If Covid extension is denied is the '7 days to leave country' stamp counting form the day of application or a day visa expires?

Currently on Koh Phangan, just had my covid extension refused " No Way", immigration there very very tough, ended up with 60 day covid ext, 8,000 baht through local agent.

14/2- 14/4. Been offered 12 month business visa  for 50,000, next option. 28 years old, coming off 60 day covid, 12 month volunteer previous to that. Anyone with Volunteer in passport- Red flag to immigration.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Barry Morris said:

Currently on Koh Phangan, just had my covid extension refused " No Way", immigration there very very tough, ended up with 60 day covid ext, 8,000 baht through local agent.

14/2- 14/4. Been offered 12 month business visa  for 50,000, next option. 28 years old, coming off 60 day covid, 12 month volunteer previous to that. Anyone with Volunteer in passport- Red flag to immigration.

Thanks for making things so much harder for the rest of us who abide by the rules.  Why I needed 108 pages to extend my visa yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 2/16/2022 at 4:26 PM, RedArmy said:

Bad advice 

Also - Had a report on here a few weeks ago of problems with KP Immigration issuing Covid Extensions.

3 hours ago, Barry Morris said:

Currently on Koh Phangan, just had my covid extension refused " No Way", immigration there very very tough

I did advise to avoid KP immigration earlier in this thread a few days ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedArmy said:

As I understand it, people on volunteer visas have been having issues getting COVID extensions nationwide, it's not necessarily a problem specific to KP. I suggested KP because OP, like me, is on a tourist visa, not a volunteer visa.

1 hour ago, RedArmy said:

People belive what members here says.Just want to remind everybody that people who says ."no problem"is NOT working in the immigration.If i need some answers about my visa i contact the immigration.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Barry Morris said:

It would not have mattered where you went, KP or otherwise. Your Non-Immigrant visa disqualified you from a covid extension. You have effectively circumvented that with an agent *cough* bribe...but I suspect you will end up paying more again come 14/4 as you now have no other options, and you cannot apply for extensions anywhere else in the country now except for KP.   

Edited by audaciousnomad
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 4:26 PM, RedArmy said:

Bad advice !!!

KP does not have an airport so cannot fly there - Can fly to Samui & take the ferry - And if travelling via this route, why not just apply at Samui Immigration ??

Also - Had a report on here a few weeks ago of problems with KP Immigration issuing Covid Extensions.

tell more please?  I heard Samui is issuing them just as they have the past 2 years.  No suprises. 

Hope this is true

On 2/18/2022 at 8:48 AM, Barry Morris said:

You have contacts you can share for that 8k 60 day and 50k one year options please?

On 2/18/2022 at 2:27 PM, audaciousnomad said:

It would not have mattered where you went, KP or otherwise. Your Non-Immigrant visa disqualified you from a covid extension. You have effectively circumvented that with an agent *cough* bribe...but I suspect you will end up paying more again come 14/4 as you now have no other options, and you cannot apply for extensions anywhere else in the country now except for KP.   

why would you no longer be able to apply for extensions elsewhere? 

On 2/18/2022 at 9:50 AM, KhunLA said:

Thanks for making things so much harder for the rest of us who abide by the rules.  Why I needed 108 pages to extend my visa yesterday.

Did @Barry Morris make things harder for you, or was it the Immigration who was scheming with agents? (and they will continue doing that until the end of time) Ridiculous...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dart12 said:

why would you no longer be able to apply for extensions elsewhere? 

Once the OP enlisted the services of an agent to extend their stay in Thailand, no immigration office will touch any future transactions with that passport. Everything will now have to always go through that agent.

19 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Once the OP enlisted the services of an agent to extend their stay in Thailand, no immigration office will touch any future transactions with that passport. Everything will now have to always go through that agent.

That is incorrect.

True in the case on non O volunteering.

Even then not simple but possible.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That is incorrect.

True in the case on non O volunteering.

Even then not simple but possible.

He said he was on volunteer visa.

*EDIT*  Oh...he's now on covid extension, but paid an agent 8000THB to circumvent the restriction on his volunteer visa. So I don't know if that has "freed" him from having to use that same agent ???

Edited by audaciousnomad

If anyone is still researching about which immigration offices are most relaxed, I've never had a problem with the Pathum Thani immigration office. Never any questions. But then again, I'm on a tourist visa. And there's one problem about this office - it's in a middle of nowhere and they always give a 2-week stamp first.

• Like 2

On 2/18/2022 at 1:54 PM, HexTree said:

As I understand it, people on volunteer visas have been having issues getting COVID extensions nationwide, it's not necessarily a problem specific to KP. I suggested KP because OP, like me, is on a tourist visa, not a volunteer visa.

It's got nothing to do with previously being on a volunteer visa specifically, it has to do with the change making it so only those on a tourist visa can get another extension.

On 2/24/2022 at 4:40 AM, FalangKino said:

It's got nothing to do with previously being on a volunteer visa specifically, it has to do with the change making it so only those on a tourist visa can get another extension.

No.  it's explicity tourist visa's handed out in the northeast especially

For the last couple of days I have been attempting to get another covid extension. I arrive on a 60 day TR, got a 30 day extension then a 60 day covid extension,  and now was applying for my second covid extension. I have been dealing with SPlus, the management of my condo building (the condo owner is a bit of a nutcase I am told). They told me all the paperwork was in order. When I arrived at CW they said my address in Bangkok was not in the system and because I was now giving notification of staying longer than 90 days the owner needed to provide that information. Well, apparently it cannot be done online and SPlus said I need to bring the paperwork to immigration. What they failed to tell me was I need to go to a different office at Muang Thong Tani. So I show up again at CW on day two and they gave me the address. They also told me this process can be done by phone…oiii. So I paid 800bt to register my address. I trooped on back to CW and my address had not yet been updated in the system but thankfully I had my receipt, so they took pity on me and gave me my extension. They were actually very descent and helpful about it. Maybe they saw the desperation in my eyes..lol Btw… I did not offer and they did not ask for an airline ticket.