27-year-old ‘Big Bike’ rider dies after crashing into an electric pole in Banglamung

webfact

274927965_3032758117054224_7793415511966317575_n-696x522.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Banglamung – A 27-year-old big bike rider has been pronounced dead at the scene after crashing into an electric pole Banglamung, March 1st.

The Nongprue Police were notified of the accident at 11:15 P.M. on Motorway Frontage Road in Nongprue.

Emergency responders and The Pattaya News arrived at the scene to find a damaged Honda CBR500 on the road.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/03/02/27-year-old-big-bike-rider-dies-after-crashing-into-an-electric-pole-in-banglamung/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-03-03

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

I saw a rider down on Theprasit yesterday morning. No helmet, no shirt, no shoes. Wounds on his left arm and leg, and blood appeared to be coming out of one ear. Police were there, a dozen people taking video, but no medical help yet. 

He was moving, but I don't know if he made it.

Edited by Paradise Pete
  • Sad 1

Big bikes are too powerful for most of the unskilled riders here.

Even a 500cc is a totally different animal to a scooter. 

Most of them will graduate to a big bike from a scooter with no training whatsoever so easy to understand why accidents like this continue to happen. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

These poles are lethal..........why doesn't the government do something about them?

They are ... all wires to be placed underground ... though not in our lifetime.   Although, if the pole stops the idiots from hitting my wall, then poles are good.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

These poles are lethal..........why doesn't the government do something about them?

Agreed…..they really should stop making poles out of that super-magnetic concrete.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Haha 1

As a former rider of "big bikes" in the UK and a rider of a 150cc scooter, I can say that there is no place for anything over 350cc here in Thailand. The roads, riding/driving skills, discipline and a multitude of hazards make any kind of hard acceleration or high speeds simply suicidal. As mentioned above it's still easy to die riding a Click or similar. Going harder and faster here is just plain crazy.

5 hours ago, Paradise Pete said:

I saw a rider down on Theprasit yesterday morning. No helmet, no shirt, no shoes. Wounds on his left arm and leg, and blood appeared to be coming out of one ear. Police were there, a dozen people taking video, but no medical help yet. 

He was moving, but I don't know if he made it.

But… was he on a big bike ? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Queue [sic] them?   You think they're orderly enough to line up?  

Yes, there will certainly be enough of them to form a line, then cue the guy at the front.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, LarrySR said:

I see the PCX road warriors using the “Big Bike” parking at Central shopping center. 

Where is the Big Bike parking at Central Mall? I've entered with my truck from both 2nd road and beach rd, never saw the bike parking lot.

On 3/3/2022 at 6:36 PM, LarrySR said:

I see the PCX road warriors using the “Big Bike” parking at Central shopping center. 

Should have a sign, 350cc or 500cc or over ONLY. 

On 3/4/2022 at 6:19 AM, EVENKEEL said:

Where is the Big Bike parking at Central Mall? I've entered with my truck from both 2nd road and beach rd, never saw the bike parking lot.

Basement.