Hungry Now announces they are shutting down, releases letter to customers

snoop1130

hungrynow2-696x392.jpg

The following is a letter from the Hungry Now Company LTD. CEO to HungryNow customers in the Pattaya and Chonburi area.

Dear HungryNow Customer,

I am writing this letter to inform you that HungryNow has decided to close the business.

We will close our App and Website on March 15, 2022.

Thank you for this time, for your understanding, and for all your support.

On behalf of Hungry Now Co., Ltd, I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Yours Sincerely,

Mikael Löfberg

CEO – HungryNow

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/02/24/hungry-now-announces-they-are-shutting-down-releases-letter-to-customers/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-02-24

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Hungry Now was excellent when they first began: great service and prices with a lot more "Western style" menus available than the competition. Unfortunately, as time went on, their service seemed to decline steadily. 

I think the closing of many of the Western themed restaurants such as "Retox" that used their service hurt them badly as well.

I experienced several unfulfilled orders that never showed-up. 

More and more, when I attempted to order during business hours I'd get "No drivers available."  At one point a few months ago, their app just stopped working for three or four days.

I finally gave-up trying to use them. 

Edited by dddave
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, dddave said:

Hungry Now was excellent when they first began: great service and prices with a lot more "Western style" menus available than the competition. Unfortunately, as time went on, their service seemed to decline steadily. 

I think the closing of many of the Western themed restaurants such as "Retox" that used their service hurt them badly as well.

I experienced several unfulfilled orders that never showed-up but were still charged to my account which was difficult and time consuming to clear-up. 

More and more, when I attempted to order during business hours I'd get "No drivers available."  At one point a few months ago, their app just stopped working for three or four days.

I finally gave-up trying to use them. 

I use them often but with cash.

All orders came unless cancelled by restaurants.

In the earlier months their software function especially around mapping location was very awful.

But over time albeit very slowly their software got better and better.

They clearly didn't have the IT level of Grab or Panda.

But I will really miss them.

Glitches and all their brand feels like it has more soul than the big boys.

Edited by Jingthing

Seems like they dumped maybe too much cash into advertising and promo codes that didn't see a good return. I used it just once if I recall and the driver made me come all the way to the very front entrance of my condo, whereas I can usually ask the Grab guys to meet me at the elevator. I did like that the app and menu were more English friendly. But I never expected they could compete with Grab or Food Panda.

2 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Seems like they dumped maybe too much cash into advertising and promo codes that didn't see a good return. I used it just once if I recall and the driver made me come all the way to the very front entrance of my condo, whereas I can usually ask the Grab guys to meet me at the elevator. I did like that the app and menu were more English friendly. But I never expected they could compete with Grab or Food Panda.

All the companies have some drivers like that. You need to have tactics to nudge them.

Edited by Jingthing

I use HN regularly and have yet to experience anything other than a minor inconvenience.  Of note, I thought their English speaking customer service staff were quite good, and easily accessed - unlike their competitors.  Sad that they couldn’t make it work.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TimBKK said:

I use HN regularly and have yet to experience anything other than a minor inconvenience.  Of note, I thought their English speaking customer service staff were quite good, and easily accessed - unlike their competitors.  Sad that they couldn’t make it work.

Very good point about their customer service. Vastly superior to the competition.