Booster shots ?

tgw

25 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

I see people lining up at Royal Garden on Beach Road and on 2nd road for let in at 10am. Which street is best to queue to register?

The one with the shortest queue.....aah gad day sport.

Edited by petermik

32 minutes ago, petermik said:

The one with the shortest queue.....aah gad day sport.

Well I heard there was two queues, one for registering and one for the shot. Quickest way to check which is shortest queue is a trip down Boystown soi, I'd rather not so I guess I'll line up on 2nd road ???? 

Just now, aussiexpat said:

Well I heard there was two queues, one for registering and one for the shot. Quickest way to check which is shortest queue is a trip down Boystown soi, I'd rather not so I guess I'll line up on 2nd road ???? 

Three.

One for Moderna reg.

One for Pfizer reg.

One for the shot.

I would guess more Thais would prefer Moderna as its higher status which does not mean better.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2022 at 10:53 AM, mran66 said:

I was rejected in RGB few weeks ago as had 2x Pfizer, was told to wait 6mo from last one.

Rode to Memorial hospital and got Moderna on the spot. Left 1650 bath less in pocket. Quick and easy.

However I have understood that this 6mo requiremet would not be applied any more, not sure thought

Did they give you all the needed paperwork so it was added to your Vaccine Records ?

5 hours ago, pattayapip said:

Did they give you all the needed paperwork so it was added to your Vaccine Records ?

I got the Thailand vaccine certificate stamped by them (a paper) . I not aware of any other records. 

20220120_131345 (1).jpg

20220120_131345.jpg

On 2/19/2022 at 12:01 PM, 4MyEgo said:

B cells are basically antibodies which are made when the body is either infected or injected from the vaccine, the T cells only come into play to take away the dead virus.

B cells are not antibodies - they are cells that mediate the production of antibodies (basically, they're the antibody factories). T cells perform two functions, depending on what type they are, cytotoxic (killer cells) or helper cells.

The cytotoxic T cells don't just take away dead virus, they are (as the name suggests) the cells that actually kill virus-infected cells and then use messenger proteins that signal the macrophages to consume them.

Helper T cells both activate the B cells to produce antibodies and help activate the cytotoxic T cells to kill infected cells.

B Cells

T cells and macrophages

6 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

B cells are not antibodies - they are cells that mediate the production of antibodies (basically, they're the antibody factories).

6, 2, 1, half dozen the other, same, same.

6 hours ago, Henryford said:

You probably need to get the Mor Prom app and get the details recorded on that.

Oh... What's the benefit of that? Registration to that system required somewhere? 

On 2/18/2022 at 5:17 PM, IAMHERE said:

I wonder how he determined that you had enough acquired immunity?  I wish antibody tests were widely/easily available so I'd know if I really should be getting a booster; is a booster necessary.

To my understanding, the immunity of the vaccine is supposed to wear off. If you don't get the booster you are basically unvaccinated. I could be wrong, not a scientist.

The pfizer "booster" is the same as the 1st two shots. It's just an additional dose, after the 1st two start to wear off.

Edited by JimTripper

17 hours ago, JimTripper said:

To my understanding, the immunity of the vaccine is supposed to wear off. If you don't get the booster you are basically unvaccinated. I could be wrong, not a scientist.

The pfizer "booster" is the same as the 1st two shots. It's just an additional dose, after the 1st two start to wear off.

Yes I have the same understanding. The wear-off rate is different among people. The booster will wear-off too, as the next booster will wear-off, etc...   It becomes an additional Flu vaccine at some point in the future.

On 2/18/2022 at 2:37 PM, Lacessit said:

Had Sinovac and AZ, then a short bout of COVID. Had a Pfizer booster about 4 months after the COVID.

Medical opinion seems to be divided, some say Sinovac/AZ counts as 1 jab only.

I was rejected at Central Festival by the doctor there when I wanted a booster, he said I had enough acquired immunity. That conflicted with medical advice I got elsewhere, so I had the booster at the clinic in my GF's village.

Witch doctor ?

6 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Witch doctor ?

Why would a doctor reject giving a booster? That's a bit strange.

I wonder whether they were some sort of covert anti-vaxxer refusing the shots for people.

...or just stupidity. ????

Edited by JimTripper