Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

17 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The purpose of disconnecting Russia from the internet is to hamper Russian cyber attacks. (As a positive side effect it will also further cripple the Russian economy).

Informing the Russian population of things most are probably not predisposed to hear is almost certainly way behind combatting Russian cyber attacks on the priority scale.

Russian civilians will in any case get the message as the Russian economy collapses.

The unfortunate side effect of this is the average Russian, had no say in any of this, however once again the average person will carry the burden of the decisions by those with dictatorial ambitions.

How does any person justify bombing hospitals and children's homes? 

He talks about "de-nazifying", yet that something which that WW11 mongrel did

• Like 1

How far should sanctions go? 

Interesting resources about Big Pharma and how far should sanctions go.

Evidently Big Pharm has ethical and humanitarian reasons to be exempted?

Should Pharma be exempt from sanctioning Russia? (cnn.com)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/western-drugmakers-are-still-providing-medicines-to-russia-11647081002

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Russian embassy’s rage over stunt

The Russian ambassador is “apoplectic” over an epic stunt on Russia’s embassy in Portugal’s capital, according to former UN war crimes investigator David Savage.

Two neighbouring houses have projected blue and yellow onto the Russian embassy’s Lisbon facade, which are the colours of the Ukrainian flag.

Portugal is one of many European countries welcoming Ukrainian refugees who have been forced to leave the country.

https://www.news.com.au/world/europe/ukraine-russia-conflict-live-updates/news-story/62524dd6a2f2697f084aab61ac3e12f4

Priceless. But then again, it’s so easy to get Russian ‘officials’ completely riled up these days, they get their panties in a bunch over the least little things. The hysteria is reaching whole new levels with Putin, Lavrov and all their evil obedient little lackeys.

26 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Putin doesn't have to justify anything he will continue until the present Ukrainian gov is brought down. 

Hence the start of the assault on Kyiv. 

One hopes he may have to justify it before a criminal court one day, the nazi perpetrators felt they did not have to justify anything either.  Do you see the children and hospital patients as colleterial damage? 

He did try the justification actually when he spoke about biowarfare and birds carrying the bioweapons.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

How far should sanctions go? 

Interesting resources about Big Pharma and how far should sanctions go.

Evidently Big Pharm has ethical and humanitarian reasons to be exempted?

Should Pharma be exempt from sanctioning Russia? (cnn.com)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/western-drugmakers-are-still-providing-medicines-to-russia-11647081002

Sanctions I guess should continue and done as much as possible until the majority of the Russian people begin to see things aren't going well as they are being told. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

One hopes he may have to justify it before a criminal court one day, the nazi perpetrators felt they did not have to justify anything either.  Do you see the children and hospital patients as colleterial damage? 

He did try the justification actually when he spoke about biowarfare and birds carrying the bioweapons.

Of course I don't see hospitals and children as colaterol damage why would I.

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Of course drugs still need to be sent to Russia where they are needed for humanitarian purposes. IMO though, rather than Big Pharma continuing to profit, why not make them send the proceeds from sales directly to Ukraine for their humanitarian needs.

Good idea.

Maybe add a cheeky war crimes surcharge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Sanctions I guess should continue and done as much as possible until the majority of the Russian people begin to see things aren't going well as they are being told. 

Unfortunately its highly unlikely for the Russian people to directly topple the monster on top. But their pain could be a factor in encouraging insiders to act.

• Like 2

Satellite images show fires, severe damage to residential buildings in Mariupol.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/satellite-images-show-fires-severe-damage-residential-buildings-mariupol-2022-03-12/

So this is what Putin meant when he said he wanted to neutralize Ukraine’s military infrastructure? Seems more like the way the Russians ‘pacified’ Grozny, by bombing it to smithereens. It’s what they did in Syria as well. That is the way the Russian army operates, it just bombs and destroys whole cities, without any regard for human life. And that is the fate that awaits other Ukrainian cities as well, if the Russians are not stopped.

• Like 1

Breaking

Russia has attacked the International Center for Peacekeeping&Security near Lviv.Foreign instructors work here.Information about the victims is being clarified.This is new terrorist attack on peace&security near the EU-NATO border.Action must be taken to stop this.Close the sky! ????

22 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Breaking

Russia has attacked the International Center for Peacekeeping&Security near Lviv.Foreign instructors work here.Information about the victims is being clarified.This is new terrorist attack on peace&security near the EU-NATO border.Action must be taken to stop this.Close the sky! ????

Located at a 'military' base, and chance are, no international instructors were there, unless they are total idiots.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Located at a 'military' base, and chance are, no international instructors were there, unless they are total idiots.

I don't make the news just pass on the growing number of Pukeins atrocities' the details will no doubt follow ???? 

20 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

I don't make the news just pass on the growing number of Pukeins atrocities' the details will no doubt follow ???? 

9 dead and at least 50 injured so far according to reports. Ukraine says International instructors there but not known if any are victims..BBC & AFP

Edited by Bkk Brian

1 hour ago, sammieuk1 said:

Breaking

The clear message from NATO is they will only supply weapons. 

They can't even send the Polish mig29's planes now because they have been updated. 

The Ukrainian President keeps asking for western help and a no fly zone, it's not that hard to see the future and when the worse happens many people will be blaming NATO and EU for not doing enough. 

• Confused 1

I'm starting to see a worrying scenario unfold.

in short, Putin will torture civilian population (bombardment, encirclement and starvation) in the hope of escalating the conflict, which he will use as a reason to invade the Baltic states.

On 3/11/2022 at 11:05 AM, Kwasaki said:

Well I don't care what others quote me I would rather stay on topic than reply. 

My position still is that from the beginning right or wrong on either side there is unnecessary loss of life. 

What the Ukrainian President rhetoric has been is suicidal.

I believe he thought that NATO would come to his aid military.

That wasn't going to happen. 

There are reports than Putin has been planning this for many years and expected the response maybe not as much as has happened in the way of sanctions.

All this war is, is food for the media. 

I still believe that Ukraine even at this stage should surrender to terms to stop the war and loss of life. 

At some stage Putin will be overthrown and the future could then lead to a better future than the one that is happening now and the way it's heading.

I expect your advice to Churchill would have been surrender after Dunkirk and for Stalin to give up at Volgograd, good job they did not and neither should Ukraine. How about the Americans surrendering in 1776?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

I expect your advice to Churchill would have been surrender after Dunkirk and for Stalin to give up at Volgograd, good job they did not and neither should Ukraine. How about the Americans surrendering in 1776?

My advice in what I believe would be according to the situation I  found myself in and as I see it to save lives.

As I have said before your past examples compare to today's situation is irrelevant America came into the war when Churchill rung up the Emperor in Japan to tell him where the US fleet was. 

6 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

My advice in what I believe would be according to the situation I  found myself in and as I see it to save lives.

As I have said before your past examples compare to today's situation is irrelevant America came into the war when Churchill rung up the Emperor in Japan to tell him where the US fleet was. 

Decision and communication[edit]

News of the attack on Pearl Harbor reached London first. Realizing that President Roosevelt would go through the formal process of asking the United States Congress for a declaration of war, Churchill began making preparations to deliver the UK's own declaration of war immediately after Congress had formally declared war. After learning British territory had also been attacked, the British Prime Minister decided there was no need to wait for Congress to act and promptly summoned the Japanese Ambassador

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_declaration_of_war_on_Japan

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

What do you base this on? 

27 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Sorry to point out the obvious, you are not in any ‘situation’, those that are are making their own decisions while they are still free to do so.

44 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Disregarding the ridiculousness of your claim are you telling us Churchill called Hirohito and told him the Pacific Fleet of the US navy was mainly in the Pacific Fleet home base??

Wow, must have blown ole' Hiro's mind!:ninja:

Edited by Phoenix Rising
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1