Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

47 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

we took on the Argentine army on the ground,

And also in the air and sea in, and around, the 200 mile exclusion zone.

There is one know exception: 

The S.A.S. aborted Operation Mikado: a failed raid on Rio Grande which went wrong!

Edited by DezLez

8 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Russia is not fighting a conventional war there using civilians to defeat Ukraine for what purpose?

To boost a dictator's ego and a (failing) attempt to cling onto power!

I agree totally with your comments/observations.

I have/am only adding additional factual info to your "spot on" observations to try and deflect the "but the .... did this brigade".

Edited by DezLez

This makes us wonder how the once mighty Red Army is under Putin. If they can't take a Country the size of Ukraine. Their Airforce has had to use long-range Bombers because there fighters are to easily shot down over urban areas, and their navy has to stay away from land for fear of being hit by land-based missile systems, There newly mobilized units don't even have winter clothing and rusty old Assault rifles.

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

Incorrect. Fuel prices soaring is due to sanctions imposed on Russian oil and gas and the bombing of NS2 which effectively ended the possibility of re-supply of Russian gas to Europe.

So, OPEC+ has played no part in the rise in fuel prices? You really want to go with that?

• Like 1

Incorrect. Fuel prices soaring is due to sanctions imposed on Russian oil and gas and the bombing of NS2 which effectively ended the possibility of re-supply of Russian gas to Europe.

Kids starving in Africa is partly due to majority of grain being shipped to Europe instead of Africa, I believe.

I don’t know why Russia wants to steal Ukraine’s grain as it has much more grain than Ukraine but unable to ship it out, I believe.

Really? So OPEC+ has played only an inconsequential role in the rise of the price of oil?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So, OPEC+ has played no part in the rise in fuel prices? You really want to go with that?

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Really? So OPEC+ has played only an inconsequential role in the rise of the price of oil?

I believe the price of gas shot up after the conflict started but has since come down. Still about 10x of the pre-conflict price.

The price of oil actually decreased after OPEC’s announcement of the cut. I can look for links if necessary.

1 minute ago, Gweiloman said:

I believe the price of gas shot up after the conflict started but has since come down. Still about 10x of the pre-conflict price.

The price of oil actually decreased after OPEC’s announcement of the cut. I can look for links if necessary.

The history of OPEC's oil policy after the invasion of Russia doesn't begin with the recent cut.

from NATO and the US

The last time I checked The US was a founding member of NATO and many non NATO countries are invoking UN (please note;  not NATO sanctions) but UN sanctions!

Edited by DezLez
correcting punctuation marks!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Natural gas in Europe has risen in price, due to its reliance on Russian imports.  Gas in the rest of the world are higher than the historic average, but not a lot higher.   https://www.macrotrends.net/2478/natural-gas-prices-historical-chart

As Europe increases its ability to import and distribute LNG, prices will come down there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

So clearly Russia's much bragged about military is no match for NATO.

But he is not fighting NATO troops.  He is fighting Ukrainians armed with their own weapons and also weapons and other indirect support from  non Russian aligned countries. They are not all/or NATO countries that support Ukraine!

27 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Oleg Tinkov renounces Russian citizenship: “can’t be associated with a fascist country”.

Wish there were more who had the guts to do this.

I wonder if he will now be taken off the sanctions list

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/foreign-secretary-announces-65-new-russian-sanctions-to-cut-off-vital-industries-fuelling-putins-war-machine

3 hours ago, DezLez said:

The last time I checked The US was a founding member of NATO and many non NATO countries are invoking UN (please note;  not NATO sanctions) but UN sanctions!

Aren’t all members of the UN obliged to follow UN sanctions?

• Haha 1

Iran is preparing to send additional weapons including ballistic missiles to Russia to use in Ukraine, western officials say

Iran is preparing to send approximately 1,000 additional weapons, including surface-to-surface short range ballistic missiles and more attack drones, to Russia to use in its war against Ukraine, officials from a western country that closely monitors Iran’s weapons program told CNN.

The shipment is being closely monitored because it would be the first instance of Iran sending advanced precision guided missiles to Russia, which could give the Kremlin a substantial boost on the battlefield.

The last shipment of weapons from Iran to Russia included about 450 drones, officials said, which the Russians have already used to deadly effect in Ukraine. Ukrainian officials said last week that they have shot down more than 300 Iranian drones.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/11/01/politics/iran-missiles-russia/index.html

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Iran is preparing to send additional weapons including ballistic missiles to Russia to use in Ukraine, western officials say

Iran is preparing to send approximately 1,000 additional weapons, including surface-to-surface short range ballistic missiles and more attack drones, to Russia to use in its war against Ukraine, officials from a western country that closely monitors Iran’s weapons program told CNN.

The shipment is being closely monitored because it would be the first instance of Iran sending advanced precision guided missiles to Russia, which could give the Kremlin a substantial boost on the battlefield.

The last shipment of weapons from Iran to Russia included about 450 drones, officials said, which the Russians have already used to deadly effect in Ukraine. Ukrainian officials said last week that they have shot down more than 300 Iranian drones.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/11/01/politics/iran-missiles-russia/index.html

If the Iran nuclear agreement was still in effect, this wouldn't be happening.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DezLez said:

But he is not fighting NATO troops.  He is fighting Ukrainians armed with their own weapons and also weapons and other indirect support from  non Russian aligned countries. They are not all/or NATO countries that support Ukraine!

True, and I meant no disrespect in my post to the brave Ukrainians defending their country.  However if Russia can not defeat a small country that only has a few months experience with western weapons I don't think Russia would do any better against NATO countries that have years of training and practice with the same and better weapons.

• Like 2