a long night

jvs

On 2/19/2022 at 8:15 AM, lopburi3 said:

Understand not wanting noise at night but it is a friday night after another week in the hell we call Covid so perhaps really do not need everyone to be a quiet church mouse?  Better than 'shots fired' we often see reported other places.  Perhaps take cheap action to limit the noise?

Ear Plugs 3M รุ่น 1100 แพ็ค 1คู่ กันเสียงดัง โฟมอุดหู โฟมลดเสียง | Shopee  Thailand

24 hours later. Elton John says Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting ????????

On 2/19/2022 at 10:14 AM, JAS21 said:

On a different problem, but at least as annoying.

We live in a gated community and our house is on the front road. In the Soi,one house down from us an old woman lives who breeds cats. That house backs onto the side of ours. Her front garden looks and smells like a refuse tip.

Sometimes the stink is really bad. So frequently we cannot use the patio on that side of our house. And we get a lot of cat poo in our garden.

My wife is on the Village Committee, she says several complain about the smell but there doesn’t seem to be much that can be done.

Someone mentioned that a saucer of antifreeze can get rid of the smell but I don’t see how.

23 hours ago, jvs said:

Placing big speakers in their direction at 7 a.m.will just bring me down to their level and

i am sure the other neighbours will not enjoy it either.

Joining them is no option because the noise from that distance already makes my head spin.

Moving is also no option for a few reasons.

The same house just over a year ago had a kid living there with a very noisy motorbike and he would

go up and down the soi numerous times per day at full speed.

I thought ,'one of these days he will wipe out and it will be quit.

That day came last year we heard him start his bike and he came our way revving the hell out of the bike,then.............quiet.He wiped out .Job done.

Just maybe they will get so drunk one day they will decide to shoot each other,does it make me a bad guy to hope for that?

Nope. I would be glad to see all overloud, and I mean really loud, motorbike riders wiped out never to be fit to ride again.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 8:19 AM, jvs said:

but since this is Thailand you are not going to confront any one.

You are mistaken if you think this is a specifically Thailand thing. My life is blighted by the antisocial <deleted> that think they can play their electronic <deleted> as loudly as they like, but as they are bigger and stronger ( and probably related to gang members ) than I, so there is sod all I can do. Even moving wouldn't mean it was over as the <deleted> live everywhere now.

17 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Foamy ear plugs would be helpful as stated before by others. 

Bose has some new sleep buds that are also good. I get it that people want to sleep but the occasional party on a Friday or Saturday night is normal. Its a different story when there is always a noise problem.

• Like 1