day so pretty easy.

I didn't know you could still get them although it might depend on your home country.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You would if you applied for a non-o visa at immigration.

"Other Relevant Documents such as; Rental Agreement between the Applicant and The Landlord. With a copy of ID card and House Registration of the Landlord (certified true copy by the Landlord) : Condo or House purchase agreement ; Location the house or condo map and a rental receipt Past three months."

Source:  https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/6-สมรส-รหัสO.pdf

It's possible I've never done that. Until Covid I normally switched between the UK and Thailand every 3 months and applied for the visa before travelling.  I applied for an extension to a 90 day Non Imm O visa in March 2020 but before that my memory gets a bit vague.

I do remember having to take the village head and a neighbour to the Khon Kaen immigration office which I think was related to to a marriage visa. They both seemed happy after took them for a meal.

10 minutes ago, kimamey said:

I do remember having to take the village head and a neighbour to the Khon Kaen immigration office which I think was related to to a marriage visa. They both seemed happy after took them for a meal.

I think you have forgotten about needing a map to your house since that is standard requirement for a one year extension based upon marriage to a Thai.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think you have forgotten about needing a map to your house since that is standard requirement for a one year extension based upon marriage to a Thai.

I do remember now drawing a map at home so I'd know how to do it when needed but I don't remember doing it after that. Either it was so simple I've forgotten or they just didn't bother.

2 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

are you serious man? what about all the investment income you lose BR having 800k festering in a Thai Bank account? you'll be kicking yourself in the end once you tot up the opportunity cost of the dead money.

Go ahead man

Lay all them, 100% risk free investment opportunities on us all.

Are you also suggesting,  getting a third party ( agent) to bribe a immigration officer to circumvent the 800k money in the bank method rules.? or did i read your post wrong ?

Also doing this could be a problem down the road if the rules change slightly and you don't have the funds to show immigration one way or the other.

BTW everything has a cost in life even Thailand.

Edited by Orinoco

14 hours ago, kimamey said:

I had a 90 day Non O visa the last time I travelled to Thailand in December 2019. My financial situation was a bit complicated so I couldn't show the financial requirements at the time although it was all sorted in January. I was advised on here to to use the consulate in Cardiff in the UK to get a 90 day Non Imm O visa as that didn't have financial requirements. A long drive but a nice day so pretty easy.

I didn't know you could still get them although it might depend on your home country.

Thai Embassy email from Canada, application 90 day Non O ( retirement ) requires the 800k in a Thai bank or home country bank - 2 options makes it easier........

• Like 1

Is this guy talking about 90 day report or 12 month ext based on marriage??

I have Non O marriage visa, and report for 90 day with (TM47) and that's it, no other paperwork required, in and out 15 mins, has been the same since early last year, they told me they only require all the copies of passport and other relevant documentation for 12 month ext.

Not 90 day, but headed to IMM tomorrow, with the required 100+ pieces of paper to ext my marriage visa.  Sadly, if a retirement visa, it would only be about 25 less pieces submitted (lease, owner's ID, Blue book, marriage cert & certified verification & wife's ID & house book X 2).  Although I'll probably still need wife's info for retirement, since yellow book will be from her blue book.

Only thing different, no need for witness with retirement visa & issued day of applying.   All fairly easy to do still, just silly & redundant paperwork.  Not that they don't have 80 copies of the same from prior years.

20 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Is this guy talking about 90 day report or 12 month ext based on marriage??

I have Non O marriage visa, and report for 90 day with (TM47) and that's it, no other paperwork required, in and out 15 mins, has been the same since early last year, they told me they only require all the copies of passport and other relevant documentation for 12 month ext.

90 Day Non-O with 800K

9 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Thai Embassy email from Canada, application 90 day Non O ( retirement ) requires the 800k in a Thai bank or home country bank - 2 options makes it easier........

The 90 day visa that I applied for in 2019 there were no financial requirements which is why I used it to enable me to get a visa whilst I was sorting out my finances which I did the following month. A visa based on retirement would require 800k baht but unless it's changed it has to be in a Thai bank. It would be easier if it could be in my home country as I have that amount already and I only need 400k baht as I would be applying based on marriage.

I'm assuming at the moment that I will need that for an extension but not for the initial 90 days. I did have 400k in a Thai bank but I moved some to my wife's account as she needed it and I'll replace it when I get back.  I'm not sure how the embassy wants to proof of finances these days.