Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

1 hour ago, Seppius said:

The Ukrainian President wants a NATO imposed no-fly zone, if they do it, then that WW3 starting, but they might as well do it, because at some point NATO will have to get involved. Putin is not going to stop now

So you want WW3 because of a suicidal Presendent's emotional demands,  behave.

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

WW3 what!  You have really lost the plot. 

The rest of the world is clearly very worried judging by the depth of sanctions they are are willing to impose despite knowing they will themselves be severely harmed economically.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The rest of the world is clearly very worried judging by the depth of sanctions they are are willing to impose despite knowing they will themselves be severely harmed economically.

I understand that but to avoid nuclear war is top of the agenda in my book of life. 

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

An interview with Peter Hitches on LBC was pointing out just that referring to past history and how different things could have been in the world today if the attitude and treatment of Russia by the west had been friendly.

Even more different if Patton had been listened to and the Allies had rolled the red army back to Russia where it belonged, instead of letting them enslave eastern Europe for 45 years!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I understand that but to avoid nuclear war is top of the agenda in my book of life. 

I agree, which is why everybody should be vehemently opposed to Putin and why I attack apologists for his actions.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Even more different if Patton had been listened to and the Allies had rolled the red army back to Russia where it belonged, instead of letting them enslave eastern Europe for 45 years!

Churchill also I believe

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I can see where your coming from like many posters here but your suggestions are futile.

OK then so you tell Russia to stop then.  

My suggestions are exactly the same as the directives from the UN and 140 countries, not aligned with yours but fell free to contact Ukraine and inform them of your suggestion.

• Haha 1

The human toll from Russian aggression.

Ukraine accuses Russia of continuing assault during agreed evacuation ceasefire

One woman, struggling to carry half a dozen bags, wept when the snacks she had packed for her and her young son, who was clutching a green dinosaur toy, fell to the ground. She gave the boy a bag to carry as they trudged slowly on.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/top-wrap-1-europes-largest-nuclear-power-plant-fire-after-russian-attack-mayor-2022-03-04/

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Well I find it reasonable to know the truth of what's really happening on both sides and I see nothing but propergander and people with bucket mouths. 

On a different note I would like to see NATO getting to do something now instead of talking and that is get other countries on borders now into NATO without delay that are not in NATO. 

i.e. There is talkvof where will Russia go next after Ukraine. 

How do you think Russia will respond to that if those other countries were expedited into NATO now? Sanctions got them raising their nuclear alert level. WW3?

Edited by coolcarer

Cease-fire effort in Ukraine collapses amid Russian shelling

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-europe-3d9e50b2fa8b08ce1f74c1b09403186e

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-europe-bcd85a150cec0ae681a0a1a55672f368

A woman reacts as paramedics perform CPR on a girl who was injured during shelling, at city hospital of Mariupol, eastern Ukraine, Sunday, Feb. 27, 2022. The girl did not survive. (AP Photo/Evgeniy Maloletka)

1000.jpeg

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, friendofthai said:

The phrase "this is completely different" (For googling In Russian: "Вы не понимаете, это другое!") has become a meme in Russia which is widely used to emphasize the hypocrisy of the West.

memes are very popular among mask refusniks and conspiracy theorists and trump supporters too ... I do see a pattern.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Eastern Europe expert Sergej Sumlenny, whose work has focused on Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus, said that while it too early to say for sure, he thinks that "Russia and its army are about to collapse," in the wake of Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine.

https://www.rawstory.com/russia-invasion-of-ukraine-2656845452/

One can only hope but good news like this is welcome

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Raw Story rarely write their own material. They mostly curate articles from other sources which tend to be credible.

The direct link to the source is as you say from Sergej Sumlenny which your article links to, its at 

https://twitter.com/sumlenny/status/1499822066098655234

Interesting read

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

One can only hope but good news like this is welcome

yes.

although it's just a comment piece, I too noticed weakness in Russia's army.

many vehicles look like absolute trash

many have broken down

many were abandoned in working order

many others ran out of fuel (what is that planning ??)

some troops surrendered to civilians

other troops refused to attack

why is Putin looking for Khadyrov's or Kasakstan's support?

still no air superiority ?? the current chief of Russian Air force was born in Ukraine (Dronov)

• Like 2

Just now, tgw said:

yes.

although it's just a comment piece, I too noticed weakness in Russia's army.

many vehicles look like absolute trash

many have broken down

many were abandoned in working order

many others ran out of fuel (what is that planning ??)

some troops surrendered to civilians

other troops refused to attack

why is Putin looking for Khadyrov's or Kasakstan's support?

still no air superiority ?? the current chief of Russian Air force was born in Ukraine (Dronov)

Agreed and that 40 mile long convoy still in the same place, BBC reporting its still bogged down in the mud, some serious lack of logistical planning

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Agreed and that 40 mile long convoy still in the same place, BBC reporting its still bogged down in the mud, some serious lack of logistical planning

This is very odd and I disagree with Andrew Neil saying it is a tactical move. Normally I like him but I think he is wrong on this one. I would have thought huge amounts of military hardware stretched out on a road over 40 miles long would be a very vulnerable position. How do the Russian troops keep warm? Do they run their truck 24 hours a day and run out of diesel. What about hot food? Lets hope this will become the 40 miles of doom and destruction of the Russian Army!

Now there's a challenge, almost as if he's baiting countries and wants to escalate his illegal war.

#UPDATE Russian President Vladimir Putin said Saturday that any country that sought to impose a no-fly zone over Ukraine would be considered by Moscow to have entered the conflict.

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1500107383334449156

I think Putin wants to create  a mini Soviet and live without support from the West. Only China and other nations will be with Russia. 
So the middle class Russians can say goodbye to cheap flights to Thailand.   The tourism will just die. 

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Now there's a challenge, almost as if he's baiting countries and wants to escalate his illegal war.

#UPDATE Russian President Vladimir Putin said Saturday that any country that sought to impose a no-fly zone over Ukraine would be considered by Moscow to have entered the conflict.

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1500107383334449156

I hate Putin and his war, but I think a no-fly zone is wrong.

I also think there is a good chance Russia's troops are weak and not properly supplied. Ukraine can win without a no-fly zone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tgw said:

I hate Putin and his war, but I think a no-fly zone is wrong.

I also think there is a good chance Russia's troops are weak and not properly supplied. Ukraine can win without a no-fly zone.

I'm undecided, its a very difficult call to make although there are some positive signals that his war against Ukraine is not going well for him. My remark was a little tongue in cheek however its one way for him to really ratchet this up and bring in a new level of warfare that distracts from the apparent weakness of this current invasion?

3 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Jeez  - how far back do we have to go to justify the murder happening now?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chris.B said:

This is very odd and I disagree with Andrew Neil saying it is a tactical move. Normally I like him but I think he is wrong on this one. I would have thought huge amounts of military hardware stretched out on a road over 40 miles long would be a very vulnerable position. How do the Russian troops keep warm? Do they run their truck 24 hours a day and run out of diesel. What about hot food? Lets hope this will become the 40 miles of doom and destruction of the Russian Army!

Wonder if anyone checked for tow ropes?

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Eastern Europe expert Sergej Sumlenny, whose work has focused on Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus, said that while it too early to say for sure, he thinks that "Russia and its army are about to collapse," in the wake of Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine.

https://www.rawstory.com/russia-invasion-of-ukraine-2656845452/

I'm not devoutly religious but I will pray for that. 

2 hours ago, tgw said:

memes are very popular among mask refusniks and conspiracy theorists and trump supporters too ... I do see a pattern.

Off topic. Let me get a drink while I contemplate filing a rare report. ????

1 hour ago, balo said:

I think Putin wants to create  a mini Soviet and live without support from the West. Only China and other nations will be with Russia. 
So the middle class Russians can say goodbye to cheap flights to Thailand.   The tourism will just die. 

Tourism? Omigawd.