Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Poland's Marshal Józef Piłsudski had a lot of vision! What he stated then is in play right now but the terrorists will not win

Referring to the history (unfortunately, it's off topic) it seems there are not many Ukrainians who are much excited about his "a lot of vision"...    

5 minutes ago, Saanim said:

Referring to the history (unfortunately, it's off topic) it seems there are not many Ukrainians who are much excited about his "a lot of vision"...    

Correct the Ukrainians are too busy defending themselves from the Russian terrorists

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, bannork said:

The toxic Putin is becoming more and more isolated.

Maybe next time they can reserve one of those glass cages for Putin, like they have in Italian courts when a mafia capo stands trial. I’m sure the other heads of state would feel a lot better/safer. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

Can’t find a link for this yet (have a link to a Dutch newspaper, but I’m guessing that’s pretty useless), but apparently today, in his meeting with mothers of Russian soldiers, Putin said: “don’t believe everything you see on tv, a lot of it is fake. The internet is full of lies, don’t trust it”.

He’s not wrong there, but I’m pretty sure he forgot to add that pretty much all of the information coming from the Kremlin or Russian media is utter BS, nothing but lies, misinformation, fake news and hysterical warmongering rubbish. 

we do have to give the guy some credit for his acting skills  555

You know, I do wonder if the capacity to critically assess a situation still exists in the West. Like Putin isn't the Devil Incarnate, maybe we did inflame the situation by a few misjudged decisions, like the Russians have legitimate concerns. This Manichaean approach does nobody any good.

• Like 1

Plan A failed - collapse the Russian economy, plan B failed - destroy them through an influx of Western weapons. We're now into plan C. Whatever you say, the Russians seem to be in it for the long haul, an existential crisis for them. And the Russians are not so good at controlling the narrative but very good at war. They did defeat the Germans after all. Nobody with any sense goes up against the Russians militarily. This is basically a civil war, look at how the Slavic Ukrainians are absorbing losses, then transfer that to the Russian side. These are hard bas@#rds on both sides. Your average man bun man with a handbag ain't gonna cut it, 555. Thankfully, ain't my fight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BarraMarra said:

Don't think we have seen Russian mass graves being uncovered in Ukraine.

I fully agree with you.

My post was about the "pre-invasion" period, and a reply to a post claiming that the OSCE reports at that time were recording attacks from Ukraine. My reply (I had problems with the quoting function on my phone), was that attacks from both sides were recorded in these reports.