Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

37 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I just read that fighter jet donations to Ukraine will be stationed in Poland and be able to fly missions from there, hope that is the case!

WW3 has already started. Thats one of the redlines that can make it become Nuclear. 

1 minute ago, TacoKhun said:

WW3 has already started. Thats one of the redlines that can make it become Nuclear. 

Not sure, it needs to be confirmed but it was reported by Ukraine however Bulgaria denies it

Ukraine has said that three NATO nations – Bulgaria, Poland and Slovakia – will transfer 70 combat aircraft to join their forces against Russia.

https://www.defenseworld.net/news/31470#.Yh4luDhByUm

I did a search and the only other report I can see is the TASS news agency saying the same thing

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I just read that fighter jet donations to Ukraine will be stationed in Poland and be able to fly missions from there, hope that is the case!

I think something got lost in translation, or some Ukrainians posted a tweet to fast.

I can't imagine Poland, Bulgaria and Slovakia will give away most of their MIGs.

Has it been confirmed by those 3 countries that they will support Ukraine with fighters jets?

• Like 1

I have a grim question.

If / when more like when it becomes clear that Putin's evil army will soon reach key kill list targets specifically Zylinsky will it be better for the resistance for Zelinsky to die a "pure" martyr fighting to the end OR to escape to lead the resistance in exile?

I say the latter. He has already proven his bravery. As the resistance will need living leadership I don't think they could do better than him.

But this may be academic.

If he waits too long there will be no escape option.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Dread in Kyiv as huge Russian convoy advances

The first day of March swept in with an icy blast of wind and snow; the sixth day of Russia's invasion unfolds with a gnawing sense of foreboding. Satellite images convey, with searing clarity, the pace of Russia's progress towards Kyiv. A serpentine armoured convoy, some 65km (40 miles) long, bristling with tanks and troops, slowly snakes forward. It's only 27km away.

It gives an entirely new, and terrifying, meaning to the expression "the world is watching". Everyone can see these satellite images in shades of black and grey, which have a meaning that's all too black and white. But it's only Ukrainian forces, soldiers and civilians who can stop its lumbering advance.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60571884

7 minutes ago, Virt said:

I think something got lost in translation, or some Ukrainians posted a tweet to fast.

I can't imagine Poland, Bulgaria and Slovakia will give away most of their MIGs.

Has it been confirmed by those 3 countries that they will support Ukraine with fighters jets?

Bulgaria denied it according to one report. Thats why I mentioned in another post it needs to be confirmed. The Russian news Agency TASS is confirming it but who knows?

• Like 1

Russia pummels Ukraine’s No. 2 city as convoy nears Kyiv

KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Russian strikes pounded the central square in Ukraine’s second-largest city and other civilian sites Tuesday in what the country’s president condemned as a blatant campaign of terror by Moscow. “Nobody will forgive. Nobody will forget,” vowed President Volodymyr Zelenskyy.

At the same time, a 40-mile convoy of hundreds of Russian tanks and other vehicles advanced on the capital, Kyiv, in what the West feared was a bid to topple Ukraine’s government and install a Kremlin-friendly regime.

(more)

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-united-nations-general-assembly-kyiv-business-europe-abc3e297725e57e6052529d844b5ee2f

Edited by metisdead
14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I have a grim question.

If / when more like when it becomes clear that Putin's evil army will soon reach key kill list targets specifically Zylinsky will it be better for the resistance for Zelinsky to die a "pure" martyr fighting to the end OR to escape to lead the resistance in exile?

I say the latter. He has already proven his bravery. As the resistance will need living leadership I don't think they could do better than him.

But this may be academic.

If he waits too long there will be no escape option.

Personally when you tell your 18-60 men you cannot leave,you cannot leave.

• Like 1

Russian column bears down on Kyiv, raising fear for civilians

"Britain's defence ministry said in an intelligence update that the Russian advance on Kyiv had made little progress in the past 24 hours, probably due to logistical problems. But it also warned of a shift in Russian tactics that could worsen the plight of civilians.

"The use of heavy artillery in densely populated urban areas greatly increases the risk of civilian casualties," it said.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russian-isolation-intensifies-ukraine-fighting-rages-2022-03-01/

Edited by metisdead
14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

32 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not sure, it needs to be confirmed but it was reported by Ukraine however Bulgaria denies it

Ukraine has said that three NATO nations – Bulgaria, Poland and Slovakia – will transfer 70 combat aircraft to join their forces against Russia.

I did a search and the only other report I can see is the TASS news agency saying the same thing

I have seen zero confirmation of the transfer of the MiGs to Ukraine.

32 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

If Russia takes 2 weeks to conquer Ukraine rather than 2 days, does it matter?

Was anyone really expected Russia can do this in 2 days? Ukraine has massive military. They have been fighting with rebels for like 8 years...

Edited by TacoKhun
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Virt said:

Sorry but i wish you had stealth technology....

And your stealth thoughts on what will happen to Ukraine if you are able to refrain from insults.

Edited by Kwasaki

1 hour ago, farmerjo said:

Personally when you tell your 18-60 men you cannot leave,you cannot leave.

Yeah I also don't think he will leave. So that leaves three options

A near miracle and/or the west helps much more very soon.

He's murdered.

He's imprisoned in Russia so out of the picture.

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

yes, I read the same thing.

they will deliver Sukhois from their Soviet arsenal which Ukrainian pilots are trained to fly.

it does not constitute involvement of NATO. USSR donated MIGs to Vietnam before and the USA "leased" F-14, or F-15, F-16 to Saddam Hussein before against Iran.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TacoKhun said:

Was anyone really expected Russia can do this in 2 days? Ukraine has massive military. They have been fighting with rebels for like 8 years...

nope, they don't have a massive military.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TacoKhun said:

I read it was 2nd powerful military in Europe, something like this

the people who wrote what you read confuse headcount with "power".

200.000 men with antiquated soviet-era equipment.

they tried to modernize what they could since 2014, but it's still basically infantry in armored cars equipped with anti-tank and anti-aircraft missiles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

The price  they have to pay matters

Why?

When the US took out Saddam Hussein, how quickly did the US take Baghdad? Nobody remembers and nobody cares.

Same here, all that matters is who wins. If Kyiv capitulates after 3 weeks of a siege, nobody will care how long it took.

• Confused 1