UPDATED! TEST & GO rules from 1 March 2022

webfact

I can do this , if WW3 hasn't started by then , i will come in May . TBH , some things i still don't like , like the insurance , since i got 1 from my home country , and if they really want it like that , just put the 300 baht fee in and make it the needed insurance fee ( which clearly is not ) . 1st day PCR , ok , how does day 5 ATK works ? Send in a pic ? have to go to test center? Anybody got info on it ?

Logic free zone…

I saw a recent article that 3% of arrivals were testing positive in Phuket.

Let’s say Thailand removes restrictions (only PCR pre-flight & insurance) and as a result, we see a decent increase to 500,000pax per month.

3% positive would be around 15,000pax/month

Let’s increase to 10% = 50,000pax/month

Let’s increase to 20% = 100,000pax/month

Now, don’t let the local headline numbers of around 20,000 cases per day fool you.

There are credible analyses available (case positivity extrapolated to population based on the limited testing in Thailand) that suggest that Thailand is pulling over 100,000 new cases per day at the moment.

So, even with the “doomsday” scenario of 20% positivity, these arriving 500,000 tourists contribute only around 1 extra day’s worth of cases per month…

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Alberto Maria said:

my wife read it in Thai and she told me that is valid only for a few provinces.

Bangkok is not included.

Thats not true.I just get my thaipass approved for arrival in bangkok.

My Test N Go pass is from the very first Test N Go scheme that was issued to me on December 11th.  I arrived on the 26th at just before midnight and my test was done at the hotel just after 1 am on the 27th, which means my 2nd test is due supposedly on the 3rd, which is tomorrow.  However having arrived on the first Test N Go pass I am not required to stay a second night at the hotel and can take a test at a government approved hospital free of charge.  Funny thing is I can not find a hospital to test at here in BKK.

This is from a Website regarding Thailand Pass Test and Go and I can not find anything further to assist me.  Many I have talked to said all I need is an ATK test done at home, and a photo taken of it and sent to my original hotel.

Q: I applied for Test & Go before the December 22 deadline and I have a Thailand Pass. Do I need to book a SHA Plus+ hotel for the 2nd test?

A: You are an exception as you can do the second test at a government designated facility for free. So far, the government has not stated if you must book a hotel for your RT-PCR test on Day 5.

Does anyone have any more info that can help me. Of course I am not a tourist as I live here in Bangkok.

Edited by ThailandRyan

13 hours ago, garyk said:

As soon as they do away with the 1 night quarantine and PCR test, I may come back to visit friends.

Unfortunately you will have to wait some months! I decide to travel, one test on arrival is ok for me, not happy about this, but after two years waiting I didn't want wait anymore

Many people (me too) are just waiting those many-many restrictions, bureaucraty, and risks to be sent to hospital with no symptom, to be droped, before going back in Thailand.

Actually i think it will happen only when the number of case goes down. Does not make too much sense with Omicron, but i think it's the logic here.

Or they just don't want tourists, possible too.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Currently it just less than a day and some places are very modestly priced. If you are aware of the negative impact on tourism do you not think the Thai authorities are also aware? There is not some massive conspiracy to fill rooms under false pretences. The idea is somewhere between paranoid and absurd.

Agreed…. No conspiracy to drum up hotel business etc… that’s just a bit of shortsighted paranoia from some… it is absurd, along with the conspiracy theories that PCR results are being falsified positive to drum up quarantine!!! (The bar stools must have been buzzing with that one!)

But the Test & Go is now silly… Covid is rife in Thailand now, T&G benefits no one. 

1 night & 5000 Baht is no biggie at all…

But, the mere idea of doing the online application is putting potential tourists off.

4 minutes ago, RandiRona said:

36 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

do you not think the Thai authorities are also aware?

Thai authorities also not aware of any prostitution and gambling happening in country so your barometer of trusting Thai government to be conscious of their surroundings is flawed!

This can’t possibly be a serious comment !!! 

Do you really think the Thai government is unaware of what happens in Thailand ??   (prostitution, gambling, corruption).

The idea that you are so smart you know this stuff is going on, but you think those in positions of decision making power are so stupid they  have no idea is hilarious….  

You’re a few magnitudes of understanding out on this one !!!   

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

This can’t possibly be a serious comment !!! 

Do you really think the Thai government is unaware of what happens in Thailand ??   (prostitution, gambling, corruption).

The idea that you are so smart you know this stuff is going on, but you think those in positions of decision making power are so stupid they  have no idea is hilarious….  

You’re a few magnitudes of understanding out on this one !!!   

"Do you really think the Thai government is unaware of what happens in Thailand ??   (prostitution, gambling, corruption)."

Sarcasm, They know everything , all the decisions which are made to fill up their pockets not for the benefits of normal Thais.

"The idea that you are so smart you know this stuff is going on, but you think those in positions of decision making power are so stupid they  have no idea is hilarious…."

Funny thing is that you dont need to be smart to know what Thai government is doing, they are open in promoting corrupt decision and practices,  I am guilty of not closing my eyes and pretend that this Thai government is God send and they have the best interest of common Thai in their mind.  You can pretend to believe whatever you want but that doesn't make it a reality.

"You’re a few magnitudes of understanding out on this one !!!"

May be ...... I try and punch about my weight ????

On 3/2/2022 at 8:20 AM, TheFishman1 said:

If they really wanted Tourist to come do away with that ridiculous thia pass

Thai Pass is very simply and getting even more so.

Anyone who's travelled quite a bit in the last 2 years will realise things are getting much easier and will continue to do so.

10 hours ago, Sambotte said:

Many people (me too) are just waiting those many-many restrictions, bureaucraty, and risks to be sent to hospital with no symptom, to be droped, before going back in Thailand.

Actually i think it will happen only when the number of case goes down. Does not make too much sense with Omicron, but i think it's the logic here.

Or they just don't want tourists, possible too.

I just recently did test and go.

Arrived day 1 at about 2100, immediately test then went to bed. Woke up at 0600, results by 0630 and offski by 0700.

Got a message from the nurse to come for second test at 0800, turned up showed ID etc. Asked how long for results and was told 10-12 hours, when i asked why so long the guy said i could go home and wait, so i drove home 400kms away, got results at 2300 that night.

Mate that was in same hotel similar story.

It's all for show...... and money.

• Like 1

Contacted my Hotel yesterday afternoon, and was advised to buy an ATK test, take it at home today day 5, and keep the results attached to my paperwork.  Upon completing the ATK test at home, I photographed everything including my test and go and sent it by e-mail to my hotel as well as putting it all in my files.  Such a cluster this whole day 5 test is.  I will wait for my face to be on the news as the immigration police and Department of disease control come hunting for me.....even though I did as instructed and arrived using the first Test N Go from December which was for exactly as I did and exactly as the new requirements are as of the 1st of March.  Does not make sense to have so many different rules.

• Like 1