Will be denied COVID extension, quickest/cheapest way to get back to Thailand?

So I originally came to thailand on an STV in February 2021 - I extended that visa two times for a total of 270 days...................after that I managed to get 2 x 60 Covid Extensions

I am British Passport Holder........My COVID extension will finish on 25th of february.....I am currently based in Phuket

VISA AGENT has just informed me IMMIGRATION will not extend, for any amount now, even with agents help, as I came on STV and already have 2 x COVID extension

I need to get back into Thailand ASAP ..................Apparently Singapore will open a VTL lane with Thailand on the 25th of february

Do you think I can come back to thailand on a Visa Exempt?........after a weekend of being in Singapore? Is it possible ? or do you think Immigration will turn me away, as I've been in thailand for over a year now? Do not want to get rejected at the border

• Haha 1

Not sure about Singapore being open.

I am aware of a person that did a trip to Cambodia and back for a new non-o visa. 

It doesn't matter where you travel to you will have to get a Thailand Pass to enter the country. Have a look at the site for them, https://tp.consular.go.th/

You will need a RT-PCR test to re-enter the country.

• Like 1

Singapore is open, there are cheap VTL flights from BKK to SIN, and you can also check Cambodia as previous post said... You have to leave anyway so just go there and try, if you succeed in getting Thai Pass then I don't think immigration will make problem on arrival, didn't see those reports now (like before Covid).

By the way, did you check other (non-Phuket) agents for your extension?

8 minutes ago, sallecc said:

Singapore is open, there are cheap VTL flights from BKK to SIN, and you can also check Cambodia as previous post said...

On the Singapore Airlines App it says Thailand is only a VTL country from 4 March?

Screenshot_20220218-150917_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ESLTeacher1989 said:

Anyone know the requirements to fly too Cambodia? any PCR test/insurance/ quarantine needed if fully vaccinated?

Keep in mind you also need all the requirements to return to Thailand.

Such as Thailand Pass, insurance etc etc. 

9 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

1, Did they get the non-o in Cambodia?

2, If yes to 1, would non-b be as possible?

1. The were issued a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage.

2. It should be possible if you have all the supporting documents.

Link to the PP website. https://phnompenh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/non-immigrant-b-visa-to-work-or-conduct-business-in-thailand?page=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a1&menu=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a2

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure about Singapore being open.

I am aware of a person that did a trip to Cambodia and back for a new non-o visa. 

It doesn't matter where you travel to you will have to get a Thailand Pass to enter the country. Have a look at the site for them, https://tp.consular.go.th/

You will need a RT-PCR test to re-enter the country.

Can you confirm that the post is correct that covid extensions have now ceased ?

Thank you in advance of your reply

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2022 at 11:22 AM, ubonjoe said:

1. The were issued a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage.

2. It should be possible if you have all the supporting documents.

Link to the PP website. https://phnompenh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/non-immigrant-b-visa-to-work-or-conduct-business-in-thailand?page=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a1&menu=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a2

Do you know which one is for teaching in a language school?  Is it "teaching" or "work or conduct business"?

Thank you.

There are agents out there, I was in the same situation and got it sorted within the last week. Be prepared to pay a lot though. 65k for a 1 year ed visa. If you've never had an ed visa before, a school might be able to help for cheaper but you've not left much time.

On 2/19/2022 at 11:36 AM, DrJack54 said:

Keep in mind you also need all the requirements to return to Thailand.

Such as Thailand Pass, insurance etc etc. 

Also don't test positive for covid on arrival in Cambodia or you will find yourself stuck in the government covid facility which is extremely basic and, last news I had on it, required 2 negative tests to get out. 

13 hours ago, Spock said:

Also don't test positive for covid on arrival in Cambodia or you will find yourself stuck in the government covid facility which is extremely basic and, last news I had on it, required 2 negative tests to get out. 

You make a very valid point.

I guess for some they have run out of options. 

I recommend no travel at this time. 

Message from USA couple on holiday in Thailand.

She contracted covid.

Both myself and gf also had it recently.

Avoid travel out of Thailand if at all possible. 

Screenshot_20220312-190132.jpg

I did a visa run in PP last week, need one PCR test and vaccine to go, need thai pass and PCR test (i used the same) to come back. You will probably be detained by immigration on the way back. Just buy a fully refunded ticket to your country and they will stamp your 30 days

7 hours ago, SebBkk said:

I did a visa run in PP last week, need one PCR test and vaccine to go, need thai pass and PCR test (i used the same) to come back. You will probably be detained by immigration on the way back. Just buy a fully refunded ticket to your country and they will stamp your 30 days

Detained? As in put in a immigration detention center ? 

9 hours ago, SebBkk said:

Were you detained by immigration upon your return? And if so, did you have to buy a 'fully refunded ticket' to your country in order to receive a 30 day stamp?

Did you obtain a visa from the embassy/consulate in PP or did you simply return to Thailand obtaining a tourist visa(30 days) on entry?

5 minutes ago, MaiDong said:

Were you detained by immigration upon your return? And if so, did you have to buy a 'fully refunded ticket' to your country in order to receive a 30 day stamp?

Did you obtain a visa from the embassy/consulate in PP or did you simply return to Thailand obtaining a tourist visa(30 days) on entry?

You can purchase an onward flight to anywhere if flying visa exempt. Does not need to be home country or refundable.

If have visa (eg TV) or reentry permit then airline will not require an onward flight ticket. 

Edited by DrJack54

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You can purchase an onward flight to anywhere if flying visa exempt. Does not need to be home country or refundable.

If have visa (eg TV) or reentry permit then airline will not require an onward flight ticket. 

Thanks, I understand this, I'd just like to know what SebBkk experienced himself, so I know what to expect should I take this option.

2 minutes ago, MaiDong said:

Thanks, I understand this, I'd just like to know what SebBkk experienced himself, so I know what to expect should I take this option.

I had another read of your post.

Misunderstood it in my first reply

Hopefully  @SebBkk will reply.

The chance of being asked for onward flight by Thai immigration upon arrival is minimal. 

It would be asked by airline at departure. 

Having said that I would have an itinerary clearly in mind to reply to io questions.

Also have 20k baht or equivalent with you. 

Again will not be required but always good to cover bases. 

Added note ......it's a bonus in these situations to have access to internet via phone so that any bogus requirement by immigration such as onward flight can be dealt with..

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I had another read of your post.

Misunderstood it in my first reply

Hopefully  @SebBkk will reply.

The chance of being asked for onward flight by Thai immigration upon arrival is minimal. 

It would be asked by airline at departure. 

Having said that I would have an itinerary clearly in mind to reply to io questions.

Also have 20k baht or equivalent with you. 

Again will not be required but always good to cover bases. 

Added note ......it's a bonus in these situations to have access to internet via phone so that any bogus requirement by immigration such as onward flight can be dealt with..

Thanks again, and yes I agree, good to cover all bases these days.

In the past I've never had an onward flight, and never had large sums of cash with me, in the 20 years I've been in and out of the country, but the risk of being denied entry for something silly would potentially break my family up so I can't risk anything, time is running out though...

I feel like a criminal! Ridiculous.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, MaiDong said:

In the past I've never had an onward flight, and never had large sums of cash with me, in the 20 years I've been in and out of the country.......

This topic re onward flight requirement comes up often.

Some report of never needing an onward flight if flying without visa or reentry permit.

Think different airlines have different policies. 

Personally the opposite for me in my flights around S.E.A. 

Carriers such as AirAsia will insist upon onward flight if flying visa exempt.