Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Video of it here, please tell me how you see this as backing down? https://www.newsweek.com/zelensky-nato-russia-putin-war-ukraine-1688145

Wrong words maybe I me alone see as a back down from his initial rhetoric.

As I said France 24 translation was he would agree to No-Join NATO in the peace talks.

It will be repeated all day so look for yourself.

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

As I said France 24 translation was he would agree to No-Join NATO in the peace talks.

He can’t negotiate unless Russia are negotiating too.

But oddly you only see Ukraine backing down.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Indeed wrong wording, its quite obvious he has been frustrated at not being able to join NATO previously and there is no sign that in the future this would be possible so why on earth use it as part of the stumbling block to negotiations. Its certainly not backing down, its the truth and being realistic.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

From Wikipedia:

On 22 January 2010, the outgoing President of Ukraine Viktor Yushchenko awarded Bandera the posthumous title of Hero of Ukraine. The European Parliament condemned the award, as did Russia, Polish, and Jewish politicians and organizations. The incoming president Viktor Yanukovych declared the award illegal, since Bandera was never a citizen of Ukraine, a stipulation necessary for getting the award. This announcement was confirmed by a court decision in April 2010. In January 2011, the award was officially annulled. A proposal to confer the award on Bandera was rejected by the Ukrainian parliament in August 2019.

Poroshenko believes that the communist repression and Holodomor of the Soviet Union are on par with the Nazi crimes of the 1940s.[122] The legislation (Poroshenko signed on 15 May 2015) also provides "public recognition to anyone who fought for Ukrainian independence in the 20th century",[123] including the controversial Ukrainian Insurgent Army (UPA) combatants led by Roman Shukhevych and Stepan Bandera.[121]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petro_Poroshenko

4 hours ago, tgw said:

Russian soldiers are sorry for attacking Ukraine,

bomber pilots confirm they are being ordered to strike civilian targets:

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/03/15/europe/ukraine-russian-prisoners-of-war-intl/index.html

He said they were aware of what had happened in places like Mariupol, where nearly 1,600 people have been killed since the invasion began.

Isn't it comforting feeling to get here no mis/dis/information?

As of Monday, the official number of civilians killed in the war in Ukraine stands at 636, of whom 46 are children, according to the United Nations. A further 1,125 people have been injured, 62 of them being children. It is feared these figures fall well short of the reality.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/putin-s-six-demands-to-end-russia-s-invasion-of-ukraine/ar-AAV5oMx?ocid=

32 minutes ago, Saanim said:

Poroshenko believes that the communist repression and Holodomor of the Soviet Union are on par with the Nazi crimes of the 1940s.[122]

It was not on par. It was worse. 3.5 millions of Ukrainians (whose country has the richest soils in all of the world) literally died from hunger organized by the criminal communist regime. For comparison, only 3 millions died from the hands of the Nazis.

Total civilian losses during the war and German occupation in Ukraine are estimated at four million, including up to a million Jews who were murdered by Einsatzgruppen units, Order Police battalions, Wehrmacht troops and local Nazi collaborators.

Edited by Hellfire
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Saanim said:

Usually, we do not read much about generals being involved in a ground combat...

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Really? Just another one to add to the list. always nice to share some positive news. Vitaly Gerasimov & Sergey Chipilyov two of Russia's top generals have been killed in Ukraine within days of each other.

Actually, what I did mean was not much reading about other generals than "Russian" killed in a ground combat... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Saanim said:

Actually, she has been released. But can you believe it?

Why they did not let her speak freely on TV, like the cases when Bush, Obama, others were heckled? Who will remember the Iraqi guy who had welcome GWB when visiting in Iraq?

Yes released, at this time, that is no guarantee for her, very brave human.  Recall the others they have managed to murder across the globe after they left Russia, I imagine her and her family will soon be homeless and unemployable for life.

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Saanim said:

OHCHR believes that the actual figures are considerably higher, especially in Government-controlled territory and especially in recent days, as the receipt of information from some locations where intense hostilities have been going on has been delayed and many reports are still pending corroboration. This concerns, for example, Izium (Kharkiv region), and Mariupol and Volnovakha (Donetsk region) where there are allegations of hundreds of civilian casualties. These figures are being further corroborated and are not included in the above statistics.

OHCHR notes the report of the Prosecutor General's Office of Ukraine, according to which as of 9 a.m. (local time) 14 March, 90 children had been killed and more than 100 injured.

https://reliefweb.int/report/ukraine/ukraine-civilian-casualties-2400-13-march-2022-enruuk

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

He can’t negotiate unless Russia are negotiating too.

But oddly you only see Ukraine backing down.

What is the Kremlin asking for to end the war?

Although neither country is giving up at the moment, both countries want to end the war. According to Mykhailo Podoliak, negotiator and advisor to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy (learn more about his name), both Kyiv and Moscow have seen "significant progress" in the negotiations: "My personal expectation is that this progress will very soon lead to a common position between the two delegations and the signing of documents."

So what has Russian President Vladimir Putin been pushing for?
  1. No NATO membership and a neutral position.
  2. Russian should be the second official language of Ukraine, with laws prohibiting it abolished.
  3. Recognise Crimea as Russian territory.
  4. Recognise the independence of Donetsk and Lugansk.
  5. Demilitarisation of Ukraine and abandonment of weapons that could be a threat to the Kremlin.
  6. Banning of ultra-nationalist parties and organisations in Ukraine.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/putin-s-six-demands-to-end-russia-s-invasion-of-ukraine/ar-AAV5oMx?ocid=

8 minutes ago, Saanim said:

Actually, what I did mean was not much reading about other generals than "Russian" killed in a ground combat... 

Because there's only a one-side report anything else true or not is propergander.

1 hour ago, Saanim said:

What is the Kremlin asking for to end the war?

Although neither country is giving up at the moment, both countries want to end the war. According to Mykhailo Podoliak, negotiator and advisor to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy (learn more about his name), both Kyiv and Moscow have seen "significant progress" in the negotiations: "My personal expectation is that this progress will very soon lead to a common position between the two delegations and the signing of documents."

So what has Russian President Vladimir Putin been pushing for?
  1. No NATO membership and a neutral position.
  2. Russian should be the second official language of Ukraine, with laws prohibiting it abolished.
  3. Recognise Crimea as Russian territory.
  4. Recognise the independence of Donetsk and Lugansk.
  5. Demilitarisation of Ukraine and abandonment of weapons that could be a threat to the Kremlin.
  6. Banning of ultra-nationalist parties and organisations in Ukraine.

1- could be acceptable if membership in the EU is possible

2- why not

3- major bargaining chip

4- nope

5- nope, not a chance, especially after Russia's attack

6- alibi-request and propaganda. and who decides what exactly is ultra-nationalist ?

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Yes released, at this time, that is no guarantee for her, very brave human.  Recall the others they have managed to murder across the globe after they left Russia, I imagine her and her family will soon be homeless and unemployable for life.

it's quite possible she will be murdered by one of Putin's death squads which usually murders journalists and political opponents or unyielding businessmen.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

The kind of inane response that’s always expected from you.

Hows the freedom of press laws in Russia? What happens if you do not toe the line on state TV

Ask the young lady that went on Russian state TV with a sign informing Russian people of gov lies. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Ask the young lady that went on Russian state TV with a sign informing Russian people of gov lies. 

Exactly not toeing the line on state tv leads to arrest. So how is Russian press?

and what happens if you protest the official line in Russia?

Edited by coolcarer

Ukraine's president, Volodymyr Zelenskiy has acknowledged that Ukraine will not become a Nato member, in a significant concession on a day 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/15/kyiv-facing-dangerous-moment-amid-signs-of-russias-tightening-grip

Forced by the maniacal dictator killing civilians and holding patients and medical staff hostages

Another war crime using civilians as human shields. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I have never been in favour of political assignations, however if Putin was to become a victim I would possible open a bottle of vodka in celebration

Champagne

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tgw said:

it's quite possible she will be murdered by one of Putin's death squads which usually murders journalists and political opponents or unyielding businessmen.

Hopefully, she will not be shot on a point blank as the UA member of the first treaty Denis Kireev 2 weeks ago by his colleagues on the street shortly after the talks.

5 hours ago, Saanim said:

Hopefully, she will not be shot on a point blank as the UA member of the first treaty Denis Kireev 2 weeks ago by his colleagues on the street shortly after the talks.

it's not really clear what happened:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10582805/Ukrainian-peace-negotiator-shot-dead-amid-claims-Russian-spy.html

https://www.timesofisrael.com/ukraine-reports-claim-negotiator-shot-for-treason-officials-say-he-died-in-intel-op/

in any case, the lady on Russian TV can't be suspected of spying or treason.

• Like 2