What is the good news about living in Thailand now?

webfact

2 hours ago, Jerno said:

Yes, fresh fruit is an accurate proxy for a country's livability.  It's middle of winter in Canada right now, not exactly fresh fruit season. Idiot.  And living in Canada right now is just dandy, thank you very much. Obviously you have no clue in what you are saying.  Sheesh! 

Canadians bravely suffer their (at least away from the West Coast) abominable winters, but they suffer greatly under their Dear Leader, Kim Il Trudeau.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Is that how much you paid for them?, you were robbed.

????

Don't be foolish.... coin is there to give you a size reference. I have no idea what was paid for them, Mrs brought some back from the market. Knowing her it would not be too much!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Strawberries, raspberries and blueberries have been available in Sainsburys/Tesco all year round for around 2.50/bag (120bht) for years. I never considered them a luxury and I've never seen anything available like this in Thailand.

Until this year Cavendish bananas weren't easily available in Thailand either, Thai bananas I feed my rabbits as they taste awful ..... not fit for human consumption IMHO.

IMG_20160516_210218.jpg

Glad to see that you didn't go overboard on the portion!    LOL

37 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Don't be foolish.... coin is there to give you a size reference. I have no idea what was paid for them, Mrs brought some back from the market. Knowing her it would not be too much!

Take it easy girlfriend, was a whimsical comment.

????

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I agree with most of what you write. But strawberries in Thailand are just not what strawberries are supposed to be.

Where in Thailand can you get strawberries like this?

erdbeeren-erdbeerzeit-cc0pixabaymaxmann-

Grow our own and they are as good as any I've eaten around the globe  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I agree with most of what you write. But strawberries in Thailand are just not what strawberries are supposed to be.

Where in Thailand can you get strawberries like this?

erdbeeren-erdbeerzeit-cc0pixabaymaxmann-

Unfortunately they don't have decent soil to raise good strawberries, IMO.

27 minutes ago, mrfill said:

But is Russia a communist country? The communist party only got 19.5% of the vote in the last election (2021). Putin's party is an extreme right wing cabal somewhat similar to the nazi party in 1930s Germany, with similar actions and ambitions.

Just goes to show you how up to date I'm not. Now if that is the case, that's scarier than being a commie.