Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

18 hours ago, Virt said:

Russia might not have such a large convoy without massive support from helicopters and fighter jets, so maybe it's not an easy task to attack it.

I just hope things are solved before the convoy reach their goal or else both sides have to order a lot of body bags.

Thats also my worry, the fierce fighting in urban warfare is deadly and long lasting. The BBC reporter insitu said that civilians are anxious/scared and the next 72 hours are crucial

The west needs some bottle destroy that 45 mile column of death and destruction and give the Ukrainians a chance sanctions will hurt but stingers reapers and A10's hurt more.

And a big shout out to the 100+ Thai's that have signed up to fight together with the 1000s from around the world ????  

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Putin was told point blank that if he invades Ukraine he would face sanctions, he lied through his teeth saying he would not invade and now he has invade he’s discover Western nations were not lying when they said he would face sanctions.

Putin painted himself into the corner, the Russian economy is responding accordingly.

Danish Maersk also suspends new shippings to and from Russia except food, medical and humanitarian supplies.

Hopefully that too will cause some issues for Russia, since Maersk are the second largest shipping company in the world.

https://www.thelocal.dk/20220301/danish-shipping-giant-maersk-to-stop-deliveries-to-russian-ports/

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Putin was told point blank that if he invades Ukraine he would face sanctions, he lied through his teeth saying he would not invade and now he has invade he’s discover Western nations were not lying when they said he would face sanctions.

Putin painted himself into the corner, the Russian economy is responding accordingly.

Your view is a western view I believe Putin doesn't see it as invading I would say he see's it as something he needs to do to secure his countries territory as it was for 69 years. 

A guy in charge wanted to join NATO and EU just is unacceptable in his eyes. 

I think he knew the west will do what is doing and has taken that in to account months ago. 

• Confused 4

Once Putin defeats the Ukrainian army he will retreat.

The west will give him a slap on the wrist and say don't do it again,

But will sprout they saved WW3 from happening.

The best result is as many people leave as possible.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Virt said:

Danish Maersk also suspends new shippings to and from Russia except food, medical and humanitarian supplies.

Hopefully that too will cause some issues for Russia, since Maersk are the second largest shipping company in the world.

https://www.thelocal.dk/20220301/danish-shipping-giant-maersk-to-stop-deliveries-to-russian-ports/

International boikot of Vodka to, and Norwegian Duty free shops follow up now, and remove Russian vodka from the shelves.

Just now, Hummin said:

International boikot of Vodka to, and Norwegian Duty free shops follow up now, and remove Russian vodka from the shelves.

just please do not confuse it with Ukrainian Gorilka

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Despite what was reported earlier, it is now being reported Belarus soldiers have entered Ukraine. Lets hope they feel the pain soon.

I’d rather Lukashenko feel the pain soon. He’s the Putin stooge, and the guy sending in his soldiers as cannon fodder.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Ukraine is a sovereign nation recognized as such by the UN.

I very much doubt things are going as Putin planned.

For the record, Ukraine in the Soviet Union was not Ukraine in Russia. Russia is a country, the Soviet Union was not a country and is anyway defunct.

But, do keep sticking up for the thug Putin by all means.

I don't condone Putin's actions and the sadly isn't over yet I think there's worse come.

Putting (excuse the pun) arms in the hands of civilians makes them targets.

I will remain a devil's advocate while situation developes and the real truth is known.. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, farmerjo said:

Once Putin defeats the Ukrainian army he will retreat.

The west will give him a slap on the wrist and say don't do it again,

But will sprout they saved WW3 from happening.

The best result is as many people leave as possible.

Possible but to early to say looks like the scouting is complete and a big convoy on the way.

I think Russian will only leave when there is a Russian friendly Ukrainian gov in place.

5 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I don't condone Putin's actions and the sadly isn't over yet I think there's worse come.

Putting (excuse the pun) arms in the hands of civilians makes them targets.

I will remain a devil's advocate while situation developes and the real truth is known.. 

You frequently mention what you assume are Putin’s motives.

Whst do you suppose are the motives of Ukrainian civilians, willing to face the Russian army with homemade petrol bombs but then given the opportunity to receive and use modern military weapons?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The EU have acted swiftly (pun intended) and have taken measures to undermine the Russian economy.

I doubt Putin believes these actions by the world’s largest trading block are ‘hot air’.

The leading lady took the time to say we should not rely on russian gas and step up our renewables,there is a war on.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You frequently mention what you assume are Putin’s motives.

Whst do you suppose are the motives of Ukrainian civilians, willing to face the Russian army with homemade petrol bombs but then given the opportunity to receive and use modern military weapons?

Well I hope Putin doesn't target the given arms.

The only way is to bring them over the border into Ukraine which will be difficult.

7 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

The problem for Russia is longer term. The financial sanctions cut Putin off from the country's massive foreign reserves. So they will have to print more roubles to meet day to day costs. Hyper-inflation would really make the economic situation desparate.

Everyone has been talking about China being the threat to world peace. But now imperialist Russia is back to its old tricks. Or maybe Putin just wants  everyone to remember that Russia is a military superpower.

Russia has a declining population (currently 124 million) which will blunt its potential. An easy way to boost its population (and economic clout) is to incorporate Ukraine's 44 million people into Russia. However, if the bulk of Ukraine's population is anti-Russian and willing to undertake guerilla warfare, there will be a continuing negative economic cost to Russia.

And their food bowl.Ukraine exports 20 million tonne of wheat.

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Take a look at a map of Ukraine and see how long the border is.

I just read that fighter jet donations to Ukraine will be stationed in Poland and be able to fly missions from there, hope that is the case!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Take a look at a map of Ukraine and see how long the border is.

Take a look at the Su-57 fighter jet that has stealth technology and can reach supersonic cruising speed.

• Haha 2